• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Congrats aussie, wish you all the best. I hope the bcomplex magic works for the rest of us to. :hugs:

Well, I have been taking B50 complex from CD6 approx last cycle. I O'd approx 2 days earlier last cycle...when I say approx is because FF had O has CD15 but thats when I got my first + opk...so I don't know if that is 100% correct if so then I O'd 3 days earlier. But I still starting spotting 3 days before AF was due but including the spotting I had an LP of 14 (11 without spotting). So this month I have decide to continue taking the B50's straight through my cycle as I stopped at O last cycle.

I O'd on CD16 this month which is the average day for a 30 day cycle...so I have my fingers crossed that either I don't get AF or if I do then there is no spotting.

I'll keep everything crossed for you, Irish! :happydance:

Hopefully your body will respond with a :bfp: when u take the Vit B throughout the whole cycle.

All the best. :hugs:

Irish - best of luck and hope this one ends in a :bfp:

I'm so pleased I found this site! I'm nearly at the end of my first cycle taking extra B-50's and so far am on 12DPO and usually I only get as far as 11DPO :happydance: don't think it'll end if a bfp as have no symptoms but am so pleased I might actually get to have a 2ww and not 11day wait! Thanks for all the fab advice!

Sonny, stay positive!! You're not out til the :witch: shows her ugly face!

HOPE YOU GET THAT :bfp:!!! :hugs:

Growl! Old :witch: caught up with me BUT the day she started to arrive I got to 13DPO!!! Wahhhhoooo! Will keep going on the same dose and hope for the same and a bfp next month. How's everyone else getting on? Any B50 bfp's yet?!

Oh, Sonny. Sorry about the arrival of the :witch:.

BUT how awesome about your luteal phase length!! :dance:

I see a cycle of opportunity beginning! All the best. :hugs:

Well ladies after a month and a half of taking B50's...well this month I took it all through my cycle. I O'd earlier at CD16..my cycle reduced from 30 to 29 and my LP is now 13 days. However, I am still spotting 3 days before full flow which means I go 10DPO before spotting. Do you think I should take 2 capsules a day this month to see if it will reduce the spotting? V?

Thx

I have just realised that I already told you all this. :laugh2:

But if anyone has any ideas of how to reduce the spotting before Af would be great.

Irish - best of luck and hope this one ends in a :bfp:

I'm so pleased I found this site! I'm nearly at the end of my first cycle taking extra B-50's and so far am on 12DPO and usually I only get as far as 11DPO :happydance: don't think it'll end if a bfp as have no symptoms but am so pleased I might actually get to have a 2ww and not 11day wait! Thanks for all the fab advice!

Thats great! Its encouraging to hear such positive stories. I think the AF got you, but the LP was longer so that is still promising.

But if anyone has any ideas of how to reduce the spotting before Af would be great.

I think you could try upping the dosage to see if that helps with the spotting. The most important time as you know is before O, so definitely start with 100mg now. I hope this works!

hey, Well I've been taking B50 all month. I ov'd on cd14 as expected. BUT last month I spotted from 5dpo and I'm now at 7dpo and no spotting! woo hoo.

Had my cervix checked for erosion (non) and had a smear (not got the results yet). The doc is sending me for an US to check to see if I have a polyp - which can cause spotting/irregular bleeding and prevent a BFP! I 'll let you know how I get on in a couple of weeks.

But if you find you've got lots of spotting and long periods (with spotting I'm at 14 days - urgh) then it's worth talking to your doc to get things checked out. Cervical erosion shouldn't interfere with TTC, so it's good news if the spotting is that AFIK.

Yay for no spotting! I know you have been simply plagued!

I think you could try upping the dosage to see if that helps with the spotting. The most important time as you know is before O, so definitely start with 100mg now. I hope this works!

Thanks hun...I have bought B100s this month and started last night so see if this works...hopefully I won't find out because I will get a bfp instead.

Hello

hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I just wondered if you have any idea about whether or not I might have low progesterone levels.

I've been dabbling in temp charting (not as committed as I should be) and have realised that my although I see a dip then a distinctive rise after ovulation (which is consistent with EWCM and Ov pain) my temps then drop back to around where they were pre ov, about 3dpo. This would seem to indicate falling progesterone levels. However I have had a Day 21 progesterone test which said my Prog levels were normal.

What do you think? Maybe I am taking my temp wrong but you would think the fact that I can detect the ov rise discounts that.

am v confused and stressed about this as been ttc for almost a year now. Due to have a hospital appt. in June so the doc isn't really interested in helping me at this stage. Any advice appreciated.

Hi Kasey.

In my understanding, it is Progesterone that maintains the high temps after ovulation. If you were seeing a dip at 3-4dpo and then another rise, I'd be thinking it's probably a second surge of Estrogen. But since your temp is staying down it could be fairly likely that you do have lower Progesterone levels, which could significantly delay getting that :bfp:!!

You could try taking the B Vitamin Complex, as others on this post have been and/or using Progesterone cream during your luteal phase (between ovulation and :witch:).

Vestirse may have more to add. :blush:

All the best. :hugs:

That can signal low progesterone I agree, but could I take a look at your chart? I agree with starting B-50 first sand seeing if that helps you. I would not move on to progesterone cream or supplements until we determine that it did not help because using external prog cream is big responsibility with side effects and if you forget to take it it God forbid, you could induce a miscarriage, whereas B Vits are relatively benign at can help a lot of women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->