Vital Vitamins & Supplements advice!

Poppet2016

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I got my BFP yesterday. According to Clearblue digital I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant and according to online calculators I am just over 4 weeks.

Whilst TTC I was taking pregnacare conception.

Just finished my pack and wanted to know what you would reccomend?

I have a doc appointment tomorrow but just want to get some more info :0)

Thank you all xxxx

I take prenatal vitamins with folate and iron, and my Dr. recommended that I take DHA as well. I'm in my 2nd trimester, so I've started drinking nettle tea to help keep my Iron levels up. I will start taking red raspberry leaf capsules when I get to 28 weeks to help tone the uterus. Check out Susan Weed's Herbals for the childbearing year.

I take a prenatal high in iron (i get deficient during pregnancy) with DHA

Just in case you don't know, you're technically 4 weeks+. The clearblue just goes by since ovulation day but lmp is the correct one :)

A prenatal with DHA is definitely recommended. I'm personally taking Centrum+DHA but unfortunately had to stop taking the DHA pill due to bad ms. I'll be taking it again once it eases down though since it's recommended for brain development.

I'm taking 'platinum easymulti prenatal' with dha. This pregnancy I seem to be able to take a prenatal without nausea. I had to stop a few weeks in first trimester due to ms. Only took folic acid then. Now I'm okay again.
Previous pregnancy I wasn't able to take any prenatal as something upset me terribly. I took dha in fish oil & natural iron (liquid) because I was low in iron and could not stomach pill supplements. No other supplements.

Each pregnancy is different. You will have to see what works fr you.

I've been taking Garden of Life Raw Prenatal because loads of other women seemed to be using it. My doctor's nurse also recommended DHA and a calcium supplement, so I've started those as well.

My doctor gave me a few samples of the Concept DHA prenatal, but I think the combo I've got works better for me.

Thanks ladies.

I was at the docs today and she mentioned to take pregnacare original. So will get through this box and see how it goes.
I shall look into DHA
Tbis is all very new to me so a little overwhelmed by what I need to take and do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->