VBAC info/support

lol I've heard of places letting you labor in the OR. I wish they did that here! It would calm a lot of my nerves! I was thinking about it this evening and thought that it wouldn't make sense for them to NOT have the right staff there if I was to try a vbac. I mean, heck I had my DD at midnight last time and they had all the right staff.

I think I really should have brought my DH with me today. He wouldn't have been afraid or too stunned to ask the hard questions or be worried about making my OB feel uncomfortable lol

I guess I should have had a list of questions when I saw my OB today. I guess I was just thrown off by the risks to baby that I blanked out. So I'm hoping my doctor will have the answers I'm looking for. If not, I will see if I can get another appointment with my OB before the one scheduled for July 25th, to go over the concerns I have.

I did take my hubby with me and still felt completely overwhelmed and terrified I was making the wrong choice. I was a bit distraught and if you go back to the beginning of February you'll see some of the great advice and reassurance I was given (along with my mini-breakdown :blush:)

In a few days, once you have had the chance to think through everything, you will start thinking rationally again and not clouded by fear. And if you are like me, be really pissed at your doctor for freakin you out lol :hugs:

Lol, im starting to think a bit more clear now. I think, as much as i like my OB, im going to ask to have a consult with a different one. I want a second opinion basically. So will be asking my doctor next week for that. Im also wishing I could go right down to the hospital and ask the nurses there questions lol

I wish my city was bigger, im sure there would be more resourses for me to tap in to.

We havent decided one way or another yet. I have 3 growth scans booked. One today, and one june 25. We want to see how big this little guy will be too.

Ive also read that some women have scheduled a c-section, but not until the 41 week mark when they would have normally been induced due to being late. (We can go 10days overdue here) so if i can get my self around the fear of the rupture, i think i may do that as a last resort. Ive defibitely 100% decided against induction as it raises rupture risks. So i figure if my body doesnt want to do it on its own, and im 10 days overdue, then i'll have the section.

But Im definitely going to be wanting to speak with a different OB.

I met with the head midwife at my hospital ad would really recommend it if you are able to - midwives tend to be more pro natural than docs in my experience.

If you want a second opinion don't be afraid to ask for one :)

And I'm not sure what the deal is over there but here you can refuse the induction/csection and opt for monitoring instead if you go overdue - maybe something to look into. Not that they would dream of it it, but if they wanted to induce me I would refuse too :)

Anyway, like I said, as log as you are happy in your choice, that's all that matters :)

Midwifes are a bit different over here. Just in that access to one is different. They don't work out of the hospital. There's only nurses there. You can choose to see a midwife for your pregnancy, but for me it was not recommended due to my history. From what I've gathered, they seem to be mostly used for women who don't have any complications.

I think if I'm going to try the vbac, I will still schedule the c-section, but for 10 days past my due date, which is when they would induce a healthy women. And the OB I saw was definitely not wanting to induce me. He was pretty clear on how he felt about that and that he did not like that it made the risks of rupture more. So I don't think I'll have an issue with refusing to be induced. I will just substitute the induction with a c-section. So give my body the standard(over here) 10 days past my due date and if it hasn't done anything on it's own, then I will have the section.

This is my thinking. But first, I need to get over my fears about whether or not my hospital is set up properly in case I do have a rupture. That's the scariest part I think. Not knowing if they'd be able to get him out in time.

I read one of the links posted on here about uterine rupture and it said there's a window of about 10-37 minutes to get baby out. So I need to find out for sure how long it could take to get him out if the worst happens. That will be what makes our decision I think.

Had my growth scan this morning. He's measuring at 3lbs 7 oz. Is that big for 29 weeks? He's also breech. Which I know can change many times from now until his due date. Just explains the feet in bladder feeling, lol

"normal" is between 2lb 8 & 3lb 9 and average is 3lb 1

https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

Thanks! I'm just glad he seems to be doing well and is healthy. Really made my day!

