Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in, but I have just posted a question in first tri about vitamin b6 and then I found this very long thread!!! Obviously I haven't read all of it, so sorry if this question has been answered before, but any advice would be great. When I was TTC, I too found out I had a LPD of between 8 and 10 days. Tried AC and 50mg of B6 for a while but didn't seem to help. Then I went to 100mg of B6 for 2 months and finally got my bfp! I was worried about suddenly stopping it, so carried on taking it until I was about 7.5/8 weeks. I wanted to reduce the amount gradually, but got some B6 from Tesco that was only 10mg. So took 20mg a day for a few days. I started getting quite a lot of cramping on these days, so thought I would try the 100mg again and it stopped - no pains at all!
Then I was worried about taking so much so last 2 days I tired 10mg and tonight it seems the cramping has started again. I know cramps are common in early pregnancy but is this a coincidence?!! Shall I just carry on with the 100mg? Until when?

summerbreeze - thats a tough question! I think I would keep on with the 100mg until the first trimester was over and the placenta has taken over...
I know they give some women B6 to counteract morning sickness... so it is probably safe to keep taking (though of course check with your midwife!)

Yes, we did it every 2nd day from CD13 up until CD23 so I know that we have lots of advance practice, my poor DH was wiped out by the end, we haven't done it that much in a long time! I'm only 5DPO right now, I can't wait to see how long my LP is this month, or fingers crossed, AF doesn't show her ugly face! Typically AF would show her face on Boxing Day. Sure would be a nice Christmas present, but I'll only be 10DPO then, so probably too early to test. The 2WW is so tough!

Hi girls, I've been doing the B6 at 50MG (on top of my pre-natal which has 6mg) plus 1000MG Red Raspberry leaf and 500MG Vitex for the past 2 months and I've just had another month with no positive OPK tests. This is starting to really stress me out as we've been TTC for one year and I've had positive OPK tests every month for that year - but then I start taking all the vitamins and no positive OPK. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I stop taking all the vits and herbs straight away and go back to how I was? I started taking them because I was getting an OPK positive on day 16 but my cycle was only 26 days long - so I self-diagnosed my luteal phase was too short. Last month my cycle stretched to 29 days for the first time in years - so I assumed the vits and herbs were all working, but now I'm worried they have somehow stopped me ovulatinbg! Any help welcome. Thank you!

Hi girls, I've been doing the B6 at 50MG (on top of my pre-natal which has 6mg) plus 1000MG Red Raspberry leaf and 500MG Vitex for the past 2 months and I've just had another month with no positive OPK tests. This is starting to really stress me out as we've been TTC for one year and I've had positive OPK tests every month for that year - but then I start taking all the vitamins and no positive OPK. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I stop taking all the vits and herbs straight away and go back to how I was? I started taking them because I was getting an OPK positive on day 16 but my cycle was only 26 days long - so I self-diagnosed my luteal phase was too short. Last month my cycle stretched to 29 days for the first time in years - so I assumed the vits and herbs were all working, but now I'm worried they have somehow stopped me ovulatinbg! Any help welcome. Thank you!

OPKs are not to be trusted 100%. I would may be do BBT charting while taking the vitamins, to be sure whether you are ovving or not, and exactly how long your LP is (if you are ovving). xxx

Thanks Magicvcw, I did wonder that but it seems a strange co-incidence that they worked for me every month for a year, then suddenly not after taking the vits and herbs - I might try the temperature taking next month.

CRC - you haven't switched brands of OPKs or anything have you? Different brands work different. But I totally agree about needing to chart your BBT to be sure. Maybe your surge is just shorter now and you're missing your surge? :shrug:

Can i ask if any one has had children before then had a borderline lp?
i have 2 children conceived first cycle... but now ttc #3 i seem to have a borderline lp?

thanks

well ive had 10 children and only noticed i had a lp of 8-10 days when ttc no,10 so i havent a clue if ive always been like that or not,sorry i couldnt help more.xx

I started taking b6 last month and it increased my LP from 9 days to 16 days! My period was 7 days late, so you can imagine what I was thinking! Unfortunately I got my period, but am hoping for better results in the near future!

Can i ask if any one has had children before then had a borderline lp?
i have 2 children conceived first cycle... but now ttc #3 i seem to have a borderline lp?

thanks

well ive had 10 children and only noticed i had a lp of 8-10 days when ttc no,10 so i havent a clue if ive always been like that or not,sorry i couldnt help more.xx

Thank you for your reply... Wow 10 children:thumbup:

Hi Lisa, yes I did just use a new brand this month of OPK's so that could be it! You don't think I should stop the vits/herbs or be worried its them affecting it in anyway? I've also had no ovulation symptons either which I usually get... When you chart your temperature do you need to do it every day of the month? I've never done it before but I realize its more accurate and also free so I should! Thanks for the help.

Hi CRC

For best results you do need to chart every day, but it's not the end of the world if you miss a day here or there, as long as it's not around ov time! WHen you've charted for a bit you will get to know your normal range of temps, and will be able to skip more days without any risk. Check out the free charting lessons on fertility friend! x

how long were you taking b vits before you saw a increase in lp? thanks

I started taking it about a week or two before I ovulated and it stretched out my LP an extra week. I thought it was crazy, but it must work!

Thanks Magicvw, I am on fertility friend so I will start using the temperature chart.

how long were you taking b vits before you saw a increase in lp? thanks

I started taking it about a week or two before I ovulated and it stretched out my LP an extra week. I thought it was crazy, but it must work!

Thank you, i started taking mine exactly a week before Ovulation...on cd9 and im on cd19 today (4dpo) im still taking them now :thumbup: fx then

I started taking 100mg a day of B6 this month (everyday) and no longer am spotting before AF. Every month for the past 9 months I have spotted 2-3 days before AF began, but this month, nada! Of course, this led me to believe I might be pregnant but I'm pretty sure I'm not because I tested today at 13 dpo with a FRER and it was :bfn: of course :growlmad: But B6 definitely has worked for me!

i took 50mg b6 and it lengthened my LP from 11 days to 13 days no spotting. Although i started to get night sweats and my BBT was always super high, even pre O. so this month i stopped taking the extra b6 and the night sweats stopped. we'll see if my LP stays long!

and tracy - you can still get a BFP, 13 dpo BFNs happen!!

I started taking 100mg a day of B6 this month (everyday) and no longer am spotting before AF. Every month for the past 9 months I have spotted 2-3 days before AF began, but this month, nada! Of course, this led me to believe I might be pregnant but I'm pretty sure I'm not because I tested today at 13 dpo with a FRER and it was :bfn: of course :growlmad: But B6 definitely has worked for me!

did it increase your lp? mine has been 9days and 10days so far:shrug:

i took 50mg b6 and it lengthened my LP from 11 days to 13 days no spotting. Although i started to get night sweats and my BBT was always super high, even pre O. so this month i stopped taking the extra b6 and the night sweats stopped. we'll see if my LP stays long!

Can i ask what you mean by stopping the extra B6? i get night sweats after Ovulations anyway:shrug:

did it increase your lp? mine has been 9days and 10days so far:shrug:

Can i ask what you mean by stopping the extra B6? i get night sweats after Ovulations anyway:shrug:

I'm not sure if it increased my luteal phase yet because today is 14 dpo and AF is due. Still no spotting at all though which is weird for me. My lp is always 14 with spotting starting on day 11 or 12. My temps are still high, higher than they've ever been actually which I've heard from other ladies can also happen with b6. I will keep you posted on how long lp is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->