VBA2C consultant said NO :(

Honestly I think his explanations are totally reasonable.

Uterine muscle loses flexibility every time it is cut into. This means (1) your uterus could rupture and (2) your uterus does NOT have the ability to stretch like a uterus which as not been cut into.

Thank you all for your advice, I did ALOT of research yesterday and have swung both ways natural and rcs..Both options are do able and both come with there risks. I Think if my body was to want me to go natural I wouldn't have had two sections already I guess.
As much as I want a natural birth for the recovery and I guess experience I need to way up the pro's and con's of a RCS.
I know the risks of having a uterine rupture are higher with having two sections and I feel that it would be do able but is it what my body actually wants me to do? Is it safe for me to do? And would it be of any benefit to me and the baby? Only thing I can think of is that I could go home to my other two children and not be in absolute agony because of a huge scar.
It's such a difficult choixe and makes a huge impact on everyone involved. I only want what is best for me and the baby but also want what is best for my other two children and other half.
I will speak again with my consultant and see what he says, last time I was 1st in his clinic and he didn't take me seriously when I wanted to talk openly about having a VBA2C and my benefits for having one.
My last section was 4years ago and from what I have read online you do stand a higher chance of having a VBAC the longer you leave it between pregnancys but there is still a 1.7% chance of having a uterine rupture and that scares the living life out of me. I would never put my self before my baby and if again if when I speak to the consultant and he says that he honestly believes it is a bad idea and I run a high risk then I will knock the whole idea of a VBAC on the head and so be it.

Again thank you for listening and voicing your opinions I really do appreciate it :) xxx

Can I ask why you needed a section before hun? And did you have elective section 2nd time or emergency again? X

Can I ask why you needed a section before hun? And did you have elective section 2nd time or emergency again? X

Hi hun, first one was a emergency as he was transverse and I was 8cm when I got there.
2nd one my waters had been broken for 3days with no progression and fetal destress xx

Sounds a good chance that you may need another section then! Babies eh! If its any consolation my first delivery involved forceps on gas and air and was far from pleasant either x

I had an emerency c-section in 2010, at my last dr.'s appointment I was told that a VBAC wasn't in the cards for me, due to my body not progressing and having signs of toxemia in 2010. At first, I was shattered. My c-section didn't go well with DD, my body was half-numbed and I felt everything. My dr. actually sat me down and discussed my options and what would be the best way to proceed. He explained in depth what will happen with the spinal block and the care before, during and after. I felt more confident knowing and being informed. I hadn't even looked up c-sections with DD so being thrown into it was terrifying. He knew I was extremely disappointed when he told me no VBAC so he explained that he only does VBAC's when there was something wrong with the baby, not when things didn't progress. He doesn't want to cause more distress to mother and baby than absolutely necessary.

I would talk to your doctor more before you do anything drastic. I understand that you're upset but your dr. only wants the best for you and baby. I wouldn't recommend going to someone else in attempts for VBAC if your dr. has deemed it unsafe. I wish you all the best! If you need to talk, or vent, you can private message me!

Hi ladies, and thanks for the thread mummyvikki.
I also had an emergency c section last time (failed sunction cup, got a little bit of the head out but just couldn't fit along with my fever, long labor, pre e...) anyway I haven't seen my OB yet but I do remember the first thing she said after delivery me was 'I'm booking you in next time!' ☺️ It was a long birth process! So I'm considering discussing a VBAC mainly because I want the choice of how many babies we have. Has anyone discussed this with their Dr/midwife? I've read 3 is considered ok but we've always thought we'd have 4.
Mummyvikki-keep us updated with how it goes for you 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"