Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi folks!
Just found this thread, and thought I could contribute.
Been TTC for 2 and a bit years now. Regular 26 to 30 day cycles. Self-diagnosed LPD - about 9 or 10 days. Got "low end of normal" progesterone, but all tests inc lap and dye supposedly normal. In fact, here in Glasgow, the uro-gyn and ob-gyn I've seen are total disbelievers in LPD, disregarded my own temp charting and OPK testing entirely. Quite demoralising! So on the list for OI-IUI, NHS so will be about August next year.
Anyhoo - I used B100 from Holland & Barrett (which has 100mg B6 along with other B vitamins and folic acid) for a good 6 months last year, and it gave me an extra day or 2 of luteal phase. It also stopped my PMS and I had great skin and nails!
After a break, feeling more positive and back on it and also Agnus Castus - get that progesterone boosted and aiming for serious bumpage in 2011!
Baby dust to you all - Merry Christmas!

I'm on my 2nd cycle of using agnus castus, 1st cycle lengthened LP from 10 to 15 days, very happy and was impressed at the difference in only 1 month of taking them! x

Well I'm 12 DPO now and no AF...decided not to test this morning as I'm sure she's on her way. Felt for my cervix last night and noticed some brownish color on my toilet paper after I wiped (sorry tmi), so I'm probably out for this month. I was so disappointed last night I had to have a good cry. It was so disheartening. I don't know why I was so nauseous the past 3 or 4 days, but I think I'm getting my typical back pain/cramps. Stupid AF!!! On the plus side though, my LP increased from 10 days, so far up to 12 days. That's good I guess. The waiting game continues.....

Well I spoke too soon, just went to use the bathroom and there she was, stupid AF. Guess I'll be trying again in Jan....I hate that my stupid cycles are so long. I have to wait another 23/24 days until O....grrrr...

ive just started taking vit b 6 to lenglthen my LP. i got AF back in aug after BF my daughter and since then its got shorter and shorter! last cycle was 10 days! buti did have an early MC the cycle before so not sure if that contributed but still wasnt happy with 10 days! i track ov with CBFM and OPKs (aswell as i get ovulation pains!) so know when im ovulating. so im taking soy days 3-7 and 50mg of vit b6 (along side perental suplement which contains my folic acid) seeing how fast it works on some ladies on this thread, im hoping my LP will be slightly longer this cycle and hope to get a BFP for my birthday! would be the best!

Well I spoke too soon, just went to use the bathroom and there she was, stupid AF. Guess I'll be trying again in Jan....I hate that my stupid cycles are so long. I have to wait another 23/24 days until O....grrrr...

Keep smiling Janelle :). I know it's naff, especially with the long cycles. If nothing else, at least you made it to 12dpo so hang on to that.

Have you considered taking soy? It moved my ov forward by 14 days this cycle. Might be worth a try?

Keep smiling Janelle :). I know it's naff, especially with the long cycles. If nothing else, at least you made it to 12dpo so hang on to that.

Have you considered taking soy? It moved my ov forward by 14 days this cycle. Might be worth a try?

Can you tell me more about soy? I don't know much about it...how much, when, etc? Where do I get it from? It would be great if my ov moved forward!

Hello ladies! I officially think the B vits may have stopped ovulation/period this month. I had almost positive OPK ( missed the surge) and O pains and was a bit worried I didnt O since I missed the surge...but now i've not gotten AF either. I woke with horrible AF cramping 5 days ago and expected AF to show....but nothing. Bb pain is still here and usually have that before AF and then goes away when she shows but they're still sore so think that AF is either super late, or not coming:( I had a tinge, just one tinge, of brown 2 days ago and thought AF was starting and it didnt. Im so aggravated because if im not getting period (which i've not missed ever), then that means the vitamins messed things up and I dont need more problems. Dont know if I should stop them or continue.

YES. An internet cheapie each morning. Sigh. Stark white. I dont know what is going on? Ive been so proud of my regular cycles for years now. Guess it could be an off month but im not sold on that idea.

gosh thats so weird! I know my ICs were so white I doubted they even put the test strip on them :haha: but when I was pregnant I did get a definite, but faint line.

hmmm, how many days ago did you get the almost positive opk?

the almsot positive opk was CD 16.....which now would have been 2 weeks ago I think......For some reason I cant do the math at the moment but it would have been tuesday or wed of 2 weeks ago so I should be about 12/13 DPO if I actually ovulated.

hmm, still possible to get BFNs at 13dpo... until you're 15/16dpo I wouldn't say you haven't ovulated yet.. very very very frustrating though!!!!

Sure is! Especially when I kind of feel guilty about it....you know, the more you do the more you mess things up sort of guilt. I have decided that regardless, I will continue the vitamin B one more cycle and see what happens. I believe in giving things a few months to figure themselves out. And PRAY im not messing things up with these vitamins and my hopes for a baby bump!

are you going to chart your temp next cycle? It was the best way for me to know for sure that ovulation had happened.

well ive been taking Vit B complex since cd9 and im (cd25) 10dpo today

My temp rose again today, and FF has recongised a Possible Triphasic on Day 22 never had that before

quoting FF: "A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse."

Its looking good for me but keeping my fingers crossed

Looking good mrsrichrs2k!! :dust:

Well I've been taking 50mg B6 plus 50mg B complex every day for about 2 weeks and I have had no spotting so far! :yipee: I spot every month usually for 5 days before af, LP varies from 9-11 days. Last month I spotted 7-11dpo then AF. Now I am 10dpo and nothing! I am also taking a half dose of progesterone daily so I can't be sure that it's the B6 working its magic - except that I have taken progesterone many times before and it didn't have a great effect on spotting! So I'm a believer! :D

[/QUOTE]Can you tell me more about soy? I don't know much about it...how much, when, etc? Where do I get it from? It would be great if my ov moved forward![/QUOTE]

There's a whole thread on soy here: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid-newpost.html

Loads of information in there including success stories, dosage advice, do's and don'ts etc.

On my first cycle with it I took about 120mg cd 3-7 but for the last one I took 160mg cd3-5 and then upped the dosage to 200mg cd 6-7.

I'm not sure where to get it from in the US, I think someone on the forum said Walmart but not 100% sure.

Have a look at the thread and feel free to ask me any questions :)

well ive been taking Vit B complex since cd9 and im (cd25) 10dpo today

My temp rose again today, and FF has recongised a Possible Triphasic on Day 22 never had that before

quoting FF: "A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse."

Its looking good for me but keeping my fingers crossed

Looking good!!!

The witch got me this morning :( On the plus side I did manage to get to 10dpo though...

Good luck, MrsRichrs2k!

Sorry about AF fallenangel78.

I was taking a B 50 complex but have now switched to a 100 mg B6 and a B12 instead of the complex. Is it okay to switch like this? And is it possible the higher dose of B6 will mess up my cycle?

I got tired of taking the smelly B complex pill everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->