Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Just checking in, Vit B got my lp from 8/9 days to 11 last cycle and I'm currently on 13dpo and no spotting or sign of AF as of yet so it definitely works! :)

Nope no temp shift either, they've stayed within my usual pre-O temps. Can only hope its still on its way. I was quite reassured by the fact that I was ovulating on my own and my problem was my luteal phase but now I don't know what to think!

Although I'm encouraged by your cycle this month whitglass, fingers crossed I do ovulate this month and the vits help after that. Btw does your friend think she hadn't ovulated based on her temps or opk?
xx

she was temping and doing OPKs, never saw a change in either. so she was sure she hadn't ovulated based on both. positive HPT on 17 dpo. my sister as well, her temps were either steady or erratic and she got pregnant very easily, but when following temps she was sure she wasn't fertile. although temps are a good indicator of ovulation, i don't think they are always reliable and definitely don't indicate fertility or infertility!

Oh if only that would be me! But that would be complete wishful thinking. I only started temping last month but I had a definite temp shift and change in temps that showed ovulation. This month I'm on b100 instead of b 50g and also AC so it must be either of them. I can't see how that bug way before my projected O date would have moved it so much. I hate not having a clue whats going on!

And...today I've had AF cramps so now thinking maybe its this cycle coming to an end, would have been due in 2 days anyway. So maybe I did O earlier but it didn't affect my temps or give me a +ve opk??????

Watch this space...but thanks for the hope! xx

Hi girls,

lyns maybe they are not af cramps but o cramps instead!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
fallenangel...glad to see that the bvits have worked for you...hopefully you'll get a bfp now too!
As for me...cd5 here so not much going on yet. I will be curious to see if the bvits have any more affect on my cycle this month...it will be the 2nd month taking them. I did see signigicant changes last month...hopefully this one will do the trick!!
I am seeing my doctor in April...I am also curious to see what she will think about the bvits...I wonder why i would seem to have such a deficiency????

Hope everyone has a great day!
Tracey

Just wondering if VitB has made anyone's lp go off the scale? I'm now on 15dpo and no sign of the witch. Took a test this morning and bfn... My longest lp was 11 days before this.

hoping it's a BFP for you fallenangel! i have heard some people say that b6 delayed ovulation, and if high doses annovulation. did u temp or know you ovulated for sure?

it made my LP go from 12 days with spotting since 10 dpo to 14 days no spotting. so i think it could really extend it! how much are you taking?

Thanks Whitglass, the witch got me last night :(

I've been on 100mg. Should I drop that to 50mg now or just carry on? Don't really want it going longer than 15 days, lol!

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say I definitely ov'd and around normal time, temps, cbfm and ov strips confirmed it :)

ohh sorry about AF fallenangel :( but good news about your lp extending! so are you taking prenatals too? there might be more b6 in those which could mean you're taking higher than 100mg, although i don't think that's too much anyway...if i were you i think i would go to 75mg next month and see what happens!

Vit b complex seems to have woken something up inside me. Its weird. Thought I was ovulating 5 days early and had the worst ovulation cramps I have ever had, even going down my leg. Even spotted with blood but no +opk. Then today is CD17 (and I usually ovulate CD18) he ewcm is back in oodles and the opk's have started getting darker.

It's definately doing something even at only 50mg. I just need those extra luteal phase days.... last month was 7 :cry:

Hey ebony...soy isoflavones did the same thing to me....I thought I ovulated around day14...tons of ewcm and opk's almost positive....but then bang day23....again tons on ewcm,ov pain and a definate positive opk. It is like the soy tried to get my body to ovulate on a 'normal' cycle...but my body just didn't quite make it. I didn't have this happen with the bvits but maybe it is similar. The bvits did make me o 6 days early though....cd17 instead of cd23! I hope you get the longer lp....the bvits extended mine by 1....9 to 10 days!

Hey ebony...soy isoflavones did the same thing to me....I thought I ovulated around day14...tons of ewcm and opk's almost positive....but then bang day23....again tons on ewcm,ov pain and a definate positive opk. It is like the soy tried to get my body to ovulate on a 'normal' cycle...but my body just didn't quite make it. I didn't have this happen with the bvits but maybe it is similar. The bvits did make me o 6 days early though....cd17 instead of cd23! I hope you get the longer lp....the bvits extended mine by 1....9 to 10 days!

