Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Just wanted to add that having several days of fertile CM give you a wider estimation for ovulation... but it does usually mean the sperm can live longer and wait for the egg... and when you CM changes dramatically from watery or EWCM to dry/stick/creamy, that is still a great indicator that ovulation has just happened!! :)

(P.S. I did acupuncture for 4-5 months before my BFP... it was the best thing I did!! It was SO helpful with the stress and was the only way I didn't totally lose my mind!)

I am adding 800mg Vitex to my vitamin intake - I'm a bit worried I'm taking too much of everything but reading this thread it seems I'm not the only one and the woman in the vitamin shop assured me it was OK. I have my pre-natal (which already has 6MG B6 and 40MG Vitex including all the usual others), I take an extra 50MG Zinc a day as I've suffered a low immune system, 50MG extra B6, 800MG Vitex and 800MG Red Rasbperry - I hope to see a big change in my cycle next month!

Hi ladies, just wondering if you could give me an idea on how much b6 to take to lengthen lp, Mine seems to be getting shorter every month, I am ov on cd12-14 my lp is around 11 days, I know it is not the minimum but it is getting close and am wondering if that is one of the reasons after 18months we have not had a sniff of a bfp. Any help would be great x

Hi ladies, just wondering if you could give me an idea on how much b6 to take to lengthen lp, Mine seems to be getting shorter every month, I am ov on cd12-14 my lp is around 11 days, I know it is not the minimum but it is getting close and am wondering if that is one of the reasons after 18months we have not had a sniff of a bfp. Any help would be great x

Vit B6 has certainly helped to lengthen my luteal phase - up to 3 extra days after 2 complete B-vit complex cycles. You're better off taking a B-complex rather than a standalone B6 supplement as otherwise it will not work effectively and could lead to deficiencies in other B-vits.

Most ladies seem to take either a B50 or B100 complex: both are available from health food stores like Holland and Barrett. The dosage you take is a personal decision, but as you already have an 11 day luteal phase, maybe B50 would be enough for you. If it didn't work out, you could always up your dose next cycle.

Minky X

Thank you minky, do I take it for my whole cycle or just after ov?

Thank you minky, do I take it for my whole cycle or just after ov?

You take it all the way through the cycle. However, if you're taking it for a few months, it's recommended that you take a few days break every cycle. Good luck and :dust:

Hi everyone

Just wondered what you all thought of my chart. Although I've been getting good lines on the OPKs for a few days, today's was waaaaay darker than the control line. The problem is that my chart already has the look of a post-ovulation pattern with a dip and then big rise over the last few days. What do you reckon? Ovulating tomorrow or Monday would fit in more closely with my usual ovulation date, but I'm confused. Maybe the high temps the last couple of days are related to the cold that I'm getting over.

We will BD tonight just in case (didn't last night as DH's back was very sore and I already thought the eggy had flown ).

Minky

just a quick question i have been charting for 3 mths now and the
1st mth my lp was 9days
2nd mth my lp was 10days
currently on cd7 so dont know 3rd yet :)
i am trying for my 3rd baby never had any probs with my other too, but noticed i had a borderline lp (so far)
is it vitamin B-Complex i can take to improve it? i am taking a preconception multi vit can u take B-Complex with it aswell ??

Any advice welcome....

& thank u x

Hi Ladies!

I have been reading through the posts and I'm still a little unsure of what I should be taking. B6 or B-complex? DH picked up a b-complex but it only has 2mg of b6 and 15mcg of b12. That doesn't sound like enough when people are talking about 50. Also do these vitamins help with low progesterone or am I about to try the wrong thing? I haven't started them yet. Just got them today. I had an 11 day LP last month and then a 12 this month so it's not bad. I just have low temps and am guessing it's the progesterone. I started taking maca to balance out hormones. I am also only having 2 day periods last month and this month.. I saw that someone said to take baby aspirin to help with this. Is that correct?

Please help.. I'm so confused on what to try to take.

Thank you! :flower:

There are regular B complexes and then there is a b-complex called B-50 and one called B-100 which have higher amounts of everything.
From what I read, the B-complex sounds better since its supposed to be easier to absorb when you have equal amounts and since you can become deficient in other B vits if you take too much of just one (B12 is important to prevent miscarriage and folic acid is also a B vitamin).

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it! So should I stick with this b-complex that only has low doses or get a b-50 complex?

I'd go for a higher B-complex. The ones with the low amounts are usually giving you 100% of the daily requirements... but studies show that you don't absorb 100% of what you take in a vitamin... so often its better to take more than the 100% amount as long as its safe (which b vits are safe to do that and you should get rid of the extra in your pee).

Thank you so much for your help!

Congratulations on your little bean!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!! :)

Iam really tensed if i have LPD , i have for as long as i have know a 28-29 day cycle. Last cycle i had positive opk (smiley) on cd17 and got my AF on Cd 29 so what does it make my LP ? It will be of great help if some one could answer.

Iam really tensed if i have LPD , i have for as long as i have know a 28-29 day cycle. Last cycle i had positive opk (smiley) on cd17 and got my AF on Cd 29 so what does it make my LP ? It will be of great help if some one could answer.

It depends on when you actualy O'd. You got the positive opk on cd 17 but did you O that day, the next day or the day after? I would guess your LP was between 9-11 days. It's hard to tell if you don't temp to see a thermal shift.

Hey everyone,

I posted before about my progesterone being 9.6 at 7dpo one cycle and then 4.6 at 6 dpo last cycle.

I have an update and a question. :) My luteal phase ended up being 13 days even with the 4.6 at 6dpo, with no spotting. I saw my doc and he said he's not worried since it wasn't 7dpo. Is this true? Will it have raised to the appropriate level (10) by the next day?

Lisa, I remember you had a chart you posted showing how it rises and falls. Can you repost that? I want to analyze my levels.....

I'm just confused because if I had low progesterone wouldn't I have a LP defect?

I just bought some progesterone cream at GNC today and I'm torn over if I should take it or not. If I do have low progesterone and get pregnant, can the cream actually do anything? Or does it just prolong the inevitable (mc) as I read if you're progesterone is low the pregnancy is meant to fail and the cream just puts it off....

Hi lisaf,
Pls i'm taking vit b complex should i stop after ovulation

Hello-
Does anyone know about men and vitamin B? My OH takes my b50 complex each day thinking he is helping contribute to the TTC- are they doing anything for him?

Hello-
Does anyone know about men and vitamin B? My OH takes my b50 complex each day thinking he is helping contribute to the TTC- are they doing anything for him?

well in wellman conception there is Vitamin B12 75 µg (microgram) in it so i'm sure it wouldnt hurt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->