VBAC info/support

Thank you for sharing, it sounds like it was amazing.

I know that look modo.....there's nothing quite like that birth high.

Congrats modo!! Well done on the vbac.

Just as an update on me it's my due date today (ignore ticker)
I saw midwife this morning all is well. No signs that baby is coming yet although he is 3/5th engaged.

I have an appointment next tues when il be 41 weeks at the hospital to have a stretch and sweep and to see the on call consultant. Hopefully I will labour before then. If not I'm not sure what will happen haha

Good stuff proud mummy

Just relax all will happen when it's ready

X

Well, I've emailed 2 Doula's and neither or them are available. I have one more lady I've emailed, but I don't think there are many Doula's in my area and am worried they will all be booked up by now. Guess all I can do is keep trying!

Someone will turn up. Doulas will know other doulas.

It may be that they can put you in touch with a doula in training even.

Don't give up hope

Well I was referred to one Doula who specializes more in Vbacs and she emailed me back and is available. We're going to meet with her next week, and she has also referred me to a more vbac supportive OB in town(who is also the top OB in the area as well) So I'm going to ask for a referral to him tomorrow at my prenatal appointment. Just hoping he's not too backed up and can see me right away.

I am facing one issue here...my DH. He's not very open about the Doula. He's afraid she is going to take away from his role in things. I've tried my best to explain, but he just doesn't seem to get it. He's at least agreed to meet with her and see if we all connect. But I'm worried because sometimes, once he's decided he doesn't like something, that's that.

I'm feeling as if I really need to have a Doula present to help me through all this since she's been through it all, whereas we have not. Sigh...I'm trying not to get stressed over this all, but it's a bit hard not to.

I saw midwife this morning all is well. No signs that baby is coming yet although he is 3/5th engaged.

I have an appointment next tues when il be 41 weeks at the hospital to have a stretch and sweep and to see the on call consultant. Hopefully I will labour before then. If not I'm not sure what will happen haha

I'm in the same boat - my due date is tomorrow, but saw the midwife yesterday and she has booked me in to see consultant next Thursday, (if nothing happens by then). She said they won't do anything there and then, but to discuss the next plan of action.

Midwife thinks the baby is a little back to back at the moment - he does lay quite strange, seems to always prefer the left side of my belly, and his feet juts out the side. Anyway, hopefully he'll be in the right position when the time comes..

Let me know how you get on!

Just saw my m/w and she is totally supportive of my HBAC plans :D Coming out next week to get the paperwork started :)

I'm in the same boat - my due date is tomorrow, but saw the midwife yesterday and she has booked me in to see consultant next Thursday, (if nothing happens by then). She said they won't do anything there and then, but to discuss the next plan of action.

Midwife thinks the baby is a little back to back at the moment - he does lay quite strange, seems to always prefer the left side of my belly, and his feet juts out the side. Anyway, hopefully he'll be in the right position when the time comes..

Let me know how you get on!

Awww good luck hun hopefully things may progress for us both before then. If not I will def give u an update what happens on Tuesday. X

Well ladies, I will be leaving this thread. We've been to see our doctor today and I had asked them to get more info on my c-section scar and it's come back that it is thinner then normal by quite a bit. Which would explain some of the pains I've been experiencing. My Dh and I after much struggle have decided to have a repeat c-section. Thank you so much for all your support and I hope that everyone has the successful vbac they are wanting!

As long as you are comfortable in your choice nothing else matters.

And you don't have to leave the thread! You're still part of the gang :hugs:

As long as you are comfortable in your choice nothing else matters.

And you don't have to leave the thread! You're still part of the gang :hugs:

Thanks Nicky :hugs:

I'm more resigned then anything to be honest. I can't change how my scar healed and I can't change that it's thinner then it should be. I just need to accept it and think forward to when I get to hold my LO. That's all that really matter's in the end. So yes, of course I REALLY wanted a vbac and to experience child birth that way, but sometimes things are just out of our control I guess.

I think I will stick around. I want to see everyone get their vbacs!

Hey sweetie CBAC is a good choice if it's made for the right reason.

Thinning of scar tissue is an additional risk. You have to do what's best for all of you.

Make sure you think through what you want from this CSection.

You can plan it, you know what can happen and things you won't want this time.

Have you looked at natural or gentle cesareans?

Hey sweetie CBAC is a good choice if it's made for the right reason.

Thinning of scar tissue is an additional risk. You have to do what's best for all of you.

Make sure you think through what you want from this CSection.

You can plan it, you know what can happen and things you won't want this time.

Have you looked at natural or gentle cesareans?

Thanks, you ladies have been great support through this. Its been a horribly tough choice.

Im not sure what you mean by natural or gental cesareans? Ive never heard of those terms.

We do have a plan in place in regards to what we'd like though. Id like to hold him in the OR and try and hold off on the drops as long as possible. And a few other things in regards to not calling our family to come to the hospital until after the three of us have had a chance to spend time together. And no formula, i want to bf.

Hi Ladies! :wave:

I have just had my 12wk scan (at 13+6) and 1st visit with consultant so am now in the limbo land of deciding what to do!

My first pregnancy I ended up with an elective c-section as my little boy was breech. So good that there seems to be no medical reasons why I wouldn't be able to VBAC (which is what I am leaning towards now, mostly because of the recovery time when I will have a 2 year old and a newborn :-/)

This is a great thread with so much info, thanks to ttc_lolly who pointed me over here!

:flower: Xxx

How did they check for scar thinning? I don't think they've checked me for it....?

How did they check for scar thinning? I don't think they've checked me for it....?

Through my ultrasound. They checked my scar at the 20 week ultrasound and nothing came back on the report since it wasn't like anything was really "wrong" with the scar(not attached to anything, no separation) But since I asked them to get more info on it, they did, and it's come back that it's thinned out more then the normal. Which, can happen, but like Chuck said it can make my risks a bit higher.

I'm more at peace with the c-section decision today. It's not my first choice, but it's the best one for us based on all the info we have now. And that's okay with us.

TTCinBC it seems that we are in the same boat! I have had to come to the same difficult decision as you in the last couple of weeks and have now scheduled my c-section. At the beginning of this pregnancy I was so sure I wanted a VBAC but after hearing my particular risks and thinking about it for weeks I decided a repeat c-section was best for me. I am beginning to get very excited about it, and it sounds like you are becoming at peace with your decision too. The most important thing is to do what you think is best for your family.
Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->