VBAC info/support

Well done you celesse! hope you both get fighting fit and healthy soon!

Welcome MissFox!

Dont pay attention to uneducated people, most are simply too scared of birth in any fashion to contemplate VBAC. If you want it you can get it!

Thank you for this thread! I would love to join. I am planning a VBAC after my breech c-section delivery in 2008. I am due Aug 21, 2012.

Just popping in to add this inspiring video of a woman's journey to HBA2C.

https://vimeo.com/5648654

....the video shows detailed scenes of two c sections then her home water birth. The end shows a letter to her doctor....If you don't want to watch the surgery skip to 7:18mins in.

:flower:

I didnt read all of this thread but wanted to know wether anyone has had 2 c-sections and had a vbac on their 3rd i had my 2nd elective c-section 8 weeks ago and totally feel i made the wrong decision im so angry with my self for going with the what i thought would be the easy option and everyday i think about it and regret it :( anyway i wanted 3 children but my recovery from this section was so painful i dont think i could ever have another section i just wanted to know wether anyone has or is going to have a vbac after 2 sections? Im not planning on babys any time soon just curious :)

Nickynack is planning VBA3C

Heavyheart is planning a VBA2C

....I have a few VBAMC stories in the spoilers in the first page.

If you want first hand help and support please go and join the yahoo email group for VBAC I cannot tell you just hoe supportive and how well informed the ladies are there.

X

Thank you for this thread! I would love to join. I am planning a VBAC after my breech c-section delivery in 2008. I am due Aug 21, 2012.

Welcome mum...always room for one more LOL

Fingers crossed for a less topsy turvy baby this time!

Chuck, do you have any statistics on how many women VBAC versus ELCS and/or EMCS?

I've heard the yahoo group is really good x

I didnt read all of this thread but wanted to know wether anyone has had 2 c-sections and had a vbac on their 3rd i had my 2nd elective c-section 8 weeks ago and totally feel i made the wrong decision im so angry with my self for going with the what i thought would be the easy option and everyday i think about it and regret it :( anyway i wanted 3 children but my recovery from this section was so painful i dont think i could ever have another section i just wanted to know wether anyone has or is going to have a vbac after 2 sections? Im not planning on babys any time soon just curious :)

Yep, as mentioned I am planning a VBA3C in June, so I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Chuck, do you have any statistics on how many women VBAC versus ELCS and/or EMCS?

I've heard the yahoo group is really good x

Not on hand, but it'll very with your hospital/area.

But generally VBAC rates are rising at the chance of a VBAC turned EMCS is around the same as that of a first time mum so roughly 75%, but that varies according to your prior labour and current pregnancy.

For instance at my VBAC clinc and my MW said that because I went into spontaneous labour and got to over 9cm (despite with some help) and my EMCS was uncomplicated and my pregnancies were uncomplicated that I stood more like a 80-90% chance of a VBAC.

Ask your MW and OB for the rates for your hospital.

Im in labour!!! :yipee:
(update is in my journal for anyone interested!)

Woooohoooo!!! Congrats Melissa!! :happydance:

(Incase anyone cant find it, she's now at 5cm and just had an epidural and is nice and comfy :))

Hiya yes I am planning a VBA2C :) I have big babies too :) hehe

Just popping in to add this inspiring video of a woman's journey to HBA2C.

https://vimeo.com/5648654

....the video shows detailed scenes of two c sections then her home water birth. The end shows a letter to her doctor....If you don't want to watch the surgery skip to 7:18mins in.

:flower:

This had me in floods of tears they were like my first two births, lets hope I can have it my way next time, shame she doesn't say how big the babes were though :shrug: but amazing vid :happydance: the "I'm holding my baby" had me going well tbh the tears are still rolling now, I cant help it :dohh:

It got me too!! Hubby laughs at me (everything is the hormones!!) for crying at the birthing vids I watch, but this one was amazing, truly inspiring!! Her absolute AWE at what she just done was lovely!

It got me too!! Hubby laughs at me (everything is the hormones!!) for crying at the birthing vids I watch, but this one was amazing, truly inspiring!! Her absolute AWE at what she just done was inspiring!

well I am not pregnant and I cried for around twenty minutes :dohh:

heh heh

Yes she was and I want so much to feel that feeling...... One thing.......
Did you think the lady was being FAR too rough "drying" the babies hair like seriously the more she does that the more the baby screams and appears to be scared (goes more ridgid, screams louder):growlmad:
That annoyed me I was shouting at my screen what-ARE-YOU-DOING? :dohh:

Ahh NickyNack I do hope you get your Vbac hun :flower:

It got me too!! Hubby laughs at me (everything is the hormones!!) for crying at the birthing vids I watch, but this one was amazing, truly inspiring!! Her absolute AWE at what she just done was inspiring!

heh heh

Did you think the lady was being FAR too rough "drying" the babies hair like seriously the more she does that the more the baby screams and appears to be scared (goes more ridgid, screams louder):growlmad:

Cant remember that part? Was that after the section? They were a lot calmer at the natural birth, no screaming baby etc. I hope I get it too, if I do manage it I will feel like bloody Superwoman for weeks, I'll tell you!! :bodyb:

heh heh

Cant remember that part? Was that after the section? They were a lot calmer at the natural birth, no screaming baby etc. I hope I get it too, if I do manage it I will feel like bloody Superwoman for weeks, I'll tell you!! :bodyb:

Weeks?!?! More like years and years! You will tell her every birthday she ever has what you managed to achieve that day :D :happydance:
Oh yeah it was the first section :)

She?? Is that your prediction?? LOL, I have a gender scan on Saturday morning, hoping "she" is actually a "he"!

I will be high as a kite, honestly. I feel so incomplete not having a vaginal birth!! Plus, it means I can have more babies afterwards LOL :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->