VBAC info/support

Some places will do light induction on a VBAC but it does increase the risks of rupture, being in the US you will have to speak with your provider and see what their policy is.

I know here in the UK that you can opt for expectant management if you go postdates where you'll be monitored daily to check the baby is ok, so heartbeat, movement, amniotic fluid and placenta function/cord blood flow - a combination of ultrasound and fetal monitoring.

Request this and see what their response is, they may be happy to, or ask if they would at least perform a sweep is you over over you dates by much.

The chances are that you wont go too far over it not being your first pregnancy. My DS1 was 10 days over so I really thought I'd go a bit over with DS2 but he arrived bang on his EDD.

Your provider may want a CS date booked befroe you get to that point but remember just because it gets booked doesnt mean you have todoit
X

Hello girls! I know it's been forever since I came on here last, but life has been a bit up and down and I'm gutted to say that we will not be trying for a baby in the next few months.
well, it is going to be 2015 at the earliest for us now as I have managed to get into University!

I'm really really happy about that and I will be training to become a midwife so will still be around all things pregnancy and baby! yey! It's an extremely competitive course to get onto and 600+ applied for 22 places and I have one of them :D

I am sad that we wont have another until our youngest is at least 7 or 8 and eldest will be 10-11 but hey I will only be 29 so not too bad and besides I will have a secure job that I love and be able to support my family better so it's all very good.

Thanks for all the brilliant information on here girls and I will be popping in and out to see how things go! Speak soon x x x

Congrats on your place - I know it's a very difficult course to get onto so well done you!!

Congrats on your place - I know it's a very difficult course to get onto so well done you!!

Thank you so much! :hugs:

How are you feeling? Do you have any news regarding your VBA3C xxx

You're welcome :)

No real update - going into L&D ward next Tuesday (the day after we move house!!) to meet with the head midwife and "discuss my birth plan" :wacko: apparently the consultant set the appointment up - but I could tell on the phone shes not too pleased with my choice so it should be fun (blah).

But apart from that, not much else is changed. Babies head down already so hopefully stays that way, but I think shes still OP so hopefully she switches round in the next wee while. Got a scan end of next month to rule out any placenta abnormalities (accreta / Praevia etc) then final meeting with the consultant in the fortnight afterwards. Which is pointless as my minds made up :)

So what Uni you get into? x

Hello girls! I know it's been forever since I came on here last, but life has been a bit up and down and I'm gutted to say that we will not be trying for a baby in the next few months.
well, it is going to be 2015 at the earliest for us now as I have managed to get into University!

I'm really really happy about that and I will be training to become a midwife so will still be around all things pregnancy and baby! yey! It's an extremely competitive course to get onto and 600+ applied for 22 places and I have one of them :D

I am sad that we wont have another until our youngest is at least 7 or 8 and eldest will be 10-11 but hey I will only be 29 so not too bad and besides I will have a secure job that I love and be able to support my family better so it's all very good.

Thanks for all the brilliant information on here girls and I will be popping in and out to see how things go! Speak soon x x x

OOOHhh hooray missus!!!!!

Well done you!

Thank you so much! :hugs:

How are you feeling? Do you have any news regarding your VBA3C xxx

You're welcome :)

No real update - going into L&D ward next Tuesday (the day after we move house!!) to meet with the head midwife and "discuss my birth plan" :wacko: apparently the consultant set the appointment up - but I could tell on the phone shes not too pleased with my choice so it should be fun (blah).

But apart from that, not much else is changed. Babies head down already so hopefully stays that way, but I think shes still OP so hopefully she switches round in the next wee while. Got a scan end of next month to rule out any placenta abnormalities (accreta / Praevia etc) then final meeting with the consultant in the fortnight afterwards. Which is pointless as my minds made up :)

So what Uni you get into? x

WOW that is a lot of stuff going on hun! :wacko:

glad everything seems great with the baby and you are doing well. Go in all guns blazing hunxx

Some places will do light induction on a VBAC but it does increase the risks of rupture, being in the US you will have to speak with your provider and see what their policy is.

I know here in the UK that you can opt for expectant management if you go postdates where you'll be monitored daily to check the baby is ok, so heartbeat, movement, amniotic fluid and placenta function/cord blood flow - a combination of ultrasound and fetal monitoring.

Request this and see what their response is, they may be happy to, or ask if they would at least perform a sweep is you over over you dates by much.

The chances are that you wont go too far over it not being your first pregnancy. My DS1 was 10 days over so I really thought I'd go a bit over with DS2 but he arrived bang on his EDD.

Your provider may want a CS date booked befroe you get to that point but remember just because it gets booked doesnt mean you have todoit
X

I was induced with DD2- I was given 1/2 the dose of PIT as someone who wasnt VBACing.

This thread is totally and utterly brilliant, thanks for all the hard work you've put into it.

As you can see I'm due in 7 days. I don't mind waiting but I'm starting to worry that I'll go so far over that they try to insist on a c-sec (my hospital don't like to induce VBACers!).

Any advice for me?

No advice, baby will come when ready unfortunately. Just make sure you're not pushed into anything you're not sure of by the hospital..... Give baby a chance to come by themselves first.

Anyway, good luck for your VBAC!! :)

Decline the c/s n opt or monitoring. They will put pressure on you but try your best to stay resolute. If baby is doing fine wait until they are ready. If they book a c/s for you call and cancel it. When you go in for monitoring take someone with you as they Will put pressure on you. Can you hire a doula?

A good walk and a screaming row with my mum got me going LOL

Good luck with everything, I'm sure things will get moving over the course of the week

X

Another lovely birth story here - post dates, HBAC of a 10lb 12oz baby!

https://mamabirth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/10lb12oz-42-weeks-3-days-hbac.html

Will put in the first post too

X

Just wanted to share a wee update after my meeting this morning with the midwife in charge of labour ward at my hospital.

Basically, they insist on continuous monitoring for the baby whilst im in labour, and I've agreed to this on the understanding that it's mobile monitoring - and they have underwater monitors so I can even get in the pool if I wish.

She was lovely and really supportive, not what I expected from her attitude on the phone - and told me she would oversee my labour if I wanted as she doesn't scare easily lol.

So I'm really positive about labouring in hospital now :)

Good stuff NN, remember that it being policy doesnt make it law!

If you fancy having a good walk go for it!

So glad its all positive, it really does help.

NN that sounds fab! She sounds quite supportive wow! Oh and sorry I did not answer you it is Swansea University xx

I got a call from my current ob/gyn office on Friday. They said that MY dr decided she didn't feel comfortable doing a vbac even after she said it was fine. Well I went and called the doula service that I have been talking too and they refered me to another doc. He is amazing! He does BREECH VAGINAL deliveries and does VBAC's no matter how many csections you have previously had. I am so glad I called the doula to get a recommendation. He's an old guy, but I'm excited to meet him on the 11th.

Fantastic Momofone!

It's not what you know but who you know it seems!

It seems everything is falling into place for us both momofone :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->