Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I've got an appt tomorrow Lisa, so I should find out how long the wait is.

If I have got endo, do you think they will still give me clomid if it's not too bad?

Thanks for the advice Lisaf. I will try and see my dr this cycle, although day 21 will be very close to Christmas, so not sure if it'll be possible... If not, for those who have used B6, how long on average does it take to start working?

sugarlove - they will probably want to remove the endo first if you have a lot... I don't know much about endo.. it seems like the treatments vary a lot for it.

Hi PinkPolkaDot, I think that when you first start taking the B6 at a high dose it can do strange things to your first or second cycle on it. On my first cycle on it I didn't get a positive OPK test all month (which is very unusual for me) and someone else on this thread has said the same thing happened to them. So if its the month month you are taking a very high B6 and this is happened once then I wouldn't worry - but keep an eye on it if it happens again. Good luck x

Hi- just wondering if anyone's noticed a difference on just 50 mg? I cant double up because I cant find vitamin b without folic acid and vitamin c in it so just takin 50 and not sure if thats even worth the hassle of the nasty horse pill. last month was my first cycle and it didnt do anything.

Hi PinkPolkaDot, I think that when you first start taking the B6 at a high dose it can do strange things to your first or second cycle on it. On my first cycle on it I didn't get a positive OPK test all month (which is very unusual for me) and someone else on this thread has said the same thing happened to them. So if its the month month you are taking a very high B6 and this is happened once then I wouldn't worry - but keep an eye on it if it happens again. Good luck x

Thanks for your reply CRC, that's interesting. It's my 1st cycle on it yes, how long have you been taking it now and did your 2nd cycle correct itself?

Update:
Have been Googling (my fave passtime!) and just found this:
https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/low-estrogen-levels-can-this-affect-ovulation.html

Apparently B6 reduces estrogen. I am thinking that it has reduced mine too low, this would exlain the lack of EWCM, and delayed/no Ov (and also I have had very light AFs already so maybe it was on the low side to begin with). Perhaps the B6 is not right for me?

nypage - I remember reading back when this thread started that some girls were cutting their pills in half to lower their dose. For some people, the lower dose worked BETTER than the higher one.

pink - thats an interesting article. I can see why b vitamins would help progesterone if high estrogen levels were causing the decrease. It might also explain why some women find their cycles to be worse on the b vits or worse on high doses.
Estrogen is what causes your body temp to lower before ovulation, so maybe if you're getting an erratic chart with higher pre-O temps, its a sign you have too much Bvitamin in your system?
Of course, if that was causing my follicles to not develop as well or as fast, it would also cause my progesterone to be low after ovulation. My fertility doctor knew I was on the B-complex and didn't see it as a problem at all... so I'm not sure what to think there.

i don't think a B complex could do that much damage unless you are taking more than the recommended dosage. and even so, you pee out what you don't use. i think if B vits are taken and the same month annovulation occurs than i think one might be low in estrogen as it is. estrogen and progesterone are a fine balancing act and can throw each other off so easily.

i would say in the case of less EWCM or delayed O with B vits or B6, one should also supplement with something estrogenic, like evening primrose. im on B6, only 50mg, and if it does not lengthen my LP then i should get AF tomorrow. if it helped then hopefully Af doesn't come until late in the week or the weekend, which would make it like 13 dpo. scratch that, i don't want it to come, i want the BFP!! :)

Thanks for the advice Lisaf. I will try and see my dr this cycle, although day 21 will be very close to Christmas, so not sure if it'll be possible... If not, for those who have used B6, how long on average does it take to start working?

i've heard it working for people in the 1st cycle. i am on 50mg right now and have been taking it since CD1. i am currently at 10 dpo with an average LP of 11 days. i will let you know this week if it worked for me!

I'm in my first official TWW and in my 5th cycle TTC. It's my third month of charting. First month of TTC I was devasted that I didn't get pg first try (oh how lovely and naive of me!!). The second month of TTC - equally as devastating. The third month - I decided to chart.

I discovered that my LP was only 10 days long and that I ovulated on cd17 (27 day cycle that is very consistent). Cycle four, I continued to chart and take 100mg of VitB complex, along with vitE, vitC, and my prenatal. This gave me an 11 day LP, and I o'd on cd16.

Starting in cycle 5 (current cycle), I began taking Vitex 1000 mg a day, along with my prenatal, vitB 100 complex, vit E, vit C, EPO until O and zinc. I am soooooooo happy to say that I ovulated on cd13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had one heck of an o day. EWCM with spotting and unbelievable cramps that made me squirm around on the couch. I'm just praying that all my stars have aligned and that this is my month. DH and I BD'ed on CDs 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 because I actually couldn't believe that I o'd on cd13. I was not expecting Vitex to help this quickly and was told that it wouldn't.

I am just so happy that I o'd earlier than I have been, and will be even more happier if my 7dpo spotting doesn't show up. That's my next battle.

Good luck to you all!

Can'twaitforu that's very positive news! I also have some positive news - on my second full cycle of taking both 50MG B6 and 800MB Red Raspberry Leaf my period didn't arrive until day 29 of the month (usually its 26 or 27) so although I didn't manage to get a positive OPK test this month (which was a bit worrying until I read that it happens to most people when they start B6) - so I'm hoping this means that whilst B6 hasn't made me ovulate earlier - its made the cycle longer - which therefore has still made my Luteal Phase longer - its all a bit of guess work but I at least feel positive about it. My period is painful - which is usual, and I didn't feel any other different symptons this month so I'm hoping that it is agreeing with me.

I'm also looking to change my pre-natal as I'm not sure its good enough.

