Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

If a woman has had four or five miscarriages in the first six or eight weeks of a pregnancy, this is always due to luteal phase failure. Progesterone is needed to facilitate implantation and to prevent rejection of the developing embryo. Taking vitamin B6 every day during the entire month will help to lengthen the luteal phase.
from: https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.html

I've m/c 3times already and my gyn did not mention this as a possibility. This thread really opened my eyes on understanding the lp and the importance of the vitamin. Thanks, I will be buying my vitamin.

Any good sites to help u chart the LP??

If a woman has had four or five miscarriages in the first six or eight weeks of a pregnancy, this is always due to luteal phase failure. Progesterone is needed to facilitate implantation and to prevent rejection of the developing embryo. Taking vitamin B6 every day during the entire month will help to lengthen the luteal phase.
from: https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.html

I've m/c 3times already and my gyn did not mention this as a possibility. This thread really opened my eyes on understanding the lp and the importance of the vitamin. Thanks, I will be buying my vitamin.

Even with a LP of 16 days? Can you have a progesterone dificiency and still have a 'normal' LP?

I don't think so, and you definitely can have a chemical/early miscarriage for other reasons.

Just wish my doctor would look into those other reasons! :lol:

Since last months ov on cd20 and then just an 11day lp I started taking these b vits and according to FF I ov on cd12 this month!! Thats quite a change don't you think??! Coincidence? Or down to the vits? Im now 3dpo and hoping I make it past 7dpo this time before spotting. Im really hoping that as OV has happened earlier this month,that my body will now have more precious time to get that egg implanted (if it has been fertilized of course) before my body washes it out.

Do i carry on taking the vits now Ive already ovulated?

Since last months ov on cd20 and then just an 11day lp I started taking these b vits and according to FF I ov on cd12 this month!! Thats quite a change don't you think??! Coincidence? Or down to the vits? Im now 3dpo and hoping I make it past 7dpo this time before spotting. Im really hoping that as OV has happened earlier this month,that my body will now have more precious time to get that egg implanted (if it has been fertilized of course) before my body washes it out.

You should stop taking them when you've O'd. However, I don't think it harms to take them the whole cycle. V will be able to tell you more about that.

I think there wouldn't be a problem carrying on with Vit B complex. I am still taking them...... excess would anyways be excreted in urine! So not to worry!
B6 also helps in PMS .....

hope it helps!

ohhhhh k, whats this B50 stuff, do I need that to? I thought B6 and B12 was good enough? And is 100mcgs of b12 to much?

B50s is a vitamin with all the B vits in it which includes B6 and B12 at 50mcg, there is also Folic Acid in it.

Just wish my doctor would look into those other reasons! :lol:

My doctor was totally clueless about cycles. After a year of trying and not conceiving he still said I was fine because I had a regular period! I was the one who charted out my cycle and determined there was a problem with my LP. Sometimes I don't trust MDs, they're too convinced that they are right.

I think there wouldn't be a problem carrying on with Vit B complex. I am still taking them...... excess would anyways be excreted in urine! So not to worry!
B6 also helps in PMS .....

hope it helps!

Totally second this, sorry I did not see it earlier!

ohhhhh k, whats this B50 stuff, do I need that to? I thought B6 and B12 was good enough? And is 100mcgs of b12 to much?

Irish eyes explained what it is, but the reason it is recommended that you take all the B's together in a similar amount is because

1) it helps absorption. You waste a lot by taking just one or two in exclusion
2) taking just a couple in excess can cause a deficiency in the others.

I have to say though, you've got the most important ones covered (B6 and B12). Still recommend the complex though.

I have bought the H&B complete B complex but it only has 10mg of B6 and 25 of the B12...
Is this enough? Also doctor said not to bother taking them as they are not proven supposedly She just said take FA.

Vik

I just bought the b6 and b12, should've checked on here first! But i'll try this out since I bought it already and when its finished will try the bcomplex. Thanks for the advice though.
Oh! and no one responed to if there are any good online charting sites to help with the luteal phase??

I have bought the H&B complete B complex but it only has 10mg of B6 and 25 of the B12...
Is this enough? Also doctor said not to bother taking them as they are not proven supposedly She just said take FA.

Vik

I thnk pretty much all the ladies in this thread is enough proof for me that it works! :lol: I think most the ladies here are taking b-50 complex, which contains 50mg of each. I dont rally know much about how much to take but after reading through this thread I think the amount is pretty much trail and error!

I would take at least 25 mg of each one to see any effect, so I'd get more if it were me. However, if you are seeing enough of a change and do not want to buy more, I'd say continue. I think the B-50 is the complex of choice though since it seems most ladies see a good amount of change on that amount.

Hi, hope you don't mind me popping in!
The advice I've read on here has to be the best I've found.
I'm ttc no.2 and after charting my cycles realise I have a very regular LP of 11 days so have decided to start taking B50 as well as pregnacare after reading all the fab advice to see if I can extend that a bit. I'm on day 2 of taking it and have had really thumping headaches since. Is it a coincidence or could it be B50?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"