Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks V, I just needed someone to agree with me and I knew you'd be that person!:hug:

LOL - glad I could put your mind at ease then! Don't worry, the dosage you're taking is not considered too high. I know women who have gone up to 200mg, doctor's orders!

Hey there! I am new to BabyBump! Just wondering though about the vitamin b6 and prenatals, I started taking mine at the beginning of February! My cycle ranges from 33 to 35 days in length. My Luteal phase ranges from 6 to 8 days. This cycle (I chart with FF) FF said I was due to O on the 6 of February which would have been cd 28, and I was due to start :witch: on the 14 of Feb which of course was cd 35 and that would have made my luteal phase 6 or 7 (depending on how you wanna count the days) days in length! I am now on cd 38 and 10 dpo! For the last 3 days I have been having slight cramping on and off through-out the days but no sign of :witch:. I took a Dollarama HPT (PCOS) test this morning and I got a :bfn:! Now from my understandings, the HPT's you buy in a dollar store or at least the one I buy is sensitive to 20 MIU, so if I was to have a test read :bfp:, could it still be too early? I bought FRER today and intend on taking one tomorrow morning. I sure do hope it has something nice to read. But if anyone has any information or advice I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks so much.

BABY DUST TO ALL WHO ARE TTC!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Sorry, I just re-read my post and one part doesn't make sense. The HPT from the dollar store that I but are 20 MIU senstivit, so if I was to get a :bfp: from any type of test, should'nt my chances be higher with the dollar store brand verses FRER where there sensitivity ranges from 50 to 80?

Sorry, I just re-read my post and one part doesn't make sense. The HPT from the dollar store that I but are 20 MIU senstivit, so if I was to get a :bfp: from any type of test, should'nt my chances be higher with the dollar store brand verses FRER where there sensitivity ranges from 50 to 80?

Hi
Although the cheap hpts are more sensitive they can also be much more unreliable. frer is 25mui in uk, not sure if it's different in us?

Good luck!

Ladies, any thoughts...

Used to ov cd19. After 2 months of taking b50, last cycle I ovd cd15. Today is cd16 and temp is still low (although I have been very erratic taking it..), cbfm monitor has only gone to high today and opks have 2 lines but not a true pos.

Do you think I should up my dose? Has ov gone backwards again?

HELP!!

Mrs G, maybe it would depend on how early you started this cycle. Did AF come full on straight away? If not, maybe from the cycle before this would have put your CD1 day out and now your surge date out.

Sorry that is probably hard to understand but I would stick to what dosage you were previously on and keep it for a couple more cycles.

HTH but probably not!

:hug:

Thanks.
I know what you mean. Def this cycle :witch: arrived with a vengence on cd1.

I am now on cd 38 and 10 dpo! For the last 3 days I have been having slight cramping on and off through-out the days but no sign of :witch:. I took a Dollarama HPT (PCOS) test this morning and I got a :bfn:! Now from my understandings, the HPT's you buy in a dollar store or at least the one I buy is sensitive to 20 MIU, so if I was to have a test read :bfp:, could it still be too early?

It takes time for implantation to occur, then some more time for your body to produce enough hormone to be detectable by HPT, no matter how sensitive. I'd say it's probably too early to test but with an increasing LP you're on your way!:happydance:

Hey there! I am new to BabyBump! Just wondering though about the vitamin b6 and prenatals, I started taking mine at the beginning of February! My cycle ranges from 33 to 35 days in length. My Luteal phase ranges from 6 to 8 days. This cycle (I chart with FF) FF said I was due to O on the 6 of February which would have been cd 28, and I was due to start :witch: on the 14 of Feb which of course was cd 35 and that would have made my luteal phase 6 or 7 (depending on how you wanna count the days) days in length! I am now on cd 38 and 10 dpo! For the last 3 days I have been having slight cramping on and off through-out the days but no sign of :witch:. I took a Dollarama HPT (PCOS) test this morning and I got a :bfn:! Now from my understandings, the HPT's you buy in a dollar store or at least the one I buy is sensitive to 20 MIU, so if I was to have a test read :bfp:, could it still be too early? I bought FRER today and intend on taking one tomorrow morning. I sure do hope it has something nice to read. But if anyone has any information or advice I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks so much.

BABY DUST TO ALL WHO ARE TTC!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Are you taking Vit B Complex? If not you should probably start a thread on the main TTC forum. If you are taking it, your LP could be down to that and does not necessarily mean you are late. The first cycle I started taking it, my LP changed from 11 to 15 days and my temp just went up up up. So of course I freaked out. But it was nothing more than the Vit B.

And you cannot tell when you can test by the sensitivity of the HPT test. Yes, more sensitive HPT will detect HCG sooner, but there are also many other factors you have to take into account - like when the baby implanted, how much HCG is being produced, and also how well you metabolize it into your urine. None of these are ever the same for any two ladies. At 10 dpo, it could be very early to expect anything to show up. The average day the most see their BFP is 12dpo-14dpo. And still a good number of women do not see their BFP until days after.

