Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Good luck with your tests and let us know how you get on. TBH there is no point in temping at all, if you don't do it every day and you do it at different times every day (white circles) - it's not going to give you any useful information. I hope the doctor helps you understand what's going on :hugs: There isn't much help we can give you here based on the those charts - sorry huni xxx

i´m temping AM 5:20 - 6:00; could gassy sign turns blue circle to white circle? because today afternoon i added gassy to chart and circle has changed...

No. I just experimented with mine and no, it doesn't. You get a white circle if you've put a time in the box which is not the same as your others, or if you tick "sleep deprived". Are you getting enough sleep? Are you temping as soon as you wake?

PS You might want to start another thread about your charts? This thread is really about B vits, and a lot of ladies read it without posting and it can get a bit bogged down when it goes a bit off topic. You could put a link to a new thread in here though. :hugs:

i´m sorry that my lasts posts aren´t about B6 :blush:
regarding spotting in this cycle - why B6 doesn´t have any effect? :nope:

i sleep aroun 7hours and temping around AM5:35-5:50 (sometimes AM5:20 - 6:00)

Because you haven't ov'd yet hun, in my opinion. x

just wanted to say thanks for ignoring me twice now, to save you the trouble of searching the post number are #2575 and #2727. Thank You for making me feel welcome. :wohoo: =]

Hey ladies im currently on CD24/8DPO. ive been taking B100's since 2DPO and i did ovulate early so im hoping for a longer LP.

Anyway, i was wondering ive been temping and ive noticed my temps are really high this cycle..... anyone else having HIGH temps while taking B-vits.

Hey there - sorry I couldn't find the posts with those numbers - I searched and found the above quoted one.

I have noticed my temps were higher last cycle. B6 is supposed to increase progesterone, and it is progesterone which makes your temps high, so I'd say that's a pretty good reason.

Hun - noone was ignoring you - please don't feel that way! I didn't notice your post (and can't find the other one) and anyhow, the OP started this thread a few years ago, so it doesn't really "belong" to anyone now - it's just a free for all. :flower:

Hey ladies im currently on CD24/8DPO. ive been taking B100's since 2DPO and i did ovulate early so im hoping for a longer LP.

Anyway, i was wondering ive been temping and ive noticed my temps are really high this cycle..... anyone else having HIGH temps while taking B-vits.

Hey there - sorry I couldn't find the posts with those numbers - I searched and found the above quoted one.

I have noticed my temps were higher last cycle. B6 is supposed to increase progesterone, and it is progesterone which makes your temps high, so I'd say that's a pretty good reason.

Hun - noone was ignoring you - please don't feel that way! I didn't notice your post (and can't find the other one) and anyhow, the OP started this thread a few years ago, so it doesn't really "belong" to anyone now - it's just a free for all. :flower:

Other post was on 258. lol it was ages ago now.

Here it is.

So ive read through nearly all 258 posts, skipped a few pages here and there, and i am thrilled with the good results ive read, Even a few BFP's!!

So ive decided to join and here is my story....
Im 32, i think anyway, sorry im so forgetful with my age, sometimes i have to remind my self by counting from 1978. lol
Well I already have 3 children, a son 11, daughter 10, and my baby is 17 months old. Ive also had 3 miscarriages, 1 in 1998, 1 in 2008 and 1 12th aug 2010.
So with my last m/c being august just gone ive been ttc ever since. Long story short ive now after comparing my fertility charts discovered i have a Luteal Phase defect..... of 9-11 days in length.

So after reading all the information on this site i decided to go get my self some Vitamin B-100's, Today is CD2 and i took my first B-Vit this morning. So after the as gone i look forward to the :happydance:

10 days is ok. I am trying to figure out if i also have a LP defect but I am going to have to at least finish this cycle first.

Hey girls- i need help. Im taking vit b 50 complex about....4 cycles now? The last 2 i've not gotten pos opks and they are much longer- Now, would you suggest I quit these vits, or would you suggest I up my dosage to 100?

:hi: girls need some advice plz whats the lp got to be what range cuz mine is diffrent all the time x x x x

:hi: girls need some advice plz whats the lp got to be what range cuz mine is diffrent all the time x x x x

The LP is supposed to be at least 10 days. If it is shorter it can cause premature miscarriages according to my reading in TCOYF.

