• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks V. I am taking a B vitamin complex as well. And no I've not been ill, I've felt really good this month!

I just think I have a problem :-(

xxx

Yes, but taking an addition 100mg of B^ is still taking one Vit B is excess. I am taking about similar dosing of all the B's. But I hope you get answers soon. Sometimes it can take a few minutes to see any advantage in the Vit B. Be aware that Vit B only helps certain aspects of an LPD. If your problem is in the lining, it won't help.

Hey chocolatecat, my temp went erratic the first month I started taking B complex (100 mgs), then it evened out.

Yes, but taking an addition 100mg of B^ is still taking one Vit B is excess. I am taking about similar dosing of all the B's. But I hope you get answers soon. Sometimes it can take a few minutes to see any advantage in the Vit B. Be aware that Vit B only helps certain aspects of an LPD. If your problem is in the lining, it won't help.

Wow, preggo brain or what? Probably the fact that I can't type to save my life actually. Let me correct this post!

Yes, but taking an additional 100mg of B6 is still taking one Vit B is excess. I am talking about similar dosing of all the B's. But I hope you get answers soon. Sometimes it can take a few months to see any advantage in the Vit B. Be aware that Vit B only helps certain aspects of an LPD. If your problem is in the lining, it won't help.

There!

Thanks V - I knew what you meant too! I've got myself B50 complex now and an appointment at the doctors next week. Fx for a some tests. xxx

Update from me ladies - cycle 1 with B vits - O moved forward 2 to 3 days and LP went from 11 to 12. Cycle 2 - O back to CD15 and I got my temp dip this morning, meaning :witch: is due today - only on CD10! If my LP shortens to 9 days I will not be a happy bunny.

Keeping my fingers crossed the dip could be implantation but I doubt it.

V - you still in here? If so, could you take a look at my chart and tell me what you think?

So - has she come? It could well be a normal dip. You can't take one dip as gospel, but it's true something is off if you get her early. The weird thing is that your ticker tels me you are on CD!! while your chart says CD10!

Thanks V. Yep - she's here. Arrived at 5am. So that's either a very short lp of 10 days this month, or I oved earlier than I thought. Not sure what's up with my ticker - although of course it's now on CD1. I can't see it in my signature tho.

I think signatures are off in this forum - dunno why. Something is really off if you kept with it and had ten day LP after it lengthening last cycle. I don't know if that's FF or the B50. I would tell you (and myself if this happened) to try it again for one more cycle - you have enough left to take it all through or no? If it happens again, stop it because it is not helping. There are cases of a short LP that won't be helped by B vits if it is short due to something other than follicle/egg health.

Hi I'm new here. I've read through the whole thread and as such bought vit b50 complex today. I've been ttc #1 since coming off the pill in July 08. I am on cycle 7/8 if you count stopping pill in july. Ive had cycles ranging from 27 days - 36 days. Last month i took agnus cactus and ov'd cd 17, however LP stayed at 10 days. I feel this is too short and as such am keen to try vit b complex. I am on cd11 today and am using a CB monitor and got a high reading cd 10 +11, i took one capsule earlier today and noticed the bright yellow pee (i know this seems normal) i just wondered if that will affect my reading on my monitor tomorrow?! Too late to do anything now i suppose, i'm heading to bed and will use stick in morning as normal. Also is there any point in taking considering its not the beginning of a cycle? If not i wont take anymore. Sorry for messy post....its bedtime!

Thanks in advance

xx

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/buzzybee13

It should not effect anything. What is coloring your pee is the excess B-50 and your monitor picks up other hormones, not vitamins. And it could still have an effect in the week or so before you O so I'd continue taking it. You can stop at O if you choose, or keep taking it. I kept taking it simply because sticking with the habit was easier!

Thanks V. Yep - she's here. Arrived at 5am. So that's either a very short lp of 10 days this month, or I oved earlier than I thought. Not sure what's up with my ticker - although of course it's now on CD1. I can't see it in my signature tho.

Yep, same thing happened to me this month. I'm taking 50mg of B50, it seemed to help last month as I had a 12 day LP, but back down to 9 days this month. Will give it one more cycle to see what happens.

Yep, same thing happened to me this month. I'm taking 50mg of B50, it seemed to help last month as I had a 12 day LP, but back down to 9 days this month. Will give it one more cycle to see what happens.

But mine was never shorter than 11 days to begin with - so it seems the vits have decreased my LP..... also taking agnus castus so it could be down to that.

V - thanks for the advice. I think what I'm going to do is stop the Agnus Castus and continue with the B vits for 1 cycle to see what happens. Fingers crossed although starting to lose all hope given this is now cycle 18.

But mine was never shorter than 11 days to begin with - so it seems the vits have decreased my LP..... also taking agnus castus so it could be down to that.

V - thanks for the advice. I think what I'm going to do is stop the Agnus Castus and continue with the B vits for 1 cycle to see what happens. Fingers crossed although starting to lose all hope given this is now cycle 18.

Do you really think the Agnus Castus has sent you backwards? Damn, that was going to be my next port of call! Don't lose hope... one of my friends told me the other day that it took her and her husband (both perfectly healthy) 18 months to conceive their first child, and two weeks to conceive their 2nd!! Lots of baby dust for your next cycle x

Do you really think the Agnus Castus has sent you backwards? Damn, that was going to be my next port of call! Don't lose hope... one of my friends told me the other day that it took her and her husband (both perfectly healthy) 18 months to conceive their first child, and two weeks to conceive their 2nd!! Lots of baby dust for your next cycle x

Hi Toptack,

I really don't know. It could have been the Agnus Castus, the B vits or just an inaccurate temperature meaning I oved earlier than FF says I did. And I won't ever know - I saw the consultant this morning and was prescribed Clomid which I've started on this cycle, so who knows what will happen this time around!

Thank you for your kind wishes - lots of luck to you too.

Vestirse, you seem quite knowledgeable and I'd like your two cents on my situation if I may!

This is my 2nd month TTC since losing my first pregnancy due to it being ectopic. I did not have problems with luteal phase spotting until after my ectopic pregnancy in October 2008 and now I see spotting around 6 DPO, though my temps stay high for approximately 14 DPO and go down after AF arrives. I'm still waiting to get into the Doctor to check and see if this could possibly be a LFD. In the meantime, I'd like to start taking B6.

After reading this thread at work today I went out and bought a B-Complex 50 supplement on my way home. I understand that it wont do anything for my current cycle but I want to make sure that I get into a habit of taking them. Would it hurt anything to get started today even though I'm over half way through my luteal phase?

Also, the brand that I bought has 400mcg folic acid. Would it be alright to take this in addition to my prenatal vitamin that has 800mcg folic acid or should the B-50 vitamin be enough to use in place of my prenatal vitamin?

I'm really hoping that it helps! If my luteal phase spotting is actually due to lining, does anyone know if there are any natural options to help that along?

I think its fine to start taking your B50s now and it is fine about the Folic Acid too. You can take up to 1000mcg a day I think but am sure V with verify this. Currently, I am taking the B50s with 400mcg of FA, 400mcg FA and then I am taking another B Complex (with very same amounts of B vits in them) which has 200mcg of FA.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->