Vestibulitis -any sufferers here?

Catastrophe

WTT -hoping to TTC ~4yrs
Reaction score
Hi, Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but here goes...

I was just wondering if anyone here has been diagnosed with vestibulitis/vestibulodynia?

For those of you that are curious it is a condition that affects the nerves in the genitals. The bottom-line is that it can either cause pain/discomfort all the time or just when the area is touched. They don't know what causes it and the health professionals can only offer treatments to handle the symptoms. Current treatments include tricyclic antidepressants or topical treatments such as lidocaine ointment to numb the affected area.
The medical profession is not really sure how common the condition is as often people don't seek help.

I was diagnosed just over a year ago but have probably had it a lot longer.

Anyway if you thought having to use condoms detracted from spontaneity then try having to put on ointment then wait 10mins :blush:

It also means I can only manage sex about once a week at most so will have to be very strategic when I get to ttc!

Ok so sorry if any of that was TMI!

Cat

Hello there, I was diagnosed with Vestibulis last week, so am doing a look for what the web has to say about it. I've been given lots of creams and am doing the Lidocaine at night thing. Which stings a lot - is that usual? From what I've read there doesn't seem to be much that can be done about the condition. Keep moisturised, get the area in good condition using creams. My local GU Dept at the hospital were really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->