Hey girls- i need help. Im taking vit b 50 complex about....4 cycles now? The last 2 i've not gotten pos opks and they are much longer- Now, would you suggest I quit these vits, or would you suggest I up my dosage to 100?

Not ignoring you. Don't know answer.

nypage - not sure what you should do... you could try a month or two off the vitamins, then if things aren't improving, try the 100 complex?

caz -'normal' is considered 12-16... but as you may remember from the clomid group, I had low progesterone issues even though my LP was 12. They really aren't supposed to vary much from cycle to cycle... the most I see them vary is when someone does have an LPD and is managing to get their LP longer etc...

Lisa, I also have LPD with 12 day luteal phase. I have to take progesterone suppositories during my first trimester. I'm hoping that I will see a difference in progesterone levels with the B Vits... or at least, have to take less of the progesterone suppositories... I normally had to take one 400mg supp. 3x per day. It's a lil messy and inconvenient when you are out and about... not the greatest comfort in a public restroom... you know what I mean. argh!

Lisa, I also have LPD with 12 day luteal phase. I have to take progesterone suppositories during my first trimester. I'm hoping that I will see a difference in progesterone levels with the B Vits... or at least, have to take less of the progesterone suppositories... I normally had to take one 400mg supp. 3x per day. It's a lil messy and inconvenient when you are out and about... not the greatest comfort in a public restroom... you know what I mean. argh!

The Bvits didn't have a noticable effect on my progesterone levels... the right dose of clomid actually got my levels up to beautifully high/normal levels... I did the progesterone suppositories anyway just as a safety precaution in case my corpus luteum started to fail, only 200mg 1x a day.
FX'd the vits have a good effect on you!

My LP varied from 9 to 11 before I started taking B vits, and now has increased to 12 or 13. I think it's a myth that the LP is always the same!

NYPage I don't know about upping the dose of B vits either - sorry.

Freakles - I didn't see that post either. This thread really DOES get bogged down sometimes!

:hugs:

Hey girls- i need help. Im taking vit b 50 complex about....4 cycles now? The last 2 i've not gotten pos opks and they are much longer- Now, would you suggest I quit these vits, or would you suggest I up my dosage to 100?[/QUOTEH

Hi nypage1981, sorry I haven't been on for so long - I'm trying to calm myself and not become obsessed with all this all so I've stayed away a bit - but I wanted to find out how you and the others were doing.

It sounds like you are still having the same problem you were - and I was, on the B vits with no positive O test. As you know I stopped taking my b vits - I immediately got my period (very early, heavy and painful) and was very upset and anxious about the whole thing but I've calmed down and stayed away from the vits. We have our first appointment at the fertility clinic this Friday so I'll let you know how I get on. I wanted to have tests done as my normal body/cycle works - not as it worked on lots of B6 and herbs.

My advice (although I'm not a doctor!) is to come off the B vits - they are doing something weird to both you and I if they are stopping us O. There was some advice from one of the other girls here a few weeks ago explaning how the B vits can make things worse if you have too much of one of the hormones in you (I apologise as I'm not quoting this very well and I don't want to give out the wrong info!) but honestly I would suggest stopping them. Have you talked to your doctor at all? I know they are not interested in Luteal phases and Vit B's but it might be worth mentioning it.

I'll come back on the post on Friday afternoon and let you know how I get on at the hospital but for me I'm not going back to the B6 vits or the herbs at the moment - 4 months without ovulating is not good (after I know I ovulated every month for a year before taking them!).

I hope this has helped in someway, let me know what you decide to do and how it works out.

x

i have started to take B-vit complex this morning as well as my pregnacare healthy just hope that it doesnt do any damage for me the reason i have started to take them is because i have had no energy for the last two months and feel like i need a pick me up so we will see what happens.

hello ladies. didnt post for a while.... i got another BFN and i was feeling really upset. today i discovered that my best friend got a BFP and i was the last one to know... its so sad and frustrating.. i feel so much hurt... i am taking loads of fertility pills and medication to help my mucus but nothing is working .what is wrong with me? can i just conceive???

Hey girls- i need help. Im taking vit b 50 complex about....4 cycles now? The last 2 i've not gotten pos opks and they are much longer- Now, would you suggest I quit these vits, or would you suggest I up my dosage to 100?[/QUOTEH

Hi nypage1981, sorry I haven't been on for so long - I'm trying to calm myself and not become obsessed with all this all so I've stayed away a bit - but I wanted to find out how you and the others were doing.