Its always such a relief to hear the same thing has happened to others. Well it looks like ov might be the same day for my but hoping and praying for a longer luteal phase. Mine was down to 7 days last cycle. :wacko: I keep reading the old posts on here where people got their bfp from the first month and its giving me so much inspiration. :happydance: x

hello everyone i have found your discussion on vit B very intresting I have had 3x very early MC 4 weeks 5day, 5 week and 4 week. I have had tests done now waiting for appt at st mary's - however I have a LP of 10days and am wondering weather vit b complex at at higher dose will help after reading your post sounds like a good option so i am going out today to bye some. Do you continue taking your normal pre pregancy vitamins ?? any side effect peeps?? all this wounds very hopeful:happydance:

hello everyone i have found your discussion on vit B very intresting I have had 3x very early MC 4 weeks 5day, 5 week and 4 week. I have had tests done now waiting for appt at st mary's - however I have a LP of 10days and am wondering weather vit b complex at at higher dose will help after reading your post sounds like a good option so i am going out today to bye some. Do you continue taking your normal pre pregancy vitamins ?? any side effect peeps?? all this wounds very hopeful:happydance:

I am so sorry for your losses. From what I've read it can help you add a few days but you need to take it as a complex. x

Hi ladies - I hope you don't mind me joining you. I am 34 and have been TTC since December when I came off the pill. My first cycle was 55 days long with spotting at 9dpo for three days. My LP was 11 days. My second cycle was 28 days long with spotting at 7dpo for three days again. My LP was 9 days.

From reading around I think that I might be low in progesterone (AF was really light last month too) - so that is three symptoms right? Light AF, spotting prior to AF and short LP. I have ordered some vit b 50 complex but am wondering whether a trip to the doctors is in order too?

What do you think?

Hi Struth, your position sounds very much like mine. I am 34 and TTCing my first. 2 cycles ago I had a LP of 11 days but I start spotting on 7DPO. I took soy and 25mg of b complex and had a 13DPO and started spotting on 9DPO. This cycle I took soy and 100mg b complex and have started spotting at 9DPO again so no noticeable improvement but I suppose it depends on what happens in the next couple of days.
I have had spotting for years but enough is enough and will go to the doctors next week and see if I can get my progesterone levels checked out. The worse that can happen is that they are a bit useless and then just get a second opinion
xxx

Hi ladies - I hope you don't mind me joining you. I am 34 and have been TTC since December when I came off the pill. My first cycle was 55 days long with spotting at 9dpo for three days. My LP was 11 days. My second cycle was 28 days long with spotting at 7dpo for three days again. My LP was 9 days.

From reading around I think that I might be low in progesterone (AF was really light last month too) - so that is three symptoms right? Light AF, spotting prior to AF and short LP. I have ordered some vit b 50 complex but am wondering whether a trip to the doctors is in order too?

What do you think?

It sounds like the complex may help you...

As for the doctors I do hope they can give you answers but if I'm honest they may just send you away. You've only been off the pill a few months and they say it can take 3-6 months for your cycle to get back to normal.

there is no harm in trying the vit b complex. Good luck :thumbup:

What do you think?

As for the doctors I do hope they can give you answers but if I'm honest they may just send you away. You've only been off the pill a few months and they say it can take 3-6 months for your cycle to get back to normal.

Thanks Ebony! That's why I was concerned about whether to go or not - I didn't want to go if it was going to waste their time. I guess there is no harm done if I go and they do that - at least I will be on their radar should the problem continue.

What do you think?

Thanks Ebony! That's why I was concerned about whether to go or not - I didn't want to go if it was going to waste their time. I guess there is no harm done if I go and they do that - at least I will be on their radar should the problem continue.

Exactly... thats the way I think too. If they turn you away then at least you know you hsve tried and there is no harm in that. I just didn't want you to go hoping to much...

Trying supplements to try and straighten out your cycle can't hurt... just start low dosage wise and build it up. I'm only on 50mg and I've noticed a huge difference this 1st cycle on it. :thumbup:

What do you think?

Exactly... thats the way I think too. If they turn you away then at least you know you hsve tried and there is no harm in that. I just didn't want you to go hoping to much...

Trying supplements to try and straighten out your cycle can't hurt... just start low dosage wise and build it up. I'm only on 50mg and I've noticed a huge difference this 1st cycle on it. :thumbup:

It seems we do think similarly! If I don't go expecting too much then I can't some away disappointed! I'm definitely going to try the b complex - just 50mg - but can't decide whether to try that for one cycle and then go or whether to just go anyway.

I'll have a chat to my OH and see what he says. I guess I'm just worried about getting another really long cycle (followed by a short LP again) and then wishing I had gone earlier!

I will keep you posted!

How much difference has it made to you Ebony?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->