Pinkpolkadot - I would say hang in there another month and see what happens. It is a bit worrying that we are all self-diagnosing and we don't really know if its all good but most stories about B6 on the web seem pretty positive. Stick to 50MG and give it another month or try Vitex instead (and Red Raspberry!) x

My body has seemed to adapt to the vitamins better this month. Last month was my first and I began them half way through. Now ive noticed everything feeling more even. I am not as emotional or crampy so I hope now I ovulate soon here. Im CD 12 and feel no signs of ovulation so getting a bit worried...

I have just started taking 50mg of vit B6 today, along with vit B complex to try and lengthen my LP - it currently 10 days, which I know is OK, but I would feel better if it was 11/12.

Have also taken soy this cycle - FX something works!

Massive and very helpful thread.Just wanted to let those who may be considering trying b6 know...I began taking a b complex 2 cycles ago to lengthan a 10 day lp.First month....10 day lp...big sigh...this month an impressive 13 days!Great news for my lp length....though it did get my hopes up that this was our month. Lots of luck ladies.

Hi everyone, new to this site and have been reading this entire thread...it's taken days to get through it all! :haha: I am currently on CD16 and I typically don't O until CD21/22 (I use the clearblue easy fertility monitor to track) but I got ewcm on CD14. But I also used opk's and no sign of O. Why would I get ewcm a week before I typically O? I don't think this is normal, but it's happened for the past few months.

I have a 16 month old boy (took over a year to conceive him) and have been trying for 4 cycles now for #2. My LP is 10/11 days and I've started on B50's since CD5. Hoping they will make the difference. I was almost positive that I was pregnant last month, to later find AF had gotten me. grrrr...... I asked my dr. about my LP and she didn't seem concerned but I am getting the 21 day progesterone test. Hopefully I O by then, or else wouldn't it be low??? So confused!

Oh and I also have been doing acupuncture because after 10 treatments, got my BFP with my first, so I'm doing it again. Didn't get my BFP like last time though and have been seeing him for over 2 months. Sorry for the long post!

Has anyone ever got watery CM, dizziness or nausea right after starting to take vit B6. I started taking it for the first time yesterday and soon after taking it this morning I got the above symptoms....just wondered if it was the B6 or maybe something else.

FF has said that I'm fertile today and it's only cd9!!

Janelle - if you can, get a test done at day 21, and then again 7 days after you ovulate. If not, the day 21 test will be low or look non-ovulatory when in fact you did ovulate. But if your 7 days after ovulation test is low, your doctor may just say thats beacause it was done 'too late'... very frustrating.. I've been through that!

Has anyone ever got watery CM, dizziness or nausea right after starting to take vit B6. I started taking it for the first time yesterday and soon after taking it this morning I got the above symptoms....just wondered if it was the B6 or maybe something else.

FF has said that I'm fertile today and it's only cd9!!

Hey katiekittykat

I have had watery CM and slight nausea in the early part of my B-vit cycles, but only when combined with soya. Though I reckon both these products are helping to lengthen my luteal phase and increase our chances of creating a sticky bean, I am relieved when I've 'done' my soya days, because I feel better again then for the rest of my cycle.

It's my 3rd B-vit cycle and I finally understand what people mean when they talk about eggwhite CM. This is one very positive effect of B-vits for me, although like some other ladies, I seem to be getting lots of CM over a relatively long period which makes it a less reliable indicator of ovulation.

Minky X

Massive and very helpful thread.Just wanted to let those who may be considering trying b6 know...I began taking a b complex 2 cycles ago to lengthan a 10 day lp.First month....10 day lp...big sigh...this month an impressive 13 days!Great news for my lp length....though it did get my hopes up that this was our month. Lots of luck ladies.

My LP had increased from a paltry 7/8 days (recorded in May and June) to a healthier 11 days last cycle since taking B-vits. Hope that it increases again this cycle (or I get my BFP - FX FX!!!)

Minky X

Hi everyone, new to this site and have been reading this entire thread...it's taken days to get through it all! :haha: I am currently on CD16 and I typically don't O until CD21/22 (I use the clearblue easy fertility monitor to track) but I got ewcm on CD14. But I also used opk's and no sign of O. Why would I get ewcm a week before I typically O? I don't think this is normal, but it's happened for the past few months.

I have a 16 month old boy (took over a year to conceive him) and have been trying for 4 cycles now for #2. My LP is 10/11 days and I've started on B50's since CD5. Hoping they will make the difference. I was almost positive that I was pregnant last month, to later find AF had gotten me. grrrr...... I asked my dr. about my LP and she didn't seem concerned but I am getting the 21 day progesterone test. Hopefully I O by then, or else wouldn't it be low??? So confused!

Oh and I also have been doing acupuncture because after 10 treatments, got my BFP with my first, so I'm doing it again. Didn't get my BFP like last time though and have been seeing him for over 2 months. Sorry for the long post!

Hey Janelle

My little boy just turned 2 last weekend - like you, it took us over a year to conceive our first LO. It seems we are also both seeing an acupuncturist (one month in now!) as well as taking B-vits. I'm also on my second soya isoflavones cycle.

Like you, my CM appears 'fertile' for quite a few days outside my apparent fertile window, although this cycle my most egg-whitey CM seems to be coinciding more closely with ovulation.

A word of advice: don't be surprised if B-vits help to shift your fertile period forward slightly, so make sure that you are prepared for stealth ovulation. My recommendation is to deploy some advance :spermy: troops in the upper cervix/uterus region in the days leading up to O-day, so that you'll be ready and waiting for a guerilla egg manoeuvre... :haha:

Minky X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->