vegetarian dilemma lol

marley2580

Reaction score
So it's going to be a wee while before I even think about ttc baby No3, BUT we currently have 2 girls and I know my OH would love for the next one to be a boy. Now I've read that vegetarians are statistically more likely to have girls (https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/869696.stm), so closer to the time should I start eating meat again? What do you think?:shrug:

I haven't read that research. Do you think vegetarians have less testosterone whizzing round their bodies? I read some research that showed you were more likely to have a boy if you were a more assertive type. Perhaps you try being a stroppy mare for a bit and see if that helps :haha:

It depends on your ethics of meat eating I suppose :shrug: I never have and never will eat meat and if my OH ever used that in debate for having a *possible* higher chance of a boy I would tell him where to go :p I deffinatly wouldn't start eating just in the hope it might concieve a boy. Like I said it depends how you feel personally about it xxx

I think the theory is that female babies are a safer bet (evolutionary wise) in times of famine.

I've been veggie for about 20 years now (turning 30 this year eek!), but it's less to do with not being willing to eat animals and more to do with me not being willing to kill them myself so not feeling comfortable having someone else do it for me iykwim. I also think some of it is sheer habit. I buy and cook meat for the rest of the family, but seem to have a problem eating it myself. I also think some of it is that because I've done it for so long, it's almost like failing or giving up. It's strange.

I definately wouldn't but I guess its personal choice....

P.S I'm a veggie with a boy so I say statistics shmatistics :rofl: xxx

I'm vegetarian and I'm having a boy so you never know :flower: xx

Lol, maybe I'll just tell OH that he needs to change his diet if he wants a boy!

havent heard that, i cant even see how something like that could be causal?? :shrug:
ive been veggie forever :haha: and i have a boy!
i'd take it with a pinch of salt if i were you (or maybe some nice potato wedges sprinkled with salt :haha:)

i alway thought it was the man that determined the gender anyway :shrug:

I've not heard that, sounds interesting though.

I wouldn't eat meat to get a boy, wouldn't eat it for anything. But, if you want to try it, go for it and you never know, it might even work. :)

I wouldn't - the thought of eating meat makes me feel sick... no chance of conception occuring at all if I'm sitting with my head down the loo!!!

ur more likely to have a boy statistically if you eat more fibre too....thats why women who eat cereal every morning have more boys (the newspaper told me so)

maybe stick to no meat but eat more cerial lol

I wouldn't say that the evidence was strong enough to start eating meat tbh, but each to their own. It was an accidental finding too, so unlikely to have been any controls for other factors which might affect sex of the baby.

The research was dismissed by Catherine Collins, of the British Dietetic Association, as a "statistical fluke".

Catherine Collins dismissed the findings

She said: "It is actually the male's contribution that determines the sex of the baby.

"It would have been more interesting to look at what the men were eating, rather than what the women were eating."

I wouldn't say that the evidence was strong enough to start eating meat tbh, but each to their own. It was an accidental finding too, so unlikely to have been any controls for other factors which might affect sex of the baby.

The research was dismissed by Catherine Collins, of the British Dietetic Association, as a "statistical fluke".

Catherine Collins dismissed the findings

She said: "It is actually the male's contribution that determines the sex of the baby.

"It would have been more interesting to look at what the men were eating, rather than what the women were eating."

hehe so we can all become feeders!

My dh eats his and my share of meat despite my best efforts and i have two girls :lol: (concieved before I went meat free)

I decided to become a veggie at the age or 3 (and no, my parents are not) although it was a few years later that I actually was a strict veggie since as a 3 year old I did not read labels and the idea of eating meat is just a massive no for me, I don't even see it as food. So I defiantly would not eat it for any reason, personally that is.

What I can say is that both me and my husband are veggie and expecting a boy! :thumbup:

I believe the idea of eating meat being linked to having boys is because despite the way genetics is taught at school - XY & XX etc.. some current research suggests that this isn't entirely the case, and that the embryo doesn't have a sex from the onset and therefore a sex can be determined by external factors.

To have a boy it is suggested that you need to increase the amount of testosterone, and one way this can be done is by eating meat - which often has increased testosterone to make the animals fatter and ready quicker for slaughter. (however they are often also pumped full of progesteron and oestrogen).

Anyhows... I am veggie and although my OH eats eat he does so very rarely and we had a little boy!

I think that until further research is done in to this matter it is all down to chance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->