VBAC info/support

hey ladies :flower: i had an appointment with the local vbac clinic today and to be honest im now abit confused :wacko: my midwife told me i could have a water birth no problem and could chose what i want about being monitored constantly etc, well the lady i saw today told me im only allowed in a pool 'maybe' in very early labour :wacko: not allowed to birth in the pool :nope: and i will be continuously monitored no askin me at all what i wanted :wacko: and she said being my first actual labour it could be a long one but thats ok then two mins later told mei will not be allowed to labour for really long :wacko: whos right her or mw now i just wana not go to hospital at all and stay home she really put me off :nope: thanks ladiesxx

Nicky nack that sounds brilliant and exactly what I'm after! Thank you everyone for your help. I have a MW appointment on Tues and hoping that she will examine me to see how effaced/dilated I am.

Someone told me today that they will only let VBACers push for a maximum of an hour - is that right? And having never laboured before, is that ample time to get the baby out?

hey ladies :flower: i had an appointment with the local vbac clinic today and to be honest im now abit confused :wacko: my midwife told me i could have a water birth no problem and could chose what i want about being monitored constantly etc, well the lady i saw today told me im only allowed in a pool 'maybe' in very early labour :wacko: not allowed to birth in the pool :nope: and i will be continuously monitored no askin me at all what i wanted :wacko: and she said being my first actual labour it could be a long one but thats ok then two mins later told mei will not be allowed to labour for really long :wacko: whos right her or mw now i just wana not go to hospital at all and stay home she really put me off :nope: thanks ladiesxx

The only thing I know for sure about labour and birth is that everyone thinks differently about everything! It can get really confusing when you're in a specific situation such as ours. I have had midwives tell me a waterbirth is absolutely forbidden whereas others heartily encourage it.

I think the best thing you can do it research research research and try to make the best decisions for yourself based on what you know for sure.

Knowledge is the best power in situations like this.

Tell her to piss off, it's your body/baby/birth.

I was told its best not to deliver in the water in case of bleeding - its easier to deal with if you're out the water. But labouring right up to end is fine, don't let them tell you otherwise.

As for time limits, they said they like to keep labouring to a minimum but it's your choice at the end of the day, and they can negotiate as long as baby is happy, for more time. They said to me they want 6cm in ten hours. That's not outrageous in my eyes :shrug:

Don't let them bully you :hugs:

Nicky nack that sounds brilliant and exactly what I'm after! Thank you everyone for your help. I have a MW appointment on Tues and hoping that she will examine me to see how effaced/dilated I am.

Someone told me today that they will only let VBACers push for a maximum of an hour - is that right? And having never laboured before, is that ample time to get the baby out?

I was told two hours pushing, but I could be wrong!

Good luck for Tuesday - or before :)

I was told two hours pushing, but I could be wrong!

Good luck for Tuesday - or before :)

Oh that's more encouraging. I can just see myself being right on the brink! Everything crossed for you too :) xx

Hospitals have different policies it if you cannot be forced to have a CS.

I pushed for over an hour and a half and that's only the time I was in hospital I went in at 10 cm and had some pushy urges in the ambulance.

I've planned a vbac with hypnobirthing this time. I'm 13 weeks. I have a meeting with my consultant about the birth in may. I worry that they will want constant monitoring as I struggle with the pain when I can't move about x

I am compromising on the constant monitoring by asking to use the wireless monitors. I will not be chained to the bed no compromise there :growlmad: If they try I will take them off. Seriously :nope: That was the worst part of B's birth and what I blame the most for the failed induction.

I'm going for hbac to avoid the continuous monitoring!

I am compromising on the constant monitoring by asking to use the wireless monitors. I will not be chained to the bed no compromise there :growlmad: If they try I will take them off. Seriously :nope: That was the worst part of B's birth and what I blame the most for the failed induction.

Exactly the same as me - I blame being chained for my first emergency cs! I've compromised to accept continuous monitoring on the sole condition they let me move about as much as I want, so they are giving me the wireless monitors too :)

I've planned a vbac with hypnobirthing this time. I'm 13 weeks. I have a meeting with my consultant about the birth in may. I worry that they will want constant monitoring as I struggle with the pain when I can't move about x

:hi: welcome :hugs:

I got all wired up to the wireless monitors, only to find they couldn't get a good enough trace. I agreed to keep the wired ones on as I was comfy on the bed with gas and air by that point.

I just want to add something I wish I knew before having the emcs.

Mobile monitoring is really not that great and can lead to heart rate losses also these are not always available when you need them. What is always available is the clip they put on the babies head for monitoring and this one always works best. ASK FOR IT!!!!!

Hi ladies thought id check in with you all :thumbup:

NickyNack - thats fantastic your appointment went so well and you have full backing and are feeling ood about labouring in hospital!!! :happydance: Really happy for you and i hope it all goes to plan for you :hugs:

update on me, well i have pretty much had to come to terms that my vbac dream is down the drain :cry: The hospital said they would support me in "short trial of labour" if i go into labour early and present myself at the hospital :shrug:I have the added pain in the ass gestational diabetes which seems to be the main problem, they want to delive between 36 and 38weeks due to diabetes being hard to control :wacko:. They think it would be much safer to do this and given i had a failed vbac with my last daughter who was 10lbs 5oz and suffered a few medical problems latter linked to the diabetes and being left in there too long they are pushing for section. I cant argue with that at all, i feel sad and frustraited that i cant do anything to change the reason why section is needed but i wont put my own birthing wants ahead of his safety. After loosing a baby in july and the heartache i carry i wouldnt forgive myself if our rainbow baby came to any harm because of my decisions on birthing.

I really really hope those of you planning your vbac's and hbac's have wonderful experiences and get the births you all deserve!!! ill still be checking in to c how you all get on!!! Maybe ill go myself early lol who knows i can hope but if not ill deal with it, just want my baby boy here safe in my arms :cloud9: xxx

Hi girls,

I was wondering if you had any advice on my birth plan? Chuck has been really lovely and helped me with it. The red bits are what I have changed. I would love to get some different opinions :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/949191-help-my-birth-plan.html

Just how essential is the constant monitoring? Would it be negligent/acceptable to compromise on intermittent monitoring? x

Hi girls,

I was wondering if you had any advice on my birth plan? Chuck has been really lovely and helped me with it. The red bits are what I have changed. I would love to get some different opinions :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/949191-help-my-birth-plan.html

Awesome BP. I need to write one as well. I think I will discuss mine with my doc on Wednesday.

I think you covered what I would have covered. :happydance::happydance:

Aw heavy heart, that sucks for you :( I'm truly very sorry that you feel you have no option but to csection. Maybe next time you will be in a position to vbac.

Good luck in your birth whatever way it goes, and stay in touch :)

Just how essential is the constant monitoring? Would it be negligent/acceptable to compromise on intermittent monitoring? x

It's up to you at the end of the day - all you can do is research your head off and see what feels best for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->