Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi Ladies

I did on search on this topic, as last month I started taking proper notice of my days, and my luteal phase was only 8 days which I hear is very bad:nope:and im unlikely to be able to concieve:cry:so after reading all these posts I dont know whether to make a doctors appointment or keep going for a few months, what do you guys think??

I take a Vit B complex, but it only have 2mg of Vit B in so im going to buy some more tommorow anyway-cant hurt eh!!

Thanks you xx

Hi Ladies

I did on search on this topic, as last month I started taking proper notice of my days, and my luteal phase was only 8 days which I hear is very bad:nope:and im unlikely to be able to concieve:cry:so after reading all these posts I dont know whether to make a doctors appointment or keep going for a few months, what do you guys think??

I take a Vit B complex, but it only have 2mg of Vit B in so im going to buy some more tommorow anyway-cant hurt eh!!

Thanks you xx

Hi there i have been charting for 3mths
1st mth i was 9days lp
2nd mth i was 10 days lp
and im currently on 3rd so im waiting till after xmas and see what this cycle brings, then i may have a word with my dr. as i have read taking higher than 10mg of vit b-6 can cause numbness and tingling?? so think im going to wait and speak to dr. if it dont right itself:thumbup:

Hi Ladies

Thanks you xx

Hi there i have been charting for 3mths
1st mth i was 9days lp
2nd mth i was 10 days lp
and im currently on 3rd so im waiting till after xmas and see what this cycle brings, then i may have a word with my dr. as i have read taking higher than 10mg of vit b-6 can cause numbness and tingling?? so think im going to wait and speak to dr. if it dont right itself:thumbup:

Hiya:flower:
Thanks for replying, I thought originally id give it 3 months to get an average, now im just panicing a bit lol so ill take a deep breath and wait!

Iv been stressed cos I lost my job 6 weeks ago, could this affect it?
x

ps
im tempted to remove my ticker cos my ov days arent right!

Think stress plays a HUGE part on mucking up cycles !
i'm 28 and a mum of 2 my son is 7yrs old & my daughter is 5yrs old and i had no troubles getting pregnant before... but now i have noticed my lp is borderline-ish

give it a few more cycles and see how u go.. im taking a wellwoman pregnacare supplement x

Think stress plays a HUGE part on mucking up cycles !
i'm 28 and a mum of 2 my son is 7yrs old & my daughter is 5yrs old and i had no troubles getting pregnant before... but now i have noticed my lp is borderline-ish

give it a few more cycles and see how u go.. im taking a wellwoman pregnacare supplement x

Thanks hon, I was going to buy a supplement too this week x

your welcome i know it can be frustrating... im trying to chill with it

my lp increased by 1 day taking the vits, so try that and see x

giftmum - you take it your whole cycle (just like someone else already said, just wanted to answer you! :) )

Allie - Your progesterone varies throughout the day. It also varies a little from cycle to cycle. If it was drawn at 6dpo, I would have expected it to be a little bit higher than that.. though its possible it got closer to 10 by the next day, it was still going to be under 10. My doc told me the same thing about the blood test being too early as the reason mine was low on my first cycle.
It sounds like you're just barely under the normal range, so the progesterone cream might boost you enough to help.

As for the falling/low progesterone levels leading to miscarriage... that is an opinion that varies from doctor to doctor. Its true that a non-viable pregnancy will have falling progesterone levels, but there are so many cases where the HCG was going up just fine, but the progesterone was borderline/low and it fell low enough to cause the lining to shed and a mc followed.
I hope some of that info helps? :) It just sounds like you are almost at the normal levels and the progesterone cream effect isn't a big one, but it might be enough to boost you.

Thanks Lisa. I've been staring at the cream I bought and wondering if I should use it but I think I will tonight. Is 5dpo too late to start it? When should I stop it,or will AF show on her own? If I got a BFP would I have to keep taking it indefinitely? And is 1/4 tsp at night enough or should it be morning and night? Thanks again.

just to update - usually i start spotting on 11 dpo and then get AF the next day, making my LP an about 10/11 days...too short!

this month i took 50mg of B6 and a B complex every day starting at CD1 and my LP was a full 13 days with no spotting, just full AF on 13 dpo. total difference in one month!!!

great news whitglass!!

