Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

yes, you can take vitex with b vitamins!
(my acupuncturist let me take both.. in fact, the b vitamin can be taken with all the other 'natural' things... just have to watch out for other things that have more b vits etc so you don't get too much)

pls when should i start taking this vit b6 in a cycle . Pls i need d info.

Hey ladies! I have LP issues which is why I'm WTT. I was wondering if 200mg is too high of a dose of vitamin B6? The women in my family tend to be deficient so just wondering since that's what I'm taking right now, but maybe I should back off?

Over the earlier asked question about folic acid, I asked my nutritionist because me and my friend had that debate. The new guidelines are saying 1000 is now what they want for pregnancy vs. 800...so it's all good! Also folate is water soluble so if you get to much you just pee it out! Hahaha

Little- so do you think that to be taking 1200 mg of folic acid is ok and not considered too much?

How long have you taken the 200 mg? Seems high to me but im just taking 50 plus the bit thats in my prenatals....im afraid of neurological stuff being messed with! .

My nutritionist said most of the time, even without the prenatals you are getting plenty of folic acid because so many foods are fortified with it, so I know I don't worry about it. I'm sure I get well over that and since there's no harm it because they raised to pregnancy values to 1000, you should be fine!

I think i might cut back, but I feel better after I take my vitamin B6...I'm on the pill so I can't really gage it well.

Hello, my first post on this thread was on Nov. 24th. Now that AF arrived today, I can provide some stats about my first cycle with B6 vit.
I ov.d two days earlier, on CD 16
AF arrived two days earlier on CD 26
LP length is the same, however WITHOUT THE TWO DAYS OF SPOTTING.
AF arrived without warning, but I think this is an improvment :thumbup:

Leylak that is awesome you're ovulating earlier! I hope it helps increase the length of your cycles though so you can get pregnant very soon! Keep us posted! I love these kind of updates!

Hello, my first post on this thread was on Nov. 24th. Now that AF arrived today, I can provide some stats about my first cycle with B6 vit.
I ov.d two days earlier, on CD 16
AF arrived two days earlier on CD 26
LP length is the same, however WITHOUT THE TWO DAYS OF SPOTTING.
AF arrived without warning, but I think this is an improvment :thumbup:

It's always great to hear everybody's updates. There are certainly benefits to these B-vits. Gonna go and pop mine right now! :winkwink:

Thanks gals, although AF let me a bit down today, I tried to see the good in it. No spotting yay! I hope this month my LP will be longer or better yet, I will get a BFP so I will never know how long it is.

Hi GillAwaiting, sorry for taking so long to reply. That's great your doctor was so helpful! All ours did was write out a referal to the fertility clinic. I mentioned Luteal Phase but he said just talk to the hospital. We have actually opted not to go and have any tests yet - we wanted to try a few more months of some natural things before going to have some tests. If nothing has happened by Feb/March then we will go.

I'm now on a mission to find out more about herbs and vits and ensure we are both taking the best. I'm even wondering if my pre-natal is good enough - I saw someone wrote they switched to a regular multi vit that had extra B vits in and supplemented with Folic Acid, I'm worried that my pre-natal hasn't got enough of what I really need. I'm already supplementing it with extra B6 and Zinc (becuase I have had a low immune system) and also the rasbperry leaf. My pre-natal has a small amount of Angus Catus (Vitex) but I think not enough to do much - have you tried this one? Have you also tried/heard about red clover?

That's reassuring to know that when you first tried B6 you didn't get a positive test either - I'm hoping next month (by then it will be the 3rd month I've taken B6) it will be ok!

Good luck with your hospital results - let me know how you get on and if you have any other tips or info on any of the above stuff I mention let me know.

Thanks!

hey CRC - I'm probably the one you remember saying they took a regular multi-vitamin.
I did it because the prenatals made me sick (tried several brands, this was the only vitamin I was taking at the time).
All of the vitamins were pretty similar amounts, just less folic acid and no iron (I have never been even close to being anemic so the extra iron might have been what was making me sick).
I took a B-complex eventually too.

