Very high HCG??? When did you find out youre having twins??

hilz_85

Reaction score
Okay, so i got preggers my first cycle off the pill. I go in for a very early ultrasound
due to bleeding and they find one sac, dated 5 weeks 4 days. This makes NO SENSE bc i would have conceived in the middle of my withdrawl bleed. I follow up with my ob
And get another scan, dates 6 weeks 1 day. One heartbeat. Th edoc talked to us before the scan and fully expected to see two due to my already growing belly and very high hcg levels. What are the chances they missed twin? From what ive read, heartbeats show up at 6 werks. If the second baby is afew days behind, we wouldnt have seen it yet. Right? Im reading all these stories about twins not showing up on the first scan. Everuone keeps telling me theyre having all these dreams about twins. Gah. Lol

If there were two you'd see a 2nd sac. If identical you'd see a fetal pole. I'm saying just one

both of my pregnancies i had skyrocketing hcg. early US to detect twins showed just one baby. thats just the way my body and hormones react when i get preggo.... some women just get really high hcg. are they having you back or another one if you still feel you may have twins?

Yes, they scheduled me to come back tomorrow. All these missed twin stories have me scared! Lol

both of my pregnancies i had skyrocketing hcg. early US to detect twins showed just one baby. thats just the way my body and hormones react when i get preggo.... some women just get really high hcg. are they having you back or another one if you still feel you may have twins?

Yes! With my son, my HCG was extremely high too. It was more than tripling every 2 days. But I just had one baby.

I had a scan at 9 weeks and clearly two sacs and two babies with 2 heartbeats were seen - i think the likely hood is that it's just one strong healthy bean in there, if they were concerned about the levels being high prior to the scan they would have been on the look out for two. Not saying missed twins doesn't happen, but it's unusual with the equipment available these days. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->