• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

VBAC info/support

Hey all, I am happy to announce the arrival of Ethan Matthias-July 1st sharing his birthday with his Dad... I got my VBAC! The first contraction was around 2.30pm and I got to hospital about 5pm and was already 5cm dialated. I had the gas and an episiotomy and he came out at 10.12pm.
My only big problem came after the birth when I came to deliver the placenta. It would not budge! So I had to have surgery! I was so devastated but it wasn't long before I was back with my son. I lost a lot of blood and had to have 2 transfusions then a dose of antibiotics (48 hrs) for me and Ethan as I had developed a temperature. I am still on antibiotics and some pain killers but enjoying having Ethan in our lives. My student midwife was so happy as she got to catch the baby and put him on my belly :) It was her first ever baby catch so exciting for her.
DH got to cut the cord and witness a real birth experience instead of half my body being behind a giant curtain...he was thrilled that it didn't take as long as with our DD and is smitten with his new son.:happydance:

Congratulations! He's a cutie.

Thank you everyone. So happy I stood my ground and insisted on induction before c section. My oh, mum, consultants etc were all against it, but they couldn't refuse. We had some help with forceps, but little Jessica made a very quick and dramatic arrival! I almost didn't get my vbac though. They were prepping me for surgery, and the anaesthetist was on his way, when they decided to do a quick internal check. I'd gone from 'almost' 1cm to 10cm in under 2 hours, her head was there and I was starting to push! Too late for an emergency c section!! I still feel I made the right choice, even with how scary things got. Jessica was born at 7.06am last Monday, we were kept in until 8.30pm Friday. Originally for my blood pressure, then Jessica developed jaundice and needed phototherapy treatment. We're now all home and love being a family. She's beautiful and I spend most my day just watching her!!

Omi, that sounds terrible, glad to hear you're both safe though xx

Congratulations!!

I haven't wrote on here for a while but I didn't get my VBAC. :nope: my uterus scar ruptured, teared down my vagina and bladder too so DS2 was very lucky to make it. I'm disappointed but mostly just happy that we are both okay.

Oh my goodness. So glad you and the baby are okay. How are you doing?

I'm so angry. I only found out last night before I left, that my hospital runs a vbac clinic and support group, that I should of been referred too from the very start. I've said I want a vbac from day 1!! The next clinic isn't till Wednesday evening, section booked for Wednesday morning :( I really don't want one and just feel like I'm being ganged up on by everyone. My oh and my mum are both being so unsupportive and just keep saying c section is safest option. I saw one student midwife yesterday that told me to be strong and say no if I want to, that she had to during her birth a lot about intervention. Then, once the head midwife came in with he to run some checks they were both saying how they wouldn't disagree with a consultants opinion. A c section is easier for a consultant though. Are there more risks being induced with pre e/high blood pressure? That's what I'm now being told, but I thought women were induced because of pre e all the time?? Just wish I had some support from my oh, but he really doesn't get why it's so important to me. They just keep saying I'm high risk because we've had a neonatal loss (that wasn't associated to the birth!), because I've never had a vaginal delivery (didn't have a choice), because my c section was only 15 months ago (they gave me the all clear to try again and approved vbac until Friday) and because of the high blood pressure.

I asked for the vbac success rate at my hospital, they couldn't tell me. Not could they tell me how many women tried, but needed emcs. They just keep saying they'll support a mothers choice, BUT a c section would be best. How is that supporting me?

Am I right in thinking the increase risk of scar rupture through induction is 0.52%? I don't want to lose my chance to birth my baby because of scaremongering. Of course they're not going to admit its easier for their schedule, but they already told me they wouldn't book a vbac induction this week because of the ward closures!! If they were happy to do it the week after, surely the risks don't change? Just so confused and feeling bullied into surgery I don't want and might not need?? xx

Lexi-- Just checking in on you :hugs:

Lexi got her VBAC :happydance: and has a beautiful little baby girl as well :happydance:

Glad it worked out for you despite all the pressure to have a cs :hugs:

Congrats Libbysmum!! Same thing happened to me. Hope you're recovering well. xx

I got my VBAC on 7/28/13 @12:07am
my little girl was 7lb11oz and 19 3/4 in long after 8ish hours of "active" labor with almost 3 hours of pushing. I arrived at the hospital fully dialated with a small lip on my cervix. Ruby was born with her hand on her face and I had a small tear requiring 2-3 stitches

I got my VBAC on 7/28/13 @12:07am
my little girl was 7lb11oz and 19 3/4 in long after 8ish hours of "active" labor with almost 3 hours of pushing. I arrived at the hospital fully dialated with a small lip on my cervix. Ruby was born with her hand on her face and I had a small tear requiring 2-3 stitches

Yay! Congratulations!!

