Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

does everyone's B-50 complex have folic acid in it as well since it's a B vitamin? i think mine has 400. DH takes it too, since everything in it also benefits the swimmers.

indkchick - has your dr talked to you about baby aspirin? i've heard it's been successful for many people who have had mc. I'm taking it just because - such a low dose i figure if it doesn't help it can't hurt.

Thanks MadMax! I took 4 x 400mg AC a day until ovulation. That's what it says on the packaging. 2 with breakfast, 2 with dinner. Mind you, my guts were s mess (sorry, poss TMI)! Good luck! X

Hi everyone - thanks so much for this thread - this cycle I've started taking 50mg B6 (along with B complex) to try to help with possibly short luteal phase (last month it was 9 days). I hope that's enough to help, I thought I'd start with a lower dose rather than start with 100mg, was a bit scared. (Thanks to CRC and others who offered me advice on short luteal phase on another thread.) Doctor and FS were no help, they didn't see any problem with a short luteal phase. Congrats to those who have got their BFPs! Bring on the BFP for all of us!!!

Hello everyone,
Can I join your thread? I have started to take b100 since CD1 to help with my pre-AF spotting and short LP (although last month it was 12 days but I started spotting on 9DPO thanks to soy and a lower dose of b vits). I think I may be taking too much as I feel light-headed all the time. But I can't find anywhere on google which tells me that overdosing on B vits leads to dizziness. I don't want to stop them as I want to have the best chance of eliminating the spotting this month. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks & lots of baby dust xxxx

Thanks MadMax! I took 4 x 400mg AC a day until ovulation. That's what it says on the packaging. 2 with breakfast, 2 with dinner. Mind you, my guts were s mess (sorry, poss TMI)! Good luck! X

:hi: how long were you taking it b4 you got PG?

Hello everyone,
Can I join your thread? I have started to take b100 since CD1 to help with my pre-AF spotting and short LP (although last month it was 12 days but I started spotting on 9DPO thanks to soy and a lower dose of b vits). I think I may be taking too much as I feel light-headed all the time. But I can't find anywhere on google which tells me that overdosing on B vits leads to dizziness. I don't want to stop them as I want to have the best chance of eliminating the spotting this month. Has anyone else experienced this?

i did, i started out taking at B50 for a couple of days then upped to B100 and felt dizziness, nauseous, and the tingling feeling in my fingers so went back to B50 and was fine...

Hello everyone,

Hey welcome!

I have been taking B vits for 4 months now, and saw a steady and wonderful improvement in my pre-af spotting and also increased by LP. Great! This month I decided to also take soy, and guess what - brown spotting from 7dpo again :( Interested to hear that you put your early spotting down to soy. I haven't changed my B vits dose. I won't be touching soy again, that's for sure!

Clearly we are all different! As I said earlier I took B Vit 100 complex and had no bad side effects at all! I guess it maybe a good idea for some to start at 50mg and work there way up to a higher dose if needed. I didn't always have a short LPD it happened all of a sudden! My lovely accupunture lady and doctor advised me that severe stress and emotional upset 3 months before my problems began more than likely caused it. Thats my husbands ex wife for you! They said it would maybe sort itself. I still think it was a combination of the accupunture and Vit B complex that did it.

Hello everyone,

Hmm, based on what the other girls are saying about dizziness, maybe you can cut the B-100 tablet in half? that way you drop down to a B-50 dose and don't cut off the vitamins all-together and mess up this cycle?

Hi again,
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the tablets are difficult to split in half as its powder form in a capsule. I think I will take one every other day and see if I start to feel better. I think its given me mouth ulcers too. Is it correct that you only need to take them until ovulation for them to increase progesterone?
Thanks again xxx

I took them throughout my cycle because I'm not sure how they promote progesterone levels... if its more important to build it up in your system prior to an egg forming, during egg formation or after ovulation to prepare your body for the next cycle or help the lining etc....
I didn't have any isues with them though...(took B-100 up until a month or two ago when I bought a brand that was stinky and made me gag, lol) could you go and buy B-50? I understand not wanting to waste money, vitamins get expensive fast!