Allie - I'm really not an expert at the progesterone cream.. its usally pretty easy to get the prescription stuff once you are pregnant though, but I wouldn't stop the cream unless you switched to prescription stuff.

just to update - usually i start spotting on 11 dpo and then get AF the next day, making my LP an about 10/11 days...too short!

this month i took 50mg of B6 and a B complex every day starting at CD1 and my LP was a full 13 days with no spotting, just full AF on 13 dpo. total difference in one month!!!

thanks lisa! correction -- AF came on 14 DPO, hence the 13 day LP. either way i now swear by B vitamins for lengthening the luteal phase!:happydance:

Im close to ovulating according to opks- which means so far the vit b isnt helping push my ovulation up any:( I was hoping for that.....

nypage - what helped me to think about ovulation date, is that the bvitamin should give you a stronger ovulation... for some that means moving it forward, for some that means delaying, and for some it won't affect their O date at all. The important thing is to have strong progesterone after ovulation, not the date the egg is released :hugs:

Ok that helps my mindset about the vits a bit because I do believe I need prog as well. For some reason I thought I had a short LP, but with Oing on CD17-18 my LP would be aprox 12-13 days. Thats not bad, is it?
For some reason a lot of new things are dawning on me this month...meaning, O is always later than I thought it was, but doesnt mean its "late", and LP is really not very short, and my cyce is a tad longer than I thought! Lol. Not sure why its suddenly coming together for me after a year of TTC. !

My LP was 12 days or so, with some spotting for a few days before AF, and I DEFINITELY had a progesterone deficiency... which still counts as an LPD by the way!
So I understand your concerns. Have you had blood tests done at 7dpo yet to check your levels?

No my doctor doesnt seem to think that I need testing for anything because ive got a child and a pregnancy since and am 29:( So its all up to me I guess!

Just done a test, ovulating today-day 16, thats a bit better!!

off to :sex: LOL!!! Hubbys face when I told him its as many times as he can manage tonight-priceless!!!:haha:

ugh.. a simple blood test isn't asking much! I had a GYN like that... I switched to another who saw right away that I needed some testing/help.
Has your GYN never heard of secondary infertility? (not sure you qualify as infertile yet... just stating that having a child already does not mean you will have no trouble at all with the 2nd, 3rd etc). I'm 29 too and that first GYN told me I had plenty of time to have babies still... made me cry in his office. I kind of hate that guy. Just because you aren't 30 or 35 yet, doesn't mean you can afford to waste all kinds of time waiting around.
ARGH!
Sorry, just so frustrated for you! haha

I KNOW, specially with a MC?!?! I even know of a girl who was told once that her doc wouldnt do anything for her unless she had 3 CONSECUTIVE miscarriages....she would have one, then a successful pregnancy, then MC, then good one...etc....so it wasnt consecutive. Can you believe this stuff??

The GYN I went to last year with my MC was an Indian woman who, after saw the results of my US at my 9 week check, came in the room and said , "I suppose you expected this, right?"....there was no heartbeat, I had just found out. I expected this?!?? Really?? These doctors are pieces of work I tell ya. The less I can do with them, the best. I am only serious about TTC since about Aug of this year so I am going to allow myself a few more months until after a couple vacations we have planned are passed then look into testing for OH and myself....for now, I'll try on my own! Im 30 in march so getting old!

I'm 30 in August so I understand the age thing!! Doc's are SO frustrating! And yes, the 3 consecutive miscarriage thing is actually QUITE common! I love how many doctors also claim that home pregnancy tests give lots of false positives :dohh:
My friend managed to push for testing after 2 chemical pregnancies (got her BFP the day her period was due, then started AF the next day... got the 2nd one confirmed with a blood test)... and FYI, her issue was low progesterone with an LP of 10 days... so if she had lucked out one time and implanted extra early, its possible she wouldn't have MC'd and then wouldn't have had testing either.

That woman you saw at your 9 week US was unbelievable! :( I've gotten rude treatment from doctors before but that is just shocking!
The one really rude thing I remember was a doctor telling me that I needed to lose weight (duh!) and suggested I eat oatmeal for breakfast... oh really? Eating freaking oatmeal? Wow... why did I NEVER try that? Who knew it was So gosh darned simple? GRRRRR (and yes, the woman was like a size 2 :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->