Ladies, any thoughts...

Used to ov cd19. After 2 months of taking b50, last cycle I ovd cd15. Today is cd16 and temp is still low (although I have been very erratic taking it..), cbfm monitor has only gone to high today and opks have 2 lines but not a true pos.

Do you think I should up my dose? Has ov gone backwards again?

HELP!!

You're not going backwards :hugs:. Every cycle is different. I O'ed my earliest ever CD13. The very next cycle I O'ed CD15. The cycle after that, I did not O until at least CD19 (latest ever) and it could have been as late as CD21. Your LP should not change, even though I know you would wish for a shorter cycle. It is the fact that you O that counts - you can still get pregnant - this one is a result of that delayed delayed O.

When the egg is ready, it'll come out. Even in girls with normal cycles and no Vit B, O can vary by a few days. I would not worry. Some of it has to do with how things have gone in your life as the egg was developing. For example I had the flu during the beginning of last cycle and I'm pretty sure that had something to do with late O. But it is just as much dependent on how your follicles are developing. They'll pop off when ready. :hugs:

Hey V, good to hear from you!!
Thanks. I guess I got excited when ov moved to cd15 last month!! Do you think I'm ok to stick on b50? I worried that my body has got used to it and so ov has shifted back again. No idea if this is possible!!??

Hope that sticky bean is behaving itself!
:hugs:

Stick with the B50 - the important part,which making the LP longer, stuck every cycle. Would not want to go back to 11 days!! Don't worry so much about when O is :)

Thanks Mrs G.! I feel that the cheap ones are a little unreliable too, that is why I bought FRER test. Unfortunately, I took my test this morning and it was a BFN. I guess all I can do is play the waiting game again! I think I will re-test on Friday which would be cd 41, and dpo 13. The part that is confusing me the most is that I was due on Feb. 14th for AF and now that I have passed that date, FF isn't giving me a new due date for AF?! Everything that I have been reading on this thread though is also a little confusing, I guess Vestirse said it best that no woman is the same! But still, everything that I am understanding is that the usual for an extension of the entire cycle when taking vitamin b is 2-3 days. At the most, my lp has been lengthened by 4 days, and the least 2 days. If I am going to start AF would my temp drop like it normally does on being on the vitamin b, or will my temp be just as wonky? Because today it spiked again, and now I have no more cramping?!! I hope you ladies don't mind if I chat with you all? It seems really established in here now! Thank-you Mrs. G., Knitpicker, and Vestirse so much for responding to me so quickly!!

No problem - if anyone has questions or experience with Vit B - this is the thread on which to do it! And don't worry about FF - it does not know what are taking Vit B and won't start predicting AF farther out until you have a few cycle where your LP is longer. And you might want to have a gander at my October 11th, 2008 chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/vestirse . That was my first cycle taking Vit B. Check out the temperature - it just kept climbing and then - huge drop.

But you could very well be preg, you never know! Just keep testing. We're all hoping for the best!

Thanks for the link to your chart! It is nice to be able to chat with people who are going through the same up's and down's. BTW, congratulations with your BFP Vestirse! I am taking vitamin B6 with prenatals, nothing else! I don't know if that is the same or similar to B complex? I do have to say though, seeing your chart just drop the way it did is kinda scary, I mean, there was no room to say, ok i'm gonna start tomorrow, it was spiked one day and then the very next it just dropped. Did you start AF when you woke or was it later in the day?

Later in the day - came like clockwork to around 11, lol. I was so so so relieved to be out of the frickin twilight zone. Everyone on BnB thought I was preg that cycle. I mean just look at my chart!

And thank you! Hoping for a sticky one this time around!

But still, everything that I am understanding is that the usual for an extension of the entire cycle when taking vitamin b is 2-3 days. At the most, my lp has been lengthened by 4 days, and the least 2 days. If I am going to start AF would my temp drop like it normally does on being on the vitamin b, or will my temp be just as wonky?

When I started taking B complex my temp started to drop only after AF. It stayed high throughout. But my LP went from 3 days (my normal) to 8 days than to 15 days in two months. V is right, no two women are alike. My temp this month was just insane: it alternated between extreme high and extreme low every other day for a week! I though my thermometer went on me!

Thanks for the info knitpicker! Well my temp dropped today and I definetly feel AF heading her way! But at least the good thing about all this is my LP has been lengthened! So here's to hoping for a possibly longer LP next cycle and maybe that sticky bean! How long has everyone been TTC so far, and for those who received the BFP, how long were you TTC before you got the wonderful news?

My 8th cycle, I received my sticky BFP. I was using preseed, temping, checking CM and had DH on multi vitamins. I had had two chemicals both previous cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->