It sounds like you are still having the same problem you were - and I was, on the B vits with no positive O test. As you know I stopped taking my b vits - I immediately got my period (very early, heavy and painful) and was very upset and anxious about the whole thing but I've calmed down and stayed away from the vits. We have our first appointment at the fertility clinic this Friday so I'll let you know how I get on. I wanted to have tests done as my normal body/cycle works - not as it worked on lots of B6 and herbs.

My advice (although I'm not a doctor!) is to come off the B vits - they are doing something weird to both you and I if they are stopping us O. There was some advice from one of the other girls here a few weeks ago explaning how the B vits can make things worse if you have too much of one of the hormones in you (I apologise as I'm not quoting this very well and I don't want to give out the wrong info!) but honestly I would suggest stopping them. Have you talked to your doctor at all? I know they are not interested in Luteal phases and Vit B's but it might be worth mentioning it.

I'll come back on the post on Friday afternoon and let you know how I get on at the hospital but for me I'm not going back to the B6 vits or the herbs at the moment - 4 months without ovulating is not good (after I know I ovulated every month for a year before taking them!).

I hope this has helped in someway, let me know what you decide to do and how it works out.

x

i agree with you... since i took B6 vitamins i ovulated very poorly or did not ovulate at all. bvits are suppose to help but they did harm for me. i also got an infection every month with them so i immeidately stopped them. i also noticed that i cant see anymore mucus. it totally vanished and nothing is helping to get it back.... any suggestions? been ttc since last june and this journey is killing me

Hey CRC!! Is it dumb of me to be afraid to stop the b vits?? Lol. I just feel like, its gunna screw up even more. Sigh. I do agree though, maybe just take a break and see what happens...for all I know, I may need things to go the other way and have more estrogen(although I highly doubt that given my history), but who knows! Have you ovulated this cycle now that you are not on them?

Im just amazed if my ovulation is messed because of the b vits...that one vitamin 50 mg could have that much affect on my system. Seems weird. I am starting MACA this time around and going to do b vits with that for ONE more month. (you'll all say, I told you to quit them!!!) next cycle if im still bitching....but just want to try them with Maca once and see. Since the maca balances(supposedly) your progesterone and your estrogen. So maybe the b vits will give me long LP and the Maca move my ovulation forward!!! FX'd!

Oh, and btw- im CD 33 now and stillll waiting for my late AF. BOOOOO

Hey CRC!! Is it dumb of me to be afraid to stop the b vits?? Lol. I just feel like, its gunna screw up even more. Sigh. I do agree though, maybe just take a break and see what happens...for all I know, I may need things to go the other way and have more estrogen(although I highly doubt that given my history), but who knows! Have you ovulated this cycle now that you are not on them?

Im just amazed if my ovulation is messed because of the b vits...that one vitamin 50 mg could have that much affect on my system. Seems weird. I am starting MACA this time around and going to do b vits with that for ONE more month. (you'll all say, I told you to quit them!!!) next cycle if im still bitching....but just want to try them with Maca once and see. Since the maca balances(supposedly) your progesterone and your estrogen. So maybe the b vits will give me long LP and the Maca move my ovulation forward!!! FX'd!
Oh, and btw- im CD 33 now and stillll waiting for my late AF. BOOOOO

Hi! Don't worry I was totally afraid to stop taking them and there is still a part of me now that wonders if I was too hasty in stopping - I really believed that I could get pregnant through vitamins and herbs, but I really think if its stopping us ovulate its not good for whatever reason and I think its better at this point to seek medical professional help rather than us trying to second guess. Its obvious from this thread that the B vits don't help everyone. They obviously do something as they made our cycles longer - so they are pretty powerful as that's quite a lot of a little vitamin to do, so who knows what else they are doing! Just be prepared to get your period pretty quickly when you stop taking them, regardless of what day of the cycle you are on. It sounds like the B vits are making your cycle really long now which seems a bit crazy.

I'm only on day 10 so haven't started testing for my O yet and probably won't bother this month as we have our hospital visit on Friday so I'm going to wait and have all the tests and stop wasting money on the O tests!

Good luck and keep me posted. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->