Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

yikes on that story about the girl with the MC... its all so scary at that stage!

hiy so glad i founfd this thread as my oh has just bought some and i had no idea that it can help. im not sure if i have a long or short luteal phase. is there any way of finding this out? at the minute we are ntnp but goin to start and do thigs to get my body ready.
any help would be great

babymammy - based on your fertility friend chart from last cycle, I think your LP is just perfect you got to 13dpo, then got AF on 14dpo. That gives you a 13 day LP.
I also think its possible you ovulated a day earlier, which would give you a 14 day LP.
The 'ideal' LP is 14 days.
Anything less than 10 can be a problem, 12 is usually considered ok but isn't always.

Your post-O temps were actually ok, but they did hover near your coverline for a bit (sometimes an indication of low progesterone).

babymammy - based on your fertility friend chart from last cycle, I think your LP is just perfect you got to 13dpo, then got AF on 14dpo. That gives you a 13 day LP.
I also think its possible you ovulated a day earlier, which would give you a 14 day LP.
The 'ideal' LP is 14 days.
Anything less than 10 can be a problem, 12 is usually considered ok but isn't always.

Your post-O temps were actually ok, but they did hover near your coverline for a bit (sometimes an indication of low progesterone).

thank you so much for that really helpfull. if i have low progesterone would taking vitamin b6 help with this??

it might... I took it for months and had my progesterone levels checked by blood test each cycle and the number wasn't getting any better.

it might... I took it for months and had my progesterone levels checked by blood test each cycle and the number wasn't getting any better.

thank you so if i was to take it what doseage would u recommend.?

Usually a B-complex is recommended so that you don't become deficient in the other B vits by taking too much of one. B-50 is the better amount to start with.

Hi everyone

I'm out of the running this month cos the :witch: came this morning. :cry: I was already pretty sure that this wasn't my cycle because my temperatures have been gradually going down over the last three mornings.

I'm annoyed at myself because I didn't take a pregnancy test a few days ago when I felt sure I had pregnancy symptoms (including big boob growth and lots of tweaks and cramps). It would be nice to know for certain whether or not I've just had another chemical pregnancy, although as I was only 12/13 dpo and my blood flow is very red (sorry for gory details), I think that I probably haven't had one. If I'm right, that means my luteal phase has lengthened by at least 2 days to a more embryo-friendly level! Sadness comes with this a wee silver lining, but I'm still feeling pretty gutted, especially as I spent yesterday with 3 very pregnant friends. Sigh!

Oh Roopachoo, you're in my thoughts now and I'm crossing my fingers for you and your little bean. FX

Thanks for all the kind messages, girls. You are all wonderful and very supportive.

:dust:

Minky

:Oh Minky I'm so sorry. I'm not one to talk as I'm a serial POAS-er, but I think you did the right thing by not testing early.

Like you said though at least you know that your LP is becoming a better bean environment, that makes this next cycle so much more likely. It's that last bit of the journey that's so critical and it sounds like you're almost there.

Thanks for your support x and all my wishes for you this cycle xx

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi All

I got my 21 day blood test results and got the following:

LH 0.7
FSH 2.5
oestadiol 375
progesterone 19

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks xx

Hi All

LH 0.7
FSH 2.5
oestadiol 375
progesterone 19

Thanks xx

Sorry... didn't want to read and run... anyone else??

:dust:

Hi All

LH 0.7
FSH 2.5
oestadiol 375
progesterone 19

Thanks xx

:nope: Sorry I know nothing either but when you find out we would all be interested to know what the figures mean. The little bit I do know (from people here telling me) the last figure for progesterone sounds ok but I'll have a read back and see. Lisaf was a big help if you can read back through her posts. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks guys. I'm a little bit upset because some of the other girls in another thread said my progesterone level looks like I didn't ovulate. But I'm a bit unclear on my ovulation date and its possible I got the test done a bit early (possibly as early as 4dpo). I'm pretty sure I ovulate though, I get EWCM, positive OPK and temp shifts, plus ovulation pains. I don't know whats going on now!!

Thanks guys. I'm a little bit upset because some of the other girls in another thread said my progesterone level looks like I didn't ovulate. But I'm a bit unclear on my ovulation date and its possible I got the test done a bit early (possibly as early as 4dpo). I'm pretty sure I ovulate though, I get EWCM, positive OPK and temp shifts, plus ovulation pains. I don't know whats going on now!!

Back on Page 211 ElnMummy said this:-

Just had my 21 day test results and my level was 20.5 - GP said that anything over 18 is considered good for ovulation; he said whilst it's low(ish) I def ovulated and we should maybe have tested at 5dpo instead of 7 as my cycle's only 22/23 days.
The B6 brought my ov back from CD14 last month to CD11/12 this month and although my cycle was 1 day shorter I still had a LP of 11 days instead of 9......
Interesting times eh?! x

:wacko:Just thought that might be of interest with the progesterone numbers.

:wacko:
I have a question if anyone can jump in. Since starting the B6 and then moving on to a B Complex, my temperatures for the first half of the month have been yo-yoing. One step up and two steps down. Im not concerned about where they are exactly, they are all on the low side and will get higher in the 2nd half of the month, it's just the weird pattern of up and down. Wondering if it's a b6 thing. Before the b6 I was at least getting more regular temps, they would stay the same for an odd day or two. I haven't changed room temperatures or anything.

The temperature thing is really weird. Some days I've woken up thinking Im roasted and that the temps will be high and they have plummetted and other days I think Im freezing, the temps will be low and then they have shot up.:wacko::shrug:

Anyone any ideas?

:wacko:
I have a question if anyone can jump in. Since starting the B6 and then moving on to a B Complex, my temperatures for the first half of the month have been yo-yoing. One step up and two steps down. Im not concerned about where they are exactly, they are all on the low side and will get higher in the 2nd half of the month, it's just the weird pattern of up and down. Wondering if it's a b6 thing. Before the b6 I was at least getting more regular temps, they would stay the same for an odd day or two. I haven't changed room temperatures or anything.

The temperature thing is really weird. Some days I've woken up thinking Im roasted and that the temps will be high and they have plummetted and other days I think Im freezing, the temps will be low and then they have shot up.:wacko::shrug:

Anyone any ideas?

Mine were up and then down and then up etc in first half of b vit cycle too, can't compare with non b-vit cycle, but minor fluctuations are expected. Flat temps are more of a worry I think :shrug:

Back on Page 211 ElnMummy said this:-

Just had my 21 day test results and my level was 20.5 - GP said that anything over 18 is considered good for ovulation; he said whilst it's low(ish) I def ovulated and we should maybe have tested at 5dpo instead of 7 as my cycle's only 22/23 days.
The B6 brought my ov back from CD14 last month to CD11/12 this month and although my cycle was 1 day shorter I still had a LP of 11 days instead of 9......
Interesting times eh?! x

:wacko:Just thought that might be of interest with the progesterone numbers.

Thanks very much Gillawaiting! That makes me feel a lot better. I'm sure I ovulate. Will wait to see what the doctors thinks I guess. I'm on soy this month too, wonder if that will do anything :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->