VBAC info/support

Hi ladies thought id check in with you all :thumbup:

NickyNack - thats fantastic your appointment went so well and you have full backing and are feeling ood about labouring in hospital!!! :happydance: Really happy for you and i hope it all goes to plan for you :hugs:

update on me, well i have pretty much had to come to terms that my vbac dream is down the drain :cry: The hospital said they would support me in "short trial of labour" if i go into labour early and present myself at the hospital :shrug:I have the added pain in the ass gestational diabetes which seems to be the main problem, they want to delive between 36 and 38weeks due to diabetes being hard to control :wacko:. They think it would be much safer to do this and given i had a failed vbac with my last daughter who was 10lbs 5oz and suffered a few medical problems latter linked to the diabetes and being left in there too long they are pushing for section. I cant argue with that at all, i feel sad and frustraited that i cant do anything to change the reason why section is needed but i wont put my own birthing wants ahead of his safety. After loosing a baby in july and the heartache i carry i wouldnt forgive myself if our rainbow baby came to any harm because of my decisions on birthing.

I really really hope those of you planning your vbac's and hbac's have wonderful experiences and get the births you all deserve!!! ill still be checking in to c how you all get on!!! Maybe ill go myself early lol who knows i can hope but if not ill deal with it, just want my baby boy here safe in my arms :cloud9: xxx

Big :hugs: I'm sorry you aren't having the vbac you desired, but you will still have a gorgeous LO. Wishing you all the best!

Heavyheart,

A CBAC isnt a failure in anything. Its a choice you are making in light of al the facts and knowing what you and baby need for the best.

You have time to plan this CS and make it yours if thats what you go ahead and do.

hey ladies, been pointed in this direction for the advice of some experts :thumbup: so here it is i was wondering if anyone has had a sucessful vbac after 2 sections. im not pregnant and probably wont ttc till 2014. I have 2 boys both were born at 36 weeks by planned section. ive never been given the option of a natural delivery so there is no reason why my body wouldnt be able to deliver naturally. Due to health reasons on my part the consultant put me forward for a section and i just went with the flow. I really am starting to feel like ive missed out and would really like to try for a vbac (if and when) the times comes around for #3. please tell me theres hope. thanks ladies x

Of course there's hope!! And welcome by the way :)

I'm a vba3c attempt and the ladies on here are great for support. Any specific questions you have feel free to ask away and we will do our best to answer :hugs:

I'm a vba3c attempt and the ladies on here are great for support. Any specific questions you have feel free to ask away and we will do our best to answer :hugs:

thanks hun, where in scotland are you?

Caleblake the yahoo email support group is fabulous, I have never met a bunch of more supportive and well informed bunch of ladies (present company excluded obviously!), you'll find some more personal support there from VBAMC ladies

If you look at the first post of this thread theres a whole buch of spoliers full of links to blogs/articles/websites with info

Theres a yahoo email group you can sig up to that is for uk VBAC/HBAC ladies and when I used it it was amazing, lots of women helping each other with info and support

Kinda off topic, but aliens have stolen my VBAC blinkie...what gives?

thanks hun, where in scotland are you?

Just moved out of Edinburgh, to Midlothian :) where you from?

Kinda off topic, but aliens have stolen my VBAC blinkie...what gives?

Ooooh me too! Strange :wacko: :shrug:

the website must be gone/down will winkle out some new ones

Hi ladies!!!
I am so upset right now. Had an ultrasound at my new docs office and found out I have placenta previa a complete placenta previa, my entire cervix is covered. I burst into tears right there, my new doc gave me a huge hug lol sweet guy!! He said I am his new favorite patient and we will be checking my placenta every 2 weeks. He said he is hoping it moves so that we can vbac, but I was told to try and prepare mentally for a repeat csection. I am just so upset and devestated. On the good note, bubs is 16 oz and perfectly healthy.

Oh sweetie, sorry to hear your news but things can change! You're only half way cooked and things can move LOADS in that time.

CBAC isnt a failure, IF placenta stays low or over your cervix then choosing a CS is the only option for you and baby...but you can do it all YOUR way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that pesky placenta moves for you!

Oh sweetie, sorry to hear your news but things can change! You're only half way cooked and things can move LOADS in that time.

CBAC isnt a failure, IF placenta stays low or over your cervix then choosing a CS is the only option for you and baby...but you can do it all YOUR way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that pesky placenta moves for you!

Thanks hun. I feel like such a failure that I can't have a normal delivery. What's wrong with me???!!! I just want to experience giving birth once. :( :(

There is nothing wrong with you at all hun (I know it doesnt feel like it), You've just had some bad luck so far, naughty baby/placenta etc.

Just remember this time you are going to explore every avenue, make fully informed decisions and what ever choice you make will be your choice based on all of the info (you better now than to do as your told) so it will be the right decision.

I had an articel ages ago about just how far a placenta can move in the last few weeks of pregnancy as the uterus stretches those last few cm. I cannot for the life of me find it again damnit.

Just have faith that things do move and they can move lots last minute.

Prepare for a CS a great one - look into natural/gentle CS and prepare for it, book it late as possible things may move and it'll be all systems go for VBAC. If it istn you'll be prepared!

Hi ladies!!!
I am so upset right now. Had an ultrasound at my new docs office and found out I have placenta previa a complete placenta previa, my entire cervix is covered. I burst into tears right there, my new doc gave me a huge hug lol sweet guy!! He said I am his new favorite patient and we will be checking my placenta every 2 weeks. He said he is hoping it moves so that we can vbac, but I was told to try and prepare mentally for a repeat csection. I am just so upset and devestated. On the good note, bubs is 16 oz and perfectly healthy.

Sorry to hear that momofone, but as chuck says as long as its necessary a cs isn't a failure, and it may well be nessecary in your case. But hopes not lost, things can change!!

But if not, there's always next time, the most important thing is a healthy mum and baby xx

Well then welcome, said the choocter to the weej :rofl:

:hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"