VBA2C consultant said NO :(

M

mummyvikki

As the title says my consultant has said no to a VBA2C and his reasons were pathetic.
He said because I have had to previous sections that my risks are higher for uterine rupture. (which I knew anyway)
And..........
Because I've had premature babies my uterus never expanded enough?? WTF??? I'm gutted.
I fear having a section and I feel it would be just as risky having a section as it will be attempting a vaginal birth.
I have no idea where I stand now..He wasn't supportive at all and felt my own body is in his hands.

Sorry just wanted to rant I feel so let down by him xx

Totally understand, but here is a link to help explain why. Its a big debate and some are for it and some arent. Some drs etc just arent willing to take the risk especially since you do have a higher chance or a rupture. I know it hurts you to not have a proper say, but you have to remember drs have to keep you and your baby in their best interests. There isnt any point risking something that could go horribly wrong just because you wish for it to be done differently. So do understand he isnt saying it just to not listen etc. This link gives info on why some drs allow it and why some dont.

https://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-vbac.htm

You part any vbac groups on facebook? They are normally great place to get advice :)

He said no? He cant say NO its your body! Please come and join the VBAC UK Support group on facebook and explain your situation to the wonderful ladies on there we have midwives on there and everything who will be able to give you advice x

He said no? He cant say NO its your body! Please come and join the VBAC UK Support group on facebook and explain your situation to the wonderful ladies on there we have midwives on there and everything who will be able to give you advice x

Could you send me the link please hun xx

He can't say no, I would be telling him to move your care to a different consultant because you'll be attempting a natural birth.

You don't need his approval at all.

He can't say no. It is your body and your choice. He can't force a c-section on you. It is up to you to gather information on your options and risks and make an informed decision. Good luck

Thank you all I have just found the nice guidelines that we're update 2011 and due in 2016. I'll add a pic xx

Sorry if it doesn't turn out right x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 21
I will be having this conversation in a few weeks time. My community midwife has said 100% that I will have to have a c section but I had a brief chat with a consultant who said because I have already had 2 normal deliveries before my 2nd section then that stands me in good stead for being able to have a VBAC2C. She said most of the consultants would agree as the risk of uterine rupture is fairly low but it depends on my other factors as I am high risk due to my weight, age, gd, and parity as this is baby 7.
I would like to have a normal delivery but at the end of the day the most important thing is that me and baby both come out of the other side happy and healthy x

I will be having this conversation in a few weeks time. My community midwife has said 100% that I will have to have a c section but I had a brief chat with a consultant who said because I have already had 2 normal deliveries before my 2nd section then that stands me in good stead for being able to have a VBAC2C. She said most of the consultants would agree as the risk of uterine rupture is fairly low but it depends on my other factors as I am high risk due to my weight, age, gd, and parity as this is baby 7.
I would like to have a normal delivery but at the end of the day the most important thing is that me and baby both come out of the other side happy and healthy x

As you said yourself I would love a normal delivery, I obviously will put mine and baby's health 110% first. But after my last section it has knocked me for six and makes me not want to go down that route unless 100% nessesary.x

I totally agree with you. The recovery from my 1st section was horrendous and painful. My 2nd section wasn't too bad and I was up and showered within 12 hours of my op but that was with me mithering!
I also would like a normal delivery just so I can get home asap as my last stay on maternity wasn't pleasant. I had my baby at Christmas and was in hospital on Christmas day for the 2nd year in a row. It was horrible :(

I totally agree with you. The recovery from my 1st section was horrendous and painful. My 2nd section wasn't too bad and I was up and showered within 12 hours of my op but that was with me mithering!
I also would like a normal delivery just so I can get home asap as my last stay on maternity wasn't pleasant. I had my baby at Christmas and was in hospital on Christmas day for the 2nd year in a row. It was horrible :(

I hope you get your normal delivery and can have a speedy recovery this time round :) xx

I agree with the others hun, go see another dr and get a second opinion, remember it is your body and as long as you're informed you should be supported to have the birth you want.

I've been told I have to have another section as well, I've had 2, I think mine more because of how close all mine will be, theres less then a year between my first 2, and between my youngest and this one it will be 21 months, so there are a lot of risks with both.

I agree that you should get a second opinion but slightly disagree that you can demand what you like as its your body. Just remember that a doctor wont want you to do something which may be detrimental to you or your baby and he has to take ownership for a safe outcome for both of you so he must advise what he believes to be the least risk. Also bear in mind for a natural birth that if you did go iver dates you couldnt be induced after 2 c sections due to the risk of uterine rupture.
I hope you get the kind of birth you want and a second opinion is always a good thing. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->