VBAC info/support

Well my due date was today, but he came two hours shy of 1st June!

Literally at 4.45pm yesterday afternoon I had an immense pain and in quick succession - they weren't coming in five or three minute stages, but every, one or two minutes, literally taking my breath away, I went to the toilet and had red blood as I wiped, phoned the labour ward and they asked me to come in, we arrived at 5.30pm hitting traffic all the way there - very uncomfortable, especially over bumps!

Once we got there the midwife examined me and I was 8-9cms dilated! :wacko: I couldn't believe it, although by that time the contractions were immense and literally coming one on top of the other, the gas and air took a bit of the edge off it.

During the contractions I had a show, but no waters broke, the midwife decided to break them, but said that the fact I hadn't passed any bowel movements was stopping the baby from moving, so she gave me an enema (by this stage I didn't care what she gave me)...but even though the first stage had progressed quickly, the second stage was anything but. After an hour and a half of pushing, and I was exhausted by that stage, it was decided that I would go to theatre and try a forceps delivery and if that didn't work a c-section, but that stage I welcomed anything just to get the baby out safe and well.

I had a spinal block and when my contractions started the midwife told me to push and the doctor using the forceps managed to bring my beautiful son into this world at 10.20pm last night.

I obviously tore so have stitches, but overall so glad that it didn't go into another emergency c-section, and I got to go home early this afternoon, and I am completely exhausted after getting no sleep in the ward last night, and doubt I'll get much tonight, but I'm exhausted but elated that all went really well considering.

Good luck to you ladies going for a VBAC.:thumbup:

Huge congrats on your VBAC hun!

Well done!

Well done!

Thanks Hun! It was so great to have come onto your forum posting regarding the VBAC information, it was so beneficial throughout my pregnancy, and so glad I got to have my VBAC.

And thanks to everyone for your replies, I wish you all well and can't wait to read more success stories on your VBAC experiences.

congrats on your vbac Hun I too had my vbac the day after you!

I woke up at 1am as my waters broke, by 1.30am my contractions started. they were 3-4 mins apart and then went to 2 mins apart. dh took kids to my sisters whilst I finished off packing my bag. thought I would make it til morning but the contractions came thick and fast.
left for the hospital at 3am got there at about 3.30am. more of my waters kept coming. I got strapped to the monitor and was examined and was 7cms!! I then went onto the gas and air as the pain was immense. I asked for pethidine. when the midwife came back I was ready to push so it was too late I was gutted lol. well I started pushing and shortly after our baby boy leon was born at 5.16am. weighing 8lb 11oz.
wow was I glad I got my vbac. I soon had a bath and was up walking about and caring for our baby. the feeling of bring able to do all that and not be in pain was great x

I woke up at 1am as my waters broke, by 1.30am my contractions started. they were 3-4 mins apart and then went to 2 mins apart. dh took kids to my sisters whilst I finished off packing my bag. thought I would make it til morning but the contractions came thick and fast.
left for the hospital at 3am got there at about 3.30am. more of my waters kept coming. I got strapped to the monitor and was examined and was 7cms!! I then went onto the gas and air as the pain was immense. I asked for pethidine. when the midwife came back I was ready to push so it was too late I was gutted lol. well I started pushing and shortly after our baby boy leon was born at 5.16am. weighing 8lb 11oz.
wow was I glad I got my vbac. I soon had a bath and was up walking about and caring for our baby. the feeling of bring able to do all that and not be in pain was great x

Awww, congrats hunny on your baby boy and getting your VBAC! :happydance: It was a blessing that we both had quite quick labour's! Enjoy your new bundle of joy.

Well done!

Thanks Hun! It was so great to have come onto your forum posting regarding the VBAC information, it was so beneficial throughout my pregnancy, and so glad I got to have my VBAC.

And thanks to everyone for your replies, I wish you all well and can't wait to read more success stories on your VBAC experiences.

Huge congrats again missus....comments like this make everything I went through worth it.

Congrats HUN!

I go away for the weekend and we get babies awesome

Ladies please let me know via PM your due date and VBAC date and I'll pop you on the front page to help inspire other ladies.

Another story added to the first post
https://mamabirth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/incredible-vbac.html

trust me this one is worth it for the pictures alone.

This one had my ovaries flip and want my boys to see birth
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PkJEPCd8F8w/T7FZT3Ca0cI/AAAAAAAADTQ/ghXp3Rly6wE/s640/IMG_1975.jpg

This one had me crying at the memory of that wet screaming living person flying onto my chest
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Aj6sGs6QdO0/T7FJ8G0PvlI/AAAAAAAADSY/hyv26r04KaQ/s640/IMG_2048.jpg

...and this was pure LOLsome
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RGJTJTWDeuw/T7FqPaGXxSI/AAAAAAAADUg/D7Kqsn8zKJM/s640/IMG_2072.jpg
LOOK THERES A PEEPEE!

Congrats Proud Mummy, you ladies are giving me hope for my HBAC!

Thank you Chuck for running this thread :)

Ladies,
I have AWESOME news! So back in April I was in the hospital. I was 23 weeks having contractions, bleeding, and my placenta previa looked to have attached to my scar. Well things have been getting better slowly. I was let out of the hospital, then off bed rest. Well I saw my Dr and he has been doing regular ultrasounds. Come to find out, my placenta was not attached to my scar and it has actually started to move. It is now 2 cm away from the cervix! :happydance: They figured out the reason I keep bleeding is because Karlee is using the placenta as a soccer ball. We watched her for several minutes as she kicked away at it. Want to know the best news of all? As long as things continue to improve... I get to VBAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I am so excited!!!! I will be 30 weeks day after tomorrow. I had to share my excitement with you ladies. I'm back on the vbac train!

Ladies,
I have AWESOME news! So back in April I was in the hospital. I was 23 weeks having contractions, bleeding, and my placenta previa looked to have attached to my scar. Well things have been getting better slowly. I was let out of the hospital, then off bed rest. Well I saw my Dr and he has been doing regular ultrasounds. Come to find out, my placenta was not attached to my scar and it has actually started to move. It is now 2 cm away from the cervix! :happydance: They figured out the reason I keep bleeding is because Karlee is using the placenta as a soccer ball. We watched her for several minutes as she kicked away at it. Want to know the best news of all? As long as things continue to improve... I get to VBAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : happydance: :happydance: :happydance: I am so excited!!!! I will be 30 weeks day after tomorrow. I had to share my excitement with you ladies. I'm back on the vbac train!

Fantastic news!!!!!

Congrats Proud Mummy, you ladies are giving me hope for my HBAC!

Thank you Chuck for running this thread :)

:blush:

Ladies,

:happydance::happydance:
AMAZING NEWS!

Oh AND NICKYNACKYNOOOOOO....how are things going?

I'm getting all antsy and excited as your EDD draws close!!!

Oh AND NICKYNACKYNOOOOOO....how are things going?

I'm getting all antsy and excited as your EDD draws close!!!

Thought perhaps last night was gonna be the night but no such luck. Waiting, waiting, waiting now.... Bored of waiting already lol.

Last appointment at 36+5 she was 1/5th engaged, head down, and facing the right way - good girl. Also measuring 3 weeks over (with low fluid so not that!) Next appointment is a week on Wednesday @ 39+5 where I'll be getting my sweep (as long as consultant agrees this week) - irons back up to a good level, no bp/urine/swelling issues....everything's going really well :)

I'm feeling really positive, and impatient lol. Just want smooshes and cuddles now!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"