I've also been taking an omega 3 fish oil capsule which I've heard is good for general health and fertility but not as direct an effect as some of the other supplements. My docs seemed pleased I'm on it, both when TTC and after my BFP.

I tried vitex for a while, never saw much effect but I was on a very low dose compared to most girls on BnB.

Hi, I'm new onto here. I have skimmed the first few pages of posts and the last couple, but wanted to know what the general consensus was on using progesterone cream to extend luteal phase. I have a 25 day cycle, ovulate around day 13, but start spotting 4 days before period arrives. I'm taking about 100mg B6 (as part of a B-complex) this month for the first time and was wondering whether I should use progesterone cream too or whether I should go and get progesterone levels checked by Dr (I mean are there any risks to taking small quantities of prog cream, and does anyone have a brand they can recommend?)
Thanks! x

Hello, Just wondering if any of you ladies taking vit b6 noticed a rise in your temps?
This is the first month taking vit b complex 50. I started it second day of AF and I am now on cd 11 and my temps are through the roof!!! The last three days 98.5f, 98.8f, and 98.7f :wacko:
Is this normal? My temps have never been this high especially before ovulation? Any ideas?:nope:
Many thanks ladies :flower:

Sorry in response to veryveronica....sorry I have no experience of using progesterone but I know lots of lovely ladies on here have and I am sure they will help you out! :flower:

Hi posted this on ttc, but thought I would add it to this thread to see if anyone could give me any advice. Please see below:-

I've also got low progesterone. It came back at 12.6 6dpo. My FS thinks I probably didn't ov, but my temps show otherwise. Unfortunately, he won't give me any medication to help with this until I've had a lap done as I have been getting pain and spotting. My last LP was only 8 days, but sometimes it's 10 or 11.

Is there any hope that I can get pg without a progesterone supplement in the meantime? Also, does this mean that if by some chance I do get pg, it may lead to a mc? Can they actually do anything if a pg is confirmed, or is it too late by then?

Sorry about all the questions!

Thanks

veryveronica - the progesterone cream is not supposed to have a very strong effect, but at least one girl on here did comparitive blood tests and saw a marked improvement with the use of the cream. There aren't big risks, but you should only use it AFTER ovulation because it could inhibit ovulation if used beforehand. If you have the choice, I would get the blood test done this cycle without the cream to see what it is. Then if its low, you can try the cream next month and get another test and see if its helping.

mamaball - my temps were more erratic on the B vitamins, but they never got super high before ovulation! Could you be running a fever maybe? The only thing I know that really makes temps soar before ovulation is Clomid (and maybe soy).

sugarlove - if you're having pain and spotting, you might have endometriosis.. so you definitely want to address that before focusing on the low progesterone. That level for progesterone is LOW, but I've seen so many doctors say that you 'didn't ovulate' if your levels don't hit the normal range, and thats simply not true. What they're really saying is that they can't confirm ovulation happened. However, when you see lots of girls who don't get a temp rise, don't get their periods within 12-14 days after 'ovulation' etc etc etc... and their levels are almost always .2 or something very low like that... its pretty clear that you ovulated.
If you do get pregnant, insist on a progesterone blood test right away and if the levels are below normal, insist on a progesterone supplement. Many women with low progesterone can save a pregnancy with timely intervention, but there is no real study on this kind of thing so I can't say how likely it is to work for you, iykwim?

thanks for the info Lisa. Its very useful.
I'm waiting for an appt for a lap, but just feel that I'm a bit in limbo whilst I'm waiting:growlmad:
Was hoping the FS I saw was going to give me something for it, but he wants the lap done first

how long will you have to wait for the lap?
If the lap comes back clear, they may suggest clomid to give you a stronger ovulation. Thats how I got my progesterone up high enough!

Hello ladies!

I have been taking B-50 this cycle as my LP has been 10/11 days (not terrible I know but could be better). I have Od CD 20/21 last 2 cycles but now I am on CD 21 with scant CM (unusual for me) and not even a sniff of a line on my OPKs :nope:

I have only read the last 10 or so pages but was wondering if anyone knows if it is common for B vits to delay Ov?

I have also cut my dose of AC in half this cycle so could also be that, I have put that back up now but not sure whether to stop the B-50 :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->