Hi again,
Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, the tablets are difficult to split in half as its powder form in a capsule. I think I will take one every other day and see if I start to feel better. I think its given me mouth ulcers too. Is it correct that you only need to take them until ovulation for them to increase progesterone?
Thanks again xxx

It's more important to take them after ov, as they increase progesterone levels, and it's after ov you need high progesterone levels. You can also take them the whole cycle, as they are supposed to have a negative effect on estrogen too, and too much estrogen can cause too little progesterone. If you want to cut down your intake, best to only take after ov. xxxx

magicvw, I think it is too late to start taking B6 after ovulation. As far as I know, B6 helps with the quality of the follicle while it is developing (in the follicular phase) so that the follicle produces more progesterone in the luteal phase. The cycle I got my BFP, I took B6 in the follicular phase only.

magicvw, I think it is too late to start taking B6 after ovulation. As far as I know, B6 helps with the quality of the follicle while it is developing (in the follicular phase) so that the follicle produces more progesterone in the luteal phase. The cycle I got my BFP, I took B6 in the follicular phase only.

Hi there! That's the opposite to what I understand. That's thrown a spanner in the works lol!!

Whereas supplements that contain estrogens (like soy or clomid) help to improve the quality of the egg (and therefore the corpus luteum, which produces progesterone in the luteal phase), as far as I am aware B6 has no effect on the corpus luteum itself.

The general advice is to take B6 all month, which would only make sense if it has an effect in your body which is not related to one particular menstrual phase.

I have been googling away trying to find out HOW B6 actually increases progesterone, now that you've said that, and I can't find anything that tells me. Every article just says it DOES, but why????! If you could share a link if you have one about B6 acting on the follicle, I'd love to read it! Or if anyone knows of a link which says it acts elsewhere that would be cool too!

I guess, take it all month is the safest option then, but smaller doses!

Hi, I am no expert, but even in several posts on this thread, it is advised to start B6 at the beginning of the cycle. I too could not find much about the mechanism it improves progesterone. (Considering that even most doctors don't know about this effect of B6, there is no sound study/finding about it) I read somewhere that it supresses prolactin so the follicle quality improves. But it was not written by an expert, just a mother who says it worked for her. Now I googled again and found that B6 in high doses is used to suppress lactation. https://www.steroidology.com/forum/...ing-prolactin-safely-effectively-cheaply.html
I don't know. My own example might just be a fluke, of course. Taking B6 during the whole cycle should not hurt. :thumbup:

Thanks for your input. To hedge my bets I think I will continue it through the whole cycle but I'll order some 50's instead. Until they come, would I be ok to continue taking 100's as I heard they can't cause any lasting damage? I haven't taken it today and still feel just as dizzy which makes me think that it might be unrelated. xxx

Happyshopper, fatigue, numbness in the extremities and sore mouth are among the symptoms of B12 deficiency (https://www.testcountry.org/signs-and-symptoms-of-vitamin-b12-deficiency.htm). Also in this thread, I remember sth like taking high doses of B6 alone would cause B1 or B12 (or both)deficiency. So we are advised to take B complex vitamins. I think, sometimes taking B complex vitamins is not enough to overcome this deficiency so such symptoms occur. Your dizzines could be a sign of lack of some vitamins, not excess B6. That could be why you are still feeling in spite of not taking b6 today. Just a thought!

Hi everyone
I hope its ok to join this thread, I've been stalking it from afar for a long time and thought it was about time I contributed!!
We've been TTC for 6 months and I've become more and more obsessed! After discovering I have a short luteal phase (usually 9 days) I started vit B6 50mg but this gave me an 8 day LP! So this month I have started B100 complex, agnus castus and am also using EPO, prenatal, preseed and take raspberry leaf tea, honey and cinnamon every day. I'm definitely on a mission, although I waiver between being very positive and having no hope whatsoever! I try and remember its not long but find that hard sometimes when I just don't believe I'll ever be able to make a beanie stick.
Anyway...I ramble a lot as you can see but hope I might be able to help someone else as well as staying sane through the next few 2ww. Currently on cd12 so waiting for O, usually on cd19.
Fingers crossed everyone has a good cycle xx :thumbup:

Hi all - Just to report that I've been taking B6 50mg for about a month, and this time ov seems to have arrived 2 days earlier than last cycle (CD16 rather than CD18). Could just be a coincidence, but either way I'm pleased!

lyns148 - your experiences sounds a lot like mine!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->