Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Ok....im scared that the vit b is what GOT me the bfp since you know i thought i had the bad progesterone issue...so im scared poopless to stop it! haha

lol it should be perfectly fine to keep taking! So happy for you!!!

I'm wondering how quickly the B-6 works?
I just started taking it this cycle, and I expected it to take a cycle to work at least.
I usually have a 10 DPO. Today is 10 DPO with still normal post-O temps and no spotting. I'm trying not to get excited just yet!

I'm just wondering if the B-6 could be adding a day or two to my cycle already. hmmm

nypage -congrats hun! :dance:

snipssnails - I got a good response from B6 the very first cycle and subsequent further improvements with each cycle. nxx

Hey girls-

I think I have a bfp!!!- super light, hope it sticks- but just wondering if I should continue taking the vit b complex 50 mg or can i quit it? I just dont want to quit and cause a MC or something? Eeek!

Hey that is amazing!!! Congrats!!! So can I ask how you did it, haha? The last time we talked on this thread you were still not getting any positive O tests (like me) so I'm really glad you didn't take me advice and do what I did and stop the B6 - but did you then get a positive O test or did you give up on those? I'm so happy for you! You should definately stay on the B6 - I read somewhere that if you are taking B6 cause of a short luteal phase and you then get pregnant you should keep on for the first few months and they give it out for morning sickness anyway.

We went to our first appointment at the fertility clinic yesterday and now have to start the tests - blood tests for hormones and other stuff for me and sperm test for him. I told her about the b6 and she said she had never heard of it, she then went to ask her supervisor who had also never heard of taking it. Its very strange... but I'm so glad to hear another success story with you. Makes me wonder if I should have kept it up...

Let me know.

Look after yourself! x

Thanks girls! I have NO idea how I did it since ive not had a positive OPK in 2 months I began temping 3 days ago so that I could show my doctor! lol. apparently i was missing it??? IDK! thats what OH said "OMG, how did that happen hunny?!??" cuz ive been complaining to him about my annovulatory cycles so much. I kept OPK testing and maybe my IC's are true shit then cuz never got the positive!

Ive been on b 50 complex CRC- should i ony be on b6?

What time of day were you doing the OPKs hun? Also did you you get a faint line, or no lines at all? Your story is amazing- just goes to prove that OPKs can be crap!! lol. Very happy for you! :D

congrats NYPAGE. its so nice to hear that you got a BFP... i did not read all the posts but from what i can see is that you had a progesterone problem and got pregnant with a high and not a peak?

i have the same problem. both my progesterone and oestrogen are low and the meds are not helping. i am on my first month using CBFM and have been having a high since cd9 and now i am on cd 11. i took b6 for 2months and stopped them because my doctor said its not good to take them more than 2 months. they did not help me with progesterone... so you also did not have any cm??? sorry for the questions but i feel good talking to someone who is in the same situation like me :))

Thanks girls! I have NO idea how I did it since ive not had a positive OPK in 2 months I began temping 3 days ago so that I could show my doctor! lol. apparently i was missing it??? IDK! thats what OH said "OMG, how did that happen hunny?!??" cuz ive been complaining to him about my annovulatory cycles so much. I kept OPK testing and maybe my IC's are true shit then cuz never got the positive!

Ive been on b 50 complex CRC- should i ony be on b6?

That is such a brilliant story, well done! Personally if I was you I would not stop or change anything that you are/have been taking - you can try googling it and also ask in a vitamin shop but I think you just need to stay exactly as you are. Keep us posted and look after yourself Do you think you wrere ovulating much earlier than you were testing? that's what I wondered about myself, anyway I'm so glad it worked for you! x

congrats NYPAGE. its so nice to hear that you got a BFP... i did not read all the posts but from what i can see is that you had a progesterone problem and got pregnant with a high and not a peak?

i have the same problem. both my progesterone and oestrogen are low and the meds are not helping. i am on my first month using CBFM and have been having a high since cd9 and now i am on cd 11. i took b6 for 2months and stopped them because my doctor said its not good to take them more than 2 months. they did not help me with progesterone... so you also did not have any cm??? sorry for the questions but i feel good talking to someone who is in the same situation like me :))

Hi Isabel, what is CBFM, is that the same as clomid? I'm having my first round of blood tests at the hospital as soon as I get my period in a week or so, at the moment I don't know what my hormones are but I'm the same as Nypage, before I started the B6 I got a positive OPK test every month (for a year consistently!) then took the B6 for 4 months and didn't get one positive OPK test. I've now stopped the B6 and am with the hospital for tests. I wanted to do it the natural way but perhaps it wasn't for me! x

