Very quiet bean today should I call the midwife??

my baby did this monday. Very weak movements. But tuesday he was a maniac. i think, just like us, they have lazy days.

As for the 10 movements thing. There is a sticky thread at the top that sums it up. If it is out of the ordinary for what your baby usually does, then it is worth looking into. Mine may do 10 a day, may not, but I just know his patterns and tbh soem babies move more when we sleep so the 10 a day isnt commonly practised anymore due to worrying women

Oh and just to say that I have heard that the 10 movement a day thing never applied till after 28-30 weeks, before that they can still manage to find room to move without bumping you

This bean is at least a 20 a day movement baby, get manic moments when it just keeps going and going. Hubby thinks it might have worn itself out! Fingers crossed its just tired today.

Thanks again everyone! Friendly lot you 3rd tri folks :)

I reckon baby having a lazy day :)

Any more concern though you should ring your MW/hospital. They won't mind popping you on a monitor for a little while. As the MW said to me "you know your baby better than anyone else, you are with it 24/7" :hugs: xx

suzanne - and what a nice feeling to be with them 24/7 don't know if I will ever get used to leaving the poor thing!!

Thanks again, you are all a great support. I think I will see how things are tonight and if things are quiet I will call MW tomorrow just to put my mind at rest and daddy's he is texting every hour for an update.

Just to let you know, I went in for monitoring when I was 27+4 because I was worried and they were great about it so if you're still worried don't hesitate to go in.

I have noticed though that around 27 weeks LO went from proper big kicks to wriggles and pokes, I think he's too squished in there now to do the huge movements he used to xx

Thanks Katy - make you feel better just knowing your not the only one.

I had a real stroke of luck last night, I popped over to my brothers and his mother in law was there who is a midwife and happened to have a doppler with her. She had a good feel and then listened to little beans heart (so nice to hear and daddy got to hear it for the first time) she said it was asleep and then suddenly it realsied it was being listen to and promptly kicked the doppler off just like it does at every midwife appointment. Bean is just fine, she said she thinks its having a growing spirt and that can make them tired. It fits with me having lots of stretching and a sore tummy.

Thanks girls for all your support, I really paniced yesteday till I spoke to you all. She suggested as I had less than 10 movements yesterday I should report it to my midwife anyway just so she knows.

xx :)

Hey my midwife told me to look for minimum of ten movements over 24 hours. hope this helps

xxx

Actually it is "10 movements in an hour" (during their active periods).

Doesn't need to be 10 movements EVERY hour - since sometimes the baby is asleep for all/most of an hour and you don't feel him move at all...

QT

Oh right sorry i Was told by my midwife over 24 hours

xx

Hey, glad to hear all is well, I've heard of a load of people who's babies quieten down for a few days around 28 weeks, it before their massive growth spurt, maybe they need the rest ! :)

hi forgot to say mw told me to have a cold drink or something sugary if i was concerned as that usually gets them going, if your still worried after that to ring in. My lo seems to have days quieter than others some days i swear she never stops and some days shes quiet all night then starts her carry on at night time when im trying to sleep :rofl:

xx

ooops just noticed your update glad all is well

xxx

Alibaba24 - great to have all the advise tho for next time and I'm sure there will be a next time!! Tehe

Movements are very different today, more rolling and poking and prodding rather than the sharp kicks. loving it, god I love being pregnant. :)

Thanks again everyone what a great bunch you all are.

Hey my midwife told me to look for minimum of ten movements over 24 hours. hope this helps

xxx

Actually it is "10 movements in an hour" (during their active periods).

Doesn't need to be 10 movements EVERY hour - since sometimes the baby is asleep for all/most of an hour and you don't feel him move at all...

QT

TBH i had been told 10 kicks/movements in 24 hours not every hour.

xxx

i was told the same 10 movements in 24hrs after 28wks. I even clairified further and asked what if I got 3 kicks in a row - she said that counts as 3 not 1 period of movement.

If you are worried call. I did the same last week as I had reduced movement and swelling - my dr was peeved I bothered her but I felt better having been checked although I have swicthed drs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->