Very Swollen`

I too have the swollen feet and ankles! I have to lie on the floor with feet up on the settee and it does go down. It is called Odema and next time you are at your midwife let them know and they will mark it on your notes.

From what I have read if it is pre-eclampsia it is normally in your hands and face too and even if your feet are elevated it won't go down xx

I get swollen ankles, but I think it has to do with the phlebitis I developed in my 13th week. With all the broken blood vessels in my one foot, it looks like I have "eggplant-itis" in my foot!
I don't have high BP or anything else.

Anyone else have very swollen ankles and feet ??

Just need to hear from some of you ladies I'm not the only one ......I dont think i have preeclampsia because my Dr has never mentioned it, and my blood pressure is always normal and so is my urine when they last tested me and i dont have blurry vision ..... Having swollen feet and ankles is so uncomfortable:cry:, My mom mentioned it could be from salt, but i dont add salt to anything i eat, Im sure salt is in some foods i eat, So anyway Thanks as always ladies :)

Hope everyone is feeling good
Sending hugs to all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

If it's not pree....Just drink more and eat less sodium foods hun. Like Can foods etc... Should help. Keep your feet elevated as well.

I have found that if I walk around a lot my feet/ankles get swollen. I have also noticed that my hands are swollen today as well.
Read that this is completely normal. And with the heat of today its no wonder I was swollen.
I just keep my legs elevated as much as possible, do not wear anything that cuts off the circulation to my feet, and drink plenty of clear fluids.

Good luck hun.

I dont know how i missed that it could be the heat as well ..... LOL i live in Florida and its always HOT here ....:rofl:

thanks hun :)
:hug:

Hey hun,
Ive been getting the swollen hands and sometimes my feet. Mostly my hands and fingers though. I noticed last Friday when I walked my neighbors dog for her, it was soooo hot outside and I was only outside for a few minutes and my hands started swelling up like crazy!!!!! Its just nuts!!! hahahah
Try elevating your feet or putting them in some cool water, or ice them while elevated. typically heat causes things to swell and cold causes them to condense, like takes the swelling away. Hopefully something helps for you. HUGS HUN!!!!!

Hey hun,
Ive been getting the swollen hands and sometimes my feet. Mostly my hands and fingers though. I noticed last Friday when I walked my neighbors dog for her, it was soooo hot outside and I was only outside for a few minutes and my hands started swelling up like crazy!!!!! Its just nuts!!! hahahah
Try elevating your feet or putting them in some cool water, or ice them while elevated. typically heat causes things to swell and cold causes them to condense, like takes the swelling away. Hopefully something helps for you. HUGS HUN!!!!!

Thanks hun :)

Hugsssss :)

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I had bad swollen feet/ankles too, but mine turned out to be pre-eclampsia... one of the things the dr. did to see if it was bad vs. normal swelling is push in on the swelling, because mine stayed pushed (like pushing on playdough) he said it was bad. i also had high BP and proteins in my urine. I have been keeping my feet up and on bedrest, and my feet aren't as swollen at all, but my face and hands on the other hand are more swollen lol...

Hmmm...
I just pushed on my exceptionally swollen ankles/feet and the swelling stayed in... I know that the last few checkups there was mild protein in my urine, but blood pressure has been steady and normal. My last checkup, last Tuesday, my urine had more protein than previous checkups and it was sent away, but I have not heard from the doctor, so did not think anything was wrong. My next checkup is Tuesday and will have to mention to doctor. Or I'll just phone tomorrow and find out if they go the results back from my urinalysis.

My hands/face are not swollen ... and I have not been on my feet the majority of the day, but they are very swollen. Hmmm... something to definitely look into.

Mine only became noticeable in the past week or so. I totally have cankles. It's weird though, my left foot is worse than my right?? Anyone else uneven?? And my poor little pinky toes, you can barely see them they're so swollen. Like little sausages. LOL
But seriously though. My urine has been fine. My BP has been slightly high but she said they would just keep an eye on it. It's just scary with the diabetes I know you're at a higher risk of preeclampsia and stuff. Knowing that, it kind of freaked me out to see my feet look so foreign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->