• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I can verify what Irish Eyes says about the dosage. You should be fine. If you're worried though, just take half of your prenatal.

It does no harm to start taking the BVits now. They are said to help with PMS anyway, so not a bad thing. I'm unsure your spotting is due to an LPD simply because it only started after your ectopic, which I'm sorry to hear about. I know your body can go wonky after anything like that happens. How many cycles have you spotted in your LP?

If it is a problem with your lining, many women recommend taking baby aspirin. I don't know the exact dosage though, 80 something.

Every cycle since my EP, so 4 I guess. I did start to take BCP for about 2 weeks 2 months after my EP, but I didn't like the side effects so I stopped. I wonder if 2 weeks of the BCP could cause a problem? I've always had spotting leading up to my AF, but only 1 or 2 days at the most. Never a week leading up to like I do now.

Would the B-50 with addition folic acid be enough vitamins in place of my prenatal?

I'm thinking about maybe cutting out the prenatal all together and actually taking two of my b-50 which would give me 800 folic and 100 b-complex. Do you think 100 is too much to start out on?

I would think that the prenatal will give you a good range of other vits in addition to folic and bvits so I would probably keep taking it as well.

I know you are worried, but I think it's better to start out low and go high. You can do it though if you want to, the most important thing is the folic acid, but I tend to side with Mrs. G in that I took half my prenatal dosage and my B-50.

Yeah, I decided to stick with 1 of the B-50 a day and half my prenatal. We'll see how it goes and I can always move up to B-100.

Good luck thumbshoes, I hope you find the right combination for you. :hugs:

Thank you bklove-- I hope it will help! Staying positive and will make sure to get into the DR asap. I have an appointment this Friday but I may have to cancel it due to AF arriving and it including my annual exam. Sucks because I've waited a month for the appointment but it'll all work out in perfect timing! And I'll let everyone here know how it works for my next cycle and/or what the DR has to say.

So um... everything I have read both here and googling about the internet says that the B6 will not work in your current LP when you start to take it after ovulation. But, this is my 2nd day of taking it and I have not seen one sign of spotting today. I'm really confused! Am I misunderstanding how it works-- can it really have an affect in the middle of my LP? Of course, it's only a bit over half the day through so I still have a good 5 hours or so for the rest of my day... but, wow! What do you all think?

I don't think it could, but dare we hope you do NOT actually have an LPD? But continue what seems to work if ti can't hurt, I always say!

I certainly hope so! I don't plan on stopping and I'll discuss it with my DR.

Hi all, just a bit of an update...

:witch: got me today :cry: but...

Ov'd really late (cd19) but with bvits lp stayed same length at 12 days

Guess this is good??

Guess this is good??

Sorry to hear that the darn :witch: got you, but yes, I think it's really positive that your lp stayed at a healthy length. How you feeling? :hug:

Guess this is good??

I'm so sorry! It is good that your LP stayed. That means the BVits did do their job, your eggies just needed a bit more time to ripen correctly. Late O is not always a bad thing. As long as the egg is ripening fine, not too mature or immature, nothing is wrong, it jsut took a bit longer to get to that point for whatever reason. I got preggo last month from a cycle with late O.

Thanks girls. Feel strangely fine and quite calm after inital tears. Isn't it strange how af arrival can actually be a bit of a relief after the torment of 2ww!!??! I kinda feel back in control (a bit!)

Another cycle of possibilities Mrs G!

Hi, ladies.

I first found this thread in January, did some more research and decided this B complex was worth a shot!

Some background:

- We have a 2 year old. It took us almost 12 months to conceive her. I was not charting, didn't know a thing about conception and kept getting told "it will happen eventually". I now understand why it took so long. :dohh:
- We started ttc this baby just like the first one. Having lots of sex, around day 14 of each cycle. Hmmm. We carried on like this for 8 mths, and then I realised it probably wasn't going to happen as easy as I'd thought (you know, once you've conceived one you'll be fine!!). :hissy:
- I started charting 4 mths ago and realised in my 31 day cycle I have only a 10 day lp. I didn't think this was a huge problem until I researched and found this thread!
- This was my first cycle taking 2 tablets B50 complex per day (from CD 5, straight after my period ended) and also 2 tablets 1g Chaste Tree (from CD 5 until CD 24, when I ovulated).

I usually ovulate on CD 21 and then have a 31 day cycle. However, this month I ended up getting a UTI on CD 21 that in hindsight think made me ovulate late, on CD 24. (I know some ladies have been nervous about ovulating late when trying the vitamin B complex, but it's OK! The LP is what counts!)

Anyway, after 12 mths of ttc, I'm happy to give you hope and let you know that the first time I tried vitamin B complex and Chaste Tree, I FINALLY GOT A :bfp:!!! :happydance:

To all of you beautiful ladies ttc, :hugs: your turn is just around the corner.

(Sorry for the lengthy post!)

Thans Aussie Jen for posting this, it gives us all hope who are TTC. Congratulations by the way!

I took B50 complex from CD14 last month and I o'd 1 day early. I'm now taking two tablets this cycle and I O'd on CD16 which is three days earlier than last cycle, however I'm only 8DPO and I have, what looks like the start of my AF :) Fingers cross its IB, but not convinced yet. I'm going to keep taking B50 next cycle.

I've never heard of Chaste Tree so I'm off to look that one up on google.

Thanks again!

Chaste Tree is the generic plant name (shelf name Vitex). The botanical name is Vitex Agnus-Castus. I'm sure you've heard of one of those!

There is a little bit of anecdotal evidence from women out there that it may cause early miscarriages. Didn't want to take that chance, so just took it til O day.

Good luck, girls! I'm sure you'll all have the :baby: you're dreaming of real soon!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->