Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I know- my Indian doctor was very unsympathetic with her pictures of children all over the front desk. Glad she thought I should have expected no heartbeat....sigh. But she was ok during my actual miscarrying by calling and checking on me and offering pain meds right away and such. So, i've forgiven her a bit...

This is my second month vit b, the first full cycle of using it so hope it gives a strong ovulation and my LP stays 13-14 days cuz then I wont be too worried. Otherwise maybe i'll pump it up to 100 mg.

Did you find a good one now that you are preggers? or is this the one who said lose weight...

i bought B-50 complex time released vitamins they have vit b6 50mg in them... have i bought the right ones ladies??

The weight loss one was back in high school.
I did try a new OB/GYN and like her a LOT so far... she's in the same practice as the other ones I've seen and got frustrated with over TTC stuff. I could still end up with one of them at the delivery :dohh: Not much choice on that kind of thing in my town though!

Nope not so much! When I had my daughter, they made me rotate through all of the docs at my practice even though I regularily saw the same one...just in case a diff one delivered me and so I knew them. Well, when it came down to it, an entirely different one from a different town came and delivered me so I didnt know her anyways! Lol. silly.

MRS- do they have same amt of the other B's too? 50 is fine at first. you can do 100 later if you decide to up them.

Hello! I´m new here.

Is need to take B6 in whole cycle? Or only immediately after ovulation?

I have problem with spotting. LF takes 10-16 days, spotting starts 4-5 days before menstruation
In actual cycle - now I´m 7DPO and I´m spotting for 2 days ](*,)

Hello again! Can I just ask a quicky? For the ladies on here who didn't see a + OPK on their first cycle taking B complex, did you still see a temp rise and did AF still arrive at the end of the cycle?

I have seen a temp rise and FF thinks (dotted lines) I have Ovd and am 5DPO but I have not really had the other signs and my (.)(.) are always sore after Ov but are not this time at all :wacko:

MRS- do they have same amt of the other B's too? 50 is fine at first. you can do 100 later if you decide to up them.

Hi there
yes every other B-vit has 50mg in it aswell.. :thumbup:
I asked the man that worked there what was better.. B6 or a complex B-vit and he said it was better to have a complex as then i wouldn't get un-balanced on the other vits :)

I have been on B50's since CD5 and I'm currently CD23 and today is O day according to my clearblue fertility monitor...but I could tell by O pains on my left side. I was nervous that the bvits were going to screw with my cycle since this is my first month taking them, but it's right on track still. I generally have a 34/35 day cycle, so hoping my LP is longer than 10 days this month. Time to get busy tonight with DH! :) The 2WW is going to kill me. Hoping the acupuncture, bvits and getting my body healthy will work for me this month!

I have been on B50's since CD5 and I'm currently CD23 and today is O day according to my clearblue fertility monitor...but I could tell by O pains on my left side. I was nervous that the bvits were going to screw with my cycle since this is my first month taking them, but it's right on track still. I generally have a 34/35 day cycle, so hoping my LP is longer than 10 days this month. Time to get busy tonight with DH! :) The 2WW is going to kill me. Hoping the acupuncture, bvits and getting my body healthy will work for me this month!

Good luck fx for you x

Hi ladies- could b vitamins in any case make me not ovulate? I had my almost positive OPKs and kept testing to catch the surge and they went pale again before I saw them completely positive...so wondering if they could cause no ovulation at all?

nypage - I don't know that vit Bs would do that... but girls seem to react differently to stuff? :shrug: I know I definitely ovulated on a cycle where I never got positive OPK.... I found temps to be much more reliable and detecting ovulation than OPKs.

Hi girls!

I'm taking B6 again, having a problem getting the doses you all seem to have. I/ve managed to get B6 25mg which is the biggest I can get, but they come in a tiny packet lol. THe B complex packets only contain 4mg of B6 over here. So I'll take 2 x 25mg tablets after ov - does that sound ok - any problems with it not being in a complex?

By the way, do you ladies also take vitamins C, E and A?

Hi girls!

I'm taking B6 again, having a problem getting the doses you all seem to have. I/ve managed to get B6 25mg which is the biggest I can get, but they come in a tiny packet lol. THe B complex packets only contain 4mg of B6 over here. So I'll take 2 x 25mg tablets after ov - does that sound ok - any problems with it not being in a complex?

By the way, do you ladies also take vitamins C, E and A?

im taking a vit b complex 50... it has 50mg of every b vit
can you order online? Vit B Comlex 50.... click me

I can't get stuff delivered over here very easily. Postal service is pants and 50% of stuff goes missing :(

It should be a complex because otherwise it can work against you. Why is postal so bad? Is Bulgaria old fashioned?

Bulgaria is broken lol! A lot of companies won't deliver here in the first place, and the ones that do charge a lot of postage, and then it will most probably not arrive anyway. Yeah, Bulgaria is old-fashioned - it's like living in the 1970s! :rofl:

What are the risks of not taking the complex? Is it just B12 I should try to get hold of?

the b12 is one of the important ones as far as concieiving goes (its important to prevent miscarriages from what I read). Folic acid is also a B-vitamin... but there are several others and its just considered better/easier for your body to absorb if you take all the b vits in equal amounts
(again, from what I've read)

Thanks! I figured I can probably take a dose of the complex 50mg which contains 4mg B6, plus 50mg B6. I also take folic separately. Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?

I have spotting from 7dpo and LP is waivering between 9-11 days currently so I'm hoping this works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->