Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thanks so much for replying so quickly, have updated my chart and included it below. I've barely slept for worrying about this all night! After 12 months ttc you would think I had figured this out by now! :dohh:

It's been a bit of a eureka moment. I guess I just presumed my Prog levels were ok because I'd taken that test. Other weird thing is I get all the other prog signs, bad skin, sore boobs, etc.
Running out to get B50 this morning!!

For some reason my ticker isn;t working in this thread - if you look in the testing area there is a thread called text where it did work - sorry to make this harad work! Really appreciate any views on my chart...

At the risk of having a conversation with myself here just wanted to add, my LP is always, and I mean always, even when ov is late - 14 days on the nose! another good sign which confuses things huh?
Right I'll leave you ladies to do your analysis, my FF ticker can be seen on my home/profile page btw, no idea why I'm having so many problems with my ticker!

This part of the forum doesn't allow tickers! No clue why! Going to look at your chart now...

Well, in your latest chart, your temp is going down, so I can see the concern, but temps can range. Take B-50 and see where that gets you. The signs you are having all point to prog being fine, but that doesn't mean there aren't other factors there. Unfortunately, it won't do anything until your next cycle, but we'll see where it goes from there.

Thanks V,
We sort of missed ov this month so I wasn't really expecting a BFP this month anway, but it makes me wonder if this is where the root of my unexplained fertility lies. I might post in long term to see if anyone else has had anything like this, i.e. low temps but long LP.
I'll post in here to update once I have tried Vit B next cycle.

Hope you're enjoying your first tri!

Aw thanks, I would love that.

And just have to say how much I enjoy your journal - I almost read the whole thing in one sitting! You should write a book!

Hi, Kasey.

If I may offer my 2 cents worth, I wouldn't consider your temps to be particularly low. I was presuming you meant dropping below your coverline and plummeting from there.

I would even go as far as saying that this month doesn't look to bad for a :bfp:, but don't want to rise false hopes and am just hypothesising!

I was never one for VERY high temps (i.e. a big gap between coverline and temp) after ovulation, even getting alot of them close to my coverline (even in the month I found out I was pregnant).

It could very well be just your second surge of estrogen.

V, do you agree or am I far left field here?

To get a better understanding, this is my chart the month I got my :bfp: (I'm hoping this works!):

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?redirect=/ttc/index.php&

Ok, didn't work. :(

Well, to give you an idea my temps are as follows:

Coverline = 36.55C
O day = 36.2
1DPO = 36.6
2DPO = 36.7
3DPO = 36.7
4DPO = 36.5 (yes, below coverline)
5DPO to 8DPO = 36.7
9DPO = 36.8
10DPO = 36.9
11DPO = 36.8
12DPO = 36.7
13DPO = 36.8
14DPO = 37.0 (BFP)

I have a usual LP of 10 days, and had been taking B complex for this cycle only. Perhaps it could work for you in terms of increasing your progesterone levels, but I'm not really sure that's a problem for you.

Hmmmm... :dohh:

You are not in far left field hun, but while the rise does look impressive, the temps after 3dpo are in like with her pre-O temps and you usually see a sustained rise of a couple of degrees (I think .1 or .2 Celsius and .2 to .4 Fahrenheit) above those after Ov. I think coverline is very arbitrary so I am not taking that into account.

And kasey, thank you for the compliments on my journal. We can all appreciate insanity no? ;)

We shall see and hope for the best. It could be nothing!! Could be high pre-O temps for whatever reason. Have we established that this is a normal pattern?

BTW - kasey have you considered vaginal temping? I'm not sure what method you are using so if already vaginal I apologize, but vaginal temps are far more accurate than oral temps.

:( Sigh. So another month with b50 and another short LP - in fact my shortest!
No spotting and I was feeling positive, I even had sore bubs, which I don't normally have, but bright red flow from last night and this morning at 9 dpo. FF has me with and 8 day LP.
my temp dropped yesterday but I had my fingers crossed for implantation dip, but I think there is too much blood. My temp is up today, but it often is during AF.

Grr. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what my U/S says - but I've not had spotting this month...so maybe it's not a polyps...
:( not a happy bunny.

:( Sigh. So another month with b50 and another short LP - in fact my shortest!
No spotting and I was feeling positive, I even had sore bubs, which I don't normally have, but bright red flow from last night and this morning at 9 dpo. FF has me with and 8 day LP.
my temp dropped yesterday but I had my fingers crossed for implantation dip, but I think there is too much blood. My temp is up today, but it often is during AF.

Grr. I guess I'll just have to wait to see what my U/S says - but I've not had spotting this month...so maybe it's not a polyps...
:( not a happy bunny.

Sorry to hear about the short LP hun :hugs:

Maybe it is best if you took 100mg of B vitamins to see if that works...I have been taking B50s and my LP is 13 days however I am spotting 2-3 days of that so I have started taking 100mg this month to see if that will reduce the spotting. And are you taking it all through you cycle? If you are not then maybe you should consider this.

Another thing that I think you should consider taking is Angus Castus/Vitex/Chaste berry (all the same thing) to increase your progesterone. Have a read of this. Vitex I know this thread is only for B Vitamins but there is other thread that talk about AC/V/CB so maybe you should have a look at those.

Hope this helps hun.

Yes, I'd up the dose of B6 or try other remedies. I am very sorry this hasn't worked for you :(

PS - seems they've eliminated the special section! This is now regular trying to conceive!

Yes, I can highly recommend taking the Vitex til O Day, too. :thumpup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->