VBAC info/support

Mrs Raggle & Melissa! Good luck ladies!! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see these babies and hear birth stories! :happydance::hugs:

Good luck to all the VBAC ladies due now. Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with you guys!

Okay I am starting to think I may be a VBAC contender, as I'm getting more and more certain that I'm not going to reach my section date - yikes! :wacko:

Okay I am starting to think I may be a VBAC contender, as I'm getting more and more certain that I'm not going to reach my section date - yikes! :wacko:

What is making you think this? :baby:

I'm excited for you :flower:

I've had some of my show over the past couple of days, last night I woke up with the most horrendous backache and what I *think* may have been some mild BH. Then today I was caught short in Asda needing (TMI) an urgent poo. I understand that all these things can be a sign of early labour. I know it can last some time, but my section isn't until the 16th, it seems really far away when these things are happening.

I've had some of my show over the past couple of days, last night I woke up with the most horrendous backache and what I *think* may have been some mild BH. Then today I was caught short in Asda needing (TMI) an urgent poo. I understand that all these things can be a sign of early labour. I know it can last some time, but my section isn't until the 16th, it seems really far away when these things are happening.

Oh wow so exciting hun!!!!!
Well what ever happens I wish you and your LO all the health and luck in the world, and for future reference literally NOTHING has ever been tmi for me, I don't have that gene its missing I've been told off many times about going into Tmi when it comes to bodily functions he he he I find everything about the human body fascinating :laugh2:

Good luck I hope everything goes smoothly no matter which path it takes :)

ooohhh lots of labour dust ladies!!!!

I noticed we have a few close EDD's!

Oh I do hope we get some good VBAC and good CBACs...at the end of the day as long as do what's right by us and do it after making informed choices a good CBAC can be frickin awesome.

I'm really hoping to bring a VBAC story to you. I'm concerned because baby is currently OP, going to try and do what I can to turn but I'm already lacking confidence in my ability to VBAC and now I feel worse!

Baby knows what's best, trust that babies come out in all directions OP is NOT the end of the world.

Good luck Snuffy!!!

Happy due date Melissa!!! :)

Thank-you!!! No baby yet....starting to give up hope of a due date baby hehe

My VBAC was an OP one from start to finish when he arrived face to pubes (with a little help from the forceps). It was intense to say the least.

It took 3 days of stop start contractions to even get into labour and I had about 12 hours of latent labour that really felt like proper labour. I think one thing that helped was the midwives could tell he was OP and were generous with how far dilated they recorded me at. I'm pretty sure I was 4cm, when they still had me down as 3cm just to give me a little longer before going on the VBAC count down.

At least if you know baby is OP you can plan for it taking longer, and plan for it feeling more intense and if you know thats what will happen then you can feel more in control.

My VBAC recovery is now officially worse than my C-Section recovery!!

So now to add to low Hb and baby being readmitted days 3 to 8 with an infection I have been really poorly from days 13-17. I've had a high temperature and been unable to get out of bed. Its completely floored me and I've never felt so ill in my life. I'm now on antibiotics. My bleeding stopped at the same time the fever started and then came back when the fever stopped so its possible some retained products or clots...or I have an infection in my stitches.

I keep telling myself that me and baby could have had all the same complications following a C-Section and the recovery would have been even worse.

Gosh sweetie, I'm sorry you're not feeling good!

It does sound like some kind of infection, the only bonus is it's happening while lo is so young that they dont do much really, you can sit and watch them for hours without feeling guilty you should be doing something else because you aren't well.

Here's hoping once you shake this off it's all plain sailing.

Gosh Celesse you're going through the mill. I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I had a OP labour with Eloise too which is why I'm more nervous, same as you my latent labour felt like real labour and I only had a c-section for failure to progress (got to 3cm in 38 hours from waters breaking). I'm worried history may repeat itself. BUT, I'm also trying to think positive :)

I was in early labour on and off for a couple days with DS1 who funnily enough was OP but I eventually got to 9.5cm LOL after 20 hours with some synto along the way.

DS2 couldnt have been more different.

No real niggles until a few hours before I went into labour, a good show then building cramps until I I realised it was contractions and they were getting longer and stronger.

DS2 was OA until transition then he moved OP and we transfered to hospital and he turned back to OA despite me being in stirrups.

Hi girls! Looking into this thread as we had a condom break and I've been crampy all week and not really sure if I'm PG. Have a feeling I should have started AF by now but who knows?? lol. It's only been 10/11 days since we dtd so I'm not testing for a few more days. (or unless AF shows). This whole thing has really got me thinking though since I know I want a VBAC and it's something I should be looking into as it will greatly decide where I deliver and my options surrounding the whole thing. Also- if I'm not currently PG we will probably be TTC in April or May

My birth story is in my sig if any one wants to peek. It's a long one and I'm still dealing with it mentally. I mentioned VBAC to a neighbor and she basically told me I would kill my baby because my uterus would rupture and blah blah blah. I guess we'll see how it all works out!

on the plus point I'm 7lb less than I was before I got pregnant already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->