Hi ladies,

dont know if any of you can help?
I started taking 50mg of b6 last month because of a short LP. My cycles went from 40 days to 34 and I ovulated on CD20.
This month I as showing a 'high' reading on my Clearblue fertility monitor on CD12 so ovulation shouldn't be long away. That means that I am ovulating earlier each month and so my cycles will most probably be shorter this month again.
Should I keep taking b6 will it stop shortening my cycles at some stage?
I'm not sure what to do x

i havent only taken one of the Vit B complex as im on Pregnacare Healthy i didnt know if i could take both, so stopped after one.
And this cycle i had Ovulation Bleed at Ovulation so wont be taken anything else now until i know if this apparantly excellent sign is going to work for us , only got another 11 days to wait and cant wait x
Good Luck girls xx

Hey girls-
To answer some questions-

I tested about 14 times a day for ovulation it seemed like! BUT what ive figured might have happened is that vit b made my cycle longer, so that would make me ovulate later maybe? I did continue to test but not as crazy as I did during when i expected to ovulate. I have no real facts yet, I have doctors appt on wed to get blood work and to talk with them and make sure im ok. I have taken many many preg tests over the last few days and all positive however, I was dumb to take BBT today, at 11 am, after running errands and it is lower. SO thats scary but not sure if it matters much. Only time will tell. I do think the vit b helped me, I just didnt see it. ALso the baby aspirin may have had a great impact becasue those are the only 2 things I took consistently different! I never noticed EWCM, positive OPKS, very light lines but not even much to indiciate I was surging....not sure about the cheap ones I used though!

well i have had to take asprin for the last 8 months and it hasnt helped up til now mind you it has a job to work on my heart so perhaps all the goodness has gone to that instead lol

Lol. it may need everything of it for your heart, yes...has none left to give to your uterus!

nypage - my temp was super low after my BFP and I was worried... my blood progesterone levels were better than ever though! I had to put down the thermometer because it was just stressing me out, lol!

I have actually been hearing that I shouldnt be doing the temping. I better throw it away so I dont lose my mind!

Hi nypage! Yes it is time to stop temping, because it does not mean anything anymore. :winkwink: I am proof for that. I miscarried (MMC) and had a D&C exactly a week ago. I have been temping and it is still high. I want it to drop back to normal :haha:
h&h 9 months :flower:

Hey girls-
To answer some questions-

I tested about 14 times a day for ovulation it seemed like! BUT what ive figured might have happened is that vit b made my cycle longer, so that would make me ovulate later maybe? I did continue to test but not as crazy as I did during when i expected to ovulate. I have no real facts yet, I have doctors appt on wed to get blood work and to talk with them and make sure im ok. I have taken many many preg tests over the last few days and all positive however, I was dumb to take BBT today, at 11 am, after running errands and it is lower. SO thats scary but not sure if it matters much. Only time will tell. I do think the vit b helped me, I just didnt see it. ALso the baby aspirin may have had a great impact becasue those are the only 2 things I took consistently different! I never noticed EWCM, positive OPKS, very light lines but not even much to indiciate I was surging....not sure about the cheap ones I used though!

Hi Nypage, that's still a great success story, I'm so happy for you and YES - throw away the thermometer now!!! Just relax and positive thoughts all the way...Good luck at the docs tomorrow let me know how it goes.

Perhaps you were right re O'ing later in the month cause of the B6. This month I've had some definate CM this past weekend/this week particularly. Today I'm on day 17 of the cycle. I've been testing with my ovulation tests since day 12 which I always do and still nothing positive. I'm using the Clear Blue digital ones so I know I can't blame them as they are always usually working for me. I'll keep testing over the next few days then if not give up and I think go out and get drunk this weekend! My CM seems to not be as much at the moment, does that mean I might have already ovulated? In which case perhaps I'm not starting testing early enough but I think that is really unlikely.... I'm so confused by it all I'm just hoping for some clarity from the hospital tests we are having over the coming weeks.

Good luck tomorrow and remember, positive thoughts, no more testing of anything! :)

Hi Isabel, what is CBFM, is that the same as clomid? I'm having my first round of blood tests at the hospital as soon as I get my period in a week or so, at the moment I don't know what my hormones are but I'm the same as Nypage, before I started the B6 I got a positive OPK test every month (for a year consistently!) then took the B6 for 4 months and didn't get one positive OPK test. I've now stopped the B6 and am with the hospital for tests. I wanted to do it the natural way but perhaps it wasn't for me! x

CBFM is clear blue fertility monitor....:flower:

i agree with you because since I have been taking meds, nothing is helping.. if I let it the natural way, perhaps it would have already happened!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->