Yay on the vbac Miss Fox...so happy for you...Rosie must be over the moon with her new little sister. How lovely to have such gorgeous girls! Our Ethan is 4 weeks old and I am only JUST starting to feel normal. He is feeding better now but still has some latching issues. I hope he learns how to grip it nicely before too much longer...ouch!
Finally off the antibiotics and trying to not 'over do things'
We have our wedding anniversary tomorrow! I really was hoping to express some milk so my mum can feed to him while we go out.

i got my vbac on 7/28/13 @12:07am
my little girl was 7lb11oz and 19 3/4 in long after 8ish hours of "active" labor with almost 3 hours of pushing. I arrived at the hospital fully dialated with a small lip on my cervix. Ruby was born with her hand on her face and i had a small tear requiring 2-3 stitches

congratulations!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Good luck Miss Fox!!

That is great Jaycrew!

THank you! I am excited beyond words!!!! Just want to get mybody ready - working out eating right etc. Im going back to school so i know it will be a little rough but - Im up for the challenge

Huge congrats Missfox :happydance::happydance: so happy it all went well enjoy your little one now

Hi Ladies - I'm in need of help!

I'm currently 35+4 and I've got a meeting with the consultant on Wednesday (at 36 weeks) to discuss my labour.

I've been advised by my midwife to write a birth plan to show the consultant but I'm not really sure where to start. I did ask for help in the natural birthing forum but nobody has replied. :nope:

The things I know are:

*I would like a water birth in the midwife led unit but I know I'll be told no - so I'm happy to opt for a water birth in the hospital.

*I would like a full delivery in a birthing pool but I would be willing to just labour in the pool and get out to deliver if needs be.

*I don't want to be strapped to a bed on my back - I want to be able to move around as much as I want. I do NOT want my legs strapped in stirrups. (Very traumatic first birth with DD resulting in EMCS). :cry:

*I want baby to come straight to me once delivered (unless complications).

*Baby is not to be offered formula at any point and is to be breastfed on demand.

That's all I can think of for now but how do I get my wants across?? I just want a positive birth this time - too much to ask?! :shrug::wacko::nope:

Hi Ladies - I'm in need of help!

I'm currently 35+4 and I've got a meeting with the consultant on Wednesday (at 36 weeks) to discuss my labour.

I've been advised by my midwife to write a birth plan to show the consultant but I'm not really sure where to start. I did ask for help in the natural birthing forum but nobody has replied. :nope:

The things I know are:

*I would like a water birth in the midwife led unit but I know I'll be told no - so I'm happy to opt for a water birth in the hospital.

*I would like a full delivery in a birthing pool but I would be willing to just labour in the pool and get out to deliver if needs be.

*I don't want to be strapped to a bed on my back - I want to be able to move around as much as I want. I do NOT want my legs strapped in stirrups. (Very traumatic first birth with DD resulting in EMCS). :cry:

*I want baby to come straight to me once delivered (unless complications).

*Baby is not to be offered formula at any point and is to be breastfed on demand.

That's all I can think of for now but how do I get my wants across?? I just want a positive birth this time - too much to ask?! :shrug::wacko::nope:

sounds like you have a lot covered about what you want, I wrote mine in point format somethings I was flexiable with but other things I was not :hugs:

I would write you want to find a comfortable position to labour and deliver in, including the point on no stirups :dohh: which would mean your doing more work pushing baby uphill.

be strong and positive and most of all believe in your self know what points your not willing to budge on and the ones your not to hung up on and go from there.

most of all good luck :hugs:

I have put forward my case to the head mw and they have agreed to let me labour and deliver in the mw led unit, in a birth pool, with no cannula unless necessary, no time limits and intermittent hand held under water monitors!
I will be able to go overdue and placenta will be monitored rather than rushing to a section.
They agreed to all my wishes! So pleased x

Cosmicgirl - This is the VBAC I want!!!

So far I've been told all along I can't go in the MW led unit and I've had contradicting information on if I'd be allowed in the pool. :wacko::shrug:

How did you put your case across, did you do a birth plan etc?

I posted a long time ago about hoping for one but now I actually have to prepare for one! Due April 2014 and SO anxiously hoping for a VBAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->