Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi ladies, I have been reading this thread after charting and realizing I have a luetal phase of about 7-8 days. I started with B6 and B12 and my luteal phase extended to 10 days, I thought all was fixed. This cycle I tried B50 complex, thinking it would do the same if not better, my luteal phase is now back to 7 days as I started spotting today. I really don't want to try the progesterone cream, but am at a loss for what to do now. Anyone with any ideas?

Maybe go back to what ever dosage you were taking before the b50. A lot of girsl have said some dosages have been rubbish and others really good!

Yes, maybe I will try that. I am keeping my fingers crossed for simple implantation spotting but cautiously optimistic. I will try my old dosage if the :witch: turns up full force. Thank you for answering my question :)

Hi, hope you don't mind me popping in!
The advice I've read on here has to be the best I've found.
I'm ttc no.2 and after charting my cycles realise I have a very regular LP of 11 days so have decided to start taking B50 as well as pregnacare after reading all the fab advice to see if I can extend that a bit. I'm on day 2 of taking it and have had really thumping headaches since. Is it a coincidence or could it be B50?
Thanks

I've had a bad reaction when taking B complex after ov, such as headaches, etc. Try taking a different dosage or just try to weather it out and see if it goes away. Good luck!

Hi, hope you don't mind me popping in!
The advice I've read on here has to be the best I've found.
I'm ttc no.2 and after charting my cycles realise I have a very regular LP of 11 days so have decided to start taking B50 as well as pregnacare after reading all the fab advice to see if I can extend that a bit. I'm on day 2 of taking it and have had really thumping headaches since. Is it a coincidence or could it be B50?
Thanks

Hmm, I'd say coincidence, but stop taking it for two days, then take it the following two days. If they stop when you are not taking it and start when you are, it might be linked in some way.

Where did you get your bottle by the way? The very first bottle of B-50s I got from Target were actually defective. Caused me to have horrid dizzy spells and feel like I was always sleepy! I actually had bought two bottles at the time so started testing them by taking one bottle for a few days and the other for the next few. It was def the pills in that one bottle and I promptly threw them away.

Good luck and I hope it clears up.

Hi ladies, I have been reading this thread after charting and realizing I have a luetal phase of about 7-8 days. I started with B6 and B12 and my luteal phase extended to 10 days, I thought all was fixed. This cycle I tried B50 complex, thinking it would do the same if not better, my luteal phase is now back to 7 days as I started spotting today. I really don't want to try the progesterone cream, but am at a loss for what to do now. Anyone with any ideas?

Yup, go back to the same dosage. Do you know what it was? How much b6 and b12? You might need a stronger complex. But if it was working for you the way it was and you were happy, I'd continue. Are you looking to lengthen it more?

Vestirse, Thank you for answering my post. I was hoping that you would. It was 50 mcgs of B6&12, but I took two so in total it was 100 mcgs (i think it's mcgs) The B50 complex I took the same dose but I think the other B's threw everything for a loop. I would like to lengthen my LP to at least 10 days, which I thought I had until today at 8DPO when the spotting started. The spotting did stop for a while today, now has returned. Feels like the :witch: could show at any minute but my fingers are still crossed for implantation spotting. Congrats on your BFP!!!

Thanks! I hope this is it for you too then! Please let us know :)

Thanks V, I hadn't even considered it might be the actual pills that gave me side effects. You really gave me something to think about. Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Try another bottle!

Thanks for all the advice. Yesterday didn't take any paracetamol to take away the headache and this morning it doesn't seem as bad. Will see how it goes later!
I got mine from Holland & Barratt.
Only on cd4 at the moment so look forward to coming back with good news about it working in 27ish days!

Im thinking about getting some of this as my lp is only 9 and im thinking it might be a reason why I am mc'ing when I do get pg. Where is the cheapest place in the uk to get it? Thanks and good luck to everyone xx

Holland and Barratt sell them online and I got mine £4.98 which included postage. I don't feel they are very quick at posting them out, so if you have one close to you, best to go in.

:hug:

Hmm interesting stuff, my cycles are a mess andi am trying to regulate them a bit..

I am taking my Prenatals (Elevit)
https://www.elevit.co.nz/images/ingredientsListings.png

An am taking Evening primrose oil. 2 capsules so 2000mg ..
Should i try taking a Bcomplex too or is that overkill?! :dohh:

Take B-Complex too (preferably at least 25mg of all Bs). Vit Bs are water soluable. The excess will just come out in your pee.

great ill feel like a complete walking pharmacy whahaaha

well i guess it cant hurt..:) hoping it will bring O froward (or bring it in general :hissy:)

I took B50 complex from CD14 last month, 1 tablet per day. My LH surge came one day earlier than normal on CD19 but my LP was still the same. Should I consider increasing my dosage to 2 tablets per day? I only have a 9 day LP, so I've got to increase it by quite alot.

What do you think? Should I increase and also see the doctor. We've been TTC for 5 months full on but I've been off the contraceptive pill for 17 months? Can you tell this is starting to crack me up.

Thanks

Dawny690- I got my B complex vits from Tescos..purple bottle. Last cycle I didn't OV till cd20 and I only had a 11day LP. This month I OV'D on cd12. Not sure on LP length yet and rather not find out..don't want a :witch: visit this month!! If she does show up though I'll be on here telling all about the length of lp.
So, I recommend the b complex from tescos. Can't remember price but they wern't much.

I took B50 complex from CD14 last month, 1 tablet per day. My LH surge came one day earlier than normal on CD19 but my LP was still the same. Should I consider increasing my dosage to 2 tablets per day? I only have a 9 day LP, so I've got to increase it by quite alot.

What do you think? Should I increase and also see the doctor. We've been TTC for 5 months full on but I've been off the contraceptive pill for 17 months? Can you tell this is starting to crack me up.

Thanks

I think it might take some women several cycles to see a change, but you def have an LPD and taking more might be a better dosage for you, so I'd say yes.

great ill feel like a complete walking pharmacy whahaaha

well i guess it cant hurt..:) hoping it will bring O froward (or bring it in general :hissy:)

LoL, yes!!! And good luck honey, I really want it to happen for you Sam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->