Very Swollen`

AubreyK80

Mom to David
Reaction score
Anyone else have very swollen ankles and feet ??

Just need to hear from some of you ladies I'm not the only one ......I dont think i have preeclampsia because my Dr has never mentioned it, and my blood pressure is always normal and so is my urine when they last tested me and i dont have blurry vision ..... Having swollen feet and ankles is so uncomfortable:cry:, My mom mentioned it could be from salt, but i dont add salt to anything i eat, Im sure salt is in some foods i eat, So anyway Thanks as always ladies :)

Hope everyone is feeling good
Sending hugs to all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I had very bad swollen feet about a month or so ago but liek you urine fine and no signs of pre-eclampsia - think that was a partucularly one off for me. I do get mild swollen ankles but I sleep with my feet raised and they are fine by morning.

Just one of those joys of pregnancy things we have to endure :hug:

AubreyK80, i've had swollen feet for weeks now. i simply elevate my feet when i can, drink loads of water and try to keep them cool. (mine hurts a bit, too.)

When did you last have your blood pressure checked? Maybe its worth visiting the doc/midwife tomorro to get it checked. I was pretty much fine throughout my pregnancy and at 38 weeks had pre eclampsia and had baby there and then...scarey but he was born just fine :) I had no other side affects i didnt feel poorly within myself, just high bp and protein plus really swollen everywhere. Please get it checked if your at all worried. :hugs: xxx

I had my last Dr's appointment on Friday and he checked my Blood pressure and urine and he said it was totally normal ...... Im not use to seeing my feet and ankles so swollen :cry: ........Could it be Water rentention you think ????

Thank you ladies for the responses .

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Aubrey

sounds like it.. the water rentention I mean.. but like they suggested above, drink plenty of water, keep your feet elevated.. usually try to have it elevated above your heart when lying down..you are not drinking soda are u? Tisk tisk if u r.. nah lol i have until now.. shame on me i know lol.. well hope it all works out for u.. call ur doc women.

sounds like it.. the water rentention I mean.. but like they suggested above, drink plenty of water, keep your feet elevated.. usually try to have it elevated above your heart when lying down..you are not drinking soda are u? Tisk tisk if u r.. nah lol i have until now.. shame on me i know lol.. well hope it all works out for u.. call ur doc women.

thanks for your advice hun . I try and drink alot of water everyday . As far as soda i actually only drink a sprite once in awhile because its caffine free, I have tried to stay away from soda, I do drink juice once in awhile and lots of milk everyday .... I do miss soda lol . I also drink Decaf coffee a few times a week, But my usual drink is water & milk .....Thanks again for your response

Huggsss :)

:hugs::hugs:

ahh ur welcome sweety.. also when i got a question... I have an obcession with google lol.. i learned sodium when prego.. is bad bad bad... oh poo.. everything i luv has sodium. :( lol

I think some swelling has hit me too in the last week.

ahh ur welcome sweety.. also when i got a question... I have an obcession with google lol.. i learned sodium when prego.. is bad bad bad... oh poo.. everything i luv has sodium. :( lol

Oh hun Google is my best friend .......:rofl::rofl: But there are times i start reading google and i start freaking myself out and get scared ..........and there is alot i eat also that has sodium in it too ............:hissy: LOL

Thanks again :)

:hug::hug::hug:

oh yea.. googling can sometimes scare ya.. but i learned not to believe everything.. cause nothing is fact.. well in my opinion.. cause everyone is different. Ya know what I mean? Alot of people disagree.. but I have just learned that on my own.. but googling does help me alot and educates me.... crap i am addicted to this darn laptop.. which is good for online classes lol. Oh and ur welcome.

oh yea.. googling can sometimes scare ya.. but i learned not to believe everything.. cause nothing is fact.. well in my opinion.. cause everyone is different. Ya know what I mean? Alot of people disagree.. but I have just learned that on my own.. but googling does help me alot and educates me.... crap i am addicted to this darn laptop.. which is good for online classes lol. Oh and ur welcome.

LOL i totally agree with you hun about google ..... and im addicted to the laptop too ......:) :)

:hug::hug::hug:

I have found that if I walk around a lot my feet/ankles get swollen. I have also noticed that my hands are swollen today as well.
Read that this is completely normal. And with the heat of today its no wonder I was swollen.
I just keep my legs elevated as much as possible, do not wear anything that cuts off the circulation to my feet, and drink plenty of clear fluids.

Good luck hun.

ahh ravelyn.. i never thought about heat lol.. it gets up to 130 here on bad summers.. we already hit 103.. eek.. good thing i am due end of june and not in august cause it is hotter here in august. NO going out this summer :(

i have too and my ankles look like they belong to an old lady!

I have CANKLES too!! My BP has always been fine too so I guess it's just one of the 'minor' pregnancy irritations we get - must have been a man that named them 'minor' pregnancy irritations :rofl:

i'm also suffering swollen feet and ankles! could not get any of my shoes on yesterday and was off to a wedding reception!

already have swollen fingers and have not worn my rings for a couple of weeks. BP is always fine so putting it down to the heat!

Hope your swollen feet go down/get better soon Aubrey :hug:

I've had it a couple of times, but usually when I've been standing/walking around a lot

Take care
Ang x

I had bad swollen feet/ankles too, but mine turned out to be pre-eclampsia... one of the things the dr. did to see if it was bad vs. normal swelling is push in on the swelling, because mine stayed pushed (like pushing on playdough) he said it was bad. i also had high BP and proteins in my urine. I have been keeping my feet up and on bedrest, and my feet aren't as swollen at all, but my face and hands on the other hand are more swollen lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->