I'm definitely less stressed about my appiontment yesterday. I know things will work out one way or the other. But I will definitely still be doing my research and questioning about the vbac. I feel like I've let it to the last minute too, lol

I had the tech do a bit more looking and what not with my c-section scar. I told her I wanted to know how it is and if things look good/bad/so-so or what, since last time it wasn't even on the report. And I told her why I wanted to know, and she totally understood where I was coming from. So that was nice!

Her story's on her journal. Baby Lilly :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/747138-maria-bobby-two-eys-journal-49.html

So I've been thinking about getting in touch with a Doula here in my town. Do ALL doula's work with women who have had previous c-sections?

They're a newer concept to me, but I'm wanting to explore all my options at this point to try and make a vbac as realistic as possible for us.

Doulas arent just for ladies who have gone through CS or trauma, a doula is a great investment for any labour!

Just seen this crop up on birth without fear...an accidental unassisted VBAC - with a T shaped scar from the previous CS

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/05/28/accidental-unassisted-vbac-after-an-inverted-t-incision/

added to top post in the spoliers

Modo's VBAC Birth

It was a natural unmedicated birth with no g&a as we barely made it to the hospital on time. I had been having some pretty intense contractions Wednesday night. I took my birth ball into the shower and stayed in there for about 40 mins which helped. Although I have a really large shower it still got cramped so I left. At about 9.30pm I got my bloody show and called my doula. She advised me to get as much rest as possible. So I slept for 1 hour at a time interrupted by contractions that I needed to squat down and breath through them when that stopped working I would stand and sway my hips. By 2.30pm could not go back to sleep so at 3am I called my doula and she arrived 20 mins later. By the then the only relief I was getting was laying on all fours on my birth ball. By 5.45am I was barely getting that. Bobby came down at 6 am and tried to tear the tens machine off and climb my back :dohh: my doula got Ben up and he called my mom. At around 6.15am I started saying I wanted to go to hospital but my doula said it was too early. It was so intense at one point as soon as a contraction would stop and I would try and get off my birth ball (my knees were killing me at this point) I would go straight into the next one. I remember being teary and thinking about how unfair that was! When my contractions slowed down I honestly welcomed the break. I then demanded we go to hospital and my birth bag got packed. Credit to my doula for packing a great bag considering we had just moved and my stuff was everywhere! My parents also arrived. It gets very confusing from there.

I proclaimed that I wanted a c-section and an epidural and at one point I stormed off to the bathroom. Come back. Start getting very painful contractions tens machine barely touched the pain but Ben's massaging my back very helpful. I feel very sad for myself as my knees hurt from the floor but everytime I get off my birth ball I get another contraction instantly. Want to give up. Then get urge to poo. Run to toilet and feel great. No poo but sheer relief. I think it can't be the baby it's too early still. So back to birth ball and at this point I Realise that I am pushing. I Feel wet I ask if my waters broke doula say not sure but it I could have peed myself. I felt really upset that I peed myself in front of my husband :haha: I worry that I will poo my self next so run back to toilet and feel great relief. Doula comes in and say we are going to hospital now as I could be having the baby! Later she tells me I was mooing in the toilet don't remember this at all!

We leave at 8.15 arrive 8.30am. Ben had put a plastic bag and pillow on the back seat. I squatted with my arms leaning on Bobby's carseat pushing for England and I don't even notice speed bumps. Arrive at 8.30am and hobble into the maternity ward baby's head partly coming out. I am ushered into triage and it's obvious that I am ready to go. Doppler used was def too late for the monitoring. The ask me to sit in a recliner to push. After only being comfortable on all fours I just outright refuse to do this. So they ask me to straddle the recliner instead. I was extremely lucky to bump into a MW from the natural birthing centre who just happened to be there with her student! They direct me with the pushing and OMG it's such sheer relief. Of course with that comes the the Ring of Fire (I remember thinking the name was most def appropriate) which was terrible :haha: I gave pushing lightly as directed a go but I just can't and have to give up. I push like I have never pushed before and out comes head. I wait and urge to push comes back and push the rest of her out.

Here are some pics:

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/d1f1954c.jpg

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/marie1579/046cd4c1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back