Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

:hi: girls think af won't be long for me now got bad cramps today never had them this bad af is only jew Tuesday when im back at fs woopp i started b6 this month hope it lengthens my lp x x x

Okay girls...I am new here..but I wanted to post my story. I have read through almost all of this thread...it took a while!!!

I have 3 boys and decided last spring to try for #4. I had the mirena out last April. Since having it out I have been spotting throughout my enitre cycle!!! How annoying. I have managed to get pregnant twice...once a blighted ovum ended in miscarriage in Sept...second a chemical preg in dec.
I usually ovulated late between cd 20-23. It seems to be getting later...and the spotting has increased since the mc and cp. My lp has been a pretty steady 9 days since I had the mirena out.
I have tried soy isoflavones...which helped me with my 2 younger sons. This time it delayed ovulation to cd28 both times I tried them.
So in early feb when af arrived I found this thread. I decided to try the B complex...100mg/ day.

So I have had no spotting after day 5....I ovulated 6 days earlier on day 17. I had a super strong surge on opk....and super painful ovulation...not fun but I am hoping it was a good healthy egg! I am currently 3dpo...so we will see if I get a bfp...or at the very least I will see if my lp lengthed.

Anyway...sorry for the long post...but I wanted to thank all of you for sharing your story..it has really helped me! I'll keep you posted if I get a bfp!!
Tracey

:hi: girls 1st month taking b6 didnt help me i got af early it was only jew Tuesday are do you think it will help if i keep taking it help plz not a clue x x x x

I just wanted to agree with Tracey about how helpful this thread has been. I really don't know what I would have done if I were TTC before the internet, I'd be floating along wondering every month why our efforts weren't paying off. Instead I have discovered something that may potentially be problematic and feel like every month I am learning something new about myself and attempting something new to try and improve our chances. Although I hadn't imagined this would be so frustrating and difficult, I feel I am able to take some control of the situation.

Glad to hear your cycle is changing for the better Tracey. I'm expecting O any day and the sooner the better! Fingers crossed for an earlier O and a longer LP!

:dust:

I agree Lyns...the sooner the better!!! I hope the b vits work for you like they did for me! The 2ww is bad enough....it sucks to wait until cd23 for O!!!

Hi girls

Well I've been having what I thought were ovulation pains for the last two days but they are lasting so long I'm sure anymore?! Have never had them before but just thought that it must be the AC working. Definitely no +ve OPK or temp rise yet though. Do you think this is normal?

Now am not sure when to BD...don't want to keep going daily like we have the last few days in case its still a fews days to O and we've used up all the good stuff!!

How are you guys getting on?
xx

PS caz&bob I didn't have any effect either my first month on 50g B6 (I actually dropped a day in my LP) so upped it to B100 complex this month. I know now you're supposed to take the complex as B6 isn't good on its own. Don't know if its worked yet but will keep you updated! xx

Hey lyns148...did you finally O????
A quick update on me...today is 8dpo....and a faint bpf!! Trying not to get too excited yet...it is so early..but it is a start. I guess the bcomplex did its job!!! There is hope for all!
Tracey

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats so exciting Tracey...congratulations!! I've been reading about so many BFPs in this thread I can't believe there has been a live one!! I know its only early but thats fantastic news for you.
I'm on cd20 today and still no O. Am wondering if its maybe been delayed this month as I was ill for a few days last week. Could that happen??? Feel as though it could be any minute though so just trying to cover our bases!!
I have my fingers crossed you have a sticky one xx

Thanks alot lyns...last Aug I got the flu right around O time and it delayed it by about 2 weeks...I couldn't believe it! I'll be crossing my fingers for your O soon!
I still can't believe that I got a faint bfp...I'll do another test tomorrow to double check. I do have all the symptoms though!
I think I am supposed to continue with the bcomplex throughout pregnancy. Any thoughts????

From what I've read its fine to keep going with the B vits as they can help with morning sickness anyway...bonus! And some have said its best to keep them up until 12 weeks when the placenta takes over production of progesterone.
It was just a bug for a few days so hoping O won't be delayed too much longer. Only pro is it gives the vits more time to build up a nice big follicle to turn into a nice big corpus luteum to give me lots more progesterone!! No idea if thats true but makes sense in my head lol!!
Let us know how the testing goes tomo xx

you can definitely take b throughout pregnancy!

so just to add to the thread - i took B-50 complex before O and after O am taking 100mg. Usually I have an LP of 11/12 days with one day of spotting - but last month i started spotting at 10 dpo. I am already at 11 dpo and no spotting at all, just some creamy CM! Hopefully my LP is 9 months long, but either way I'm happy!

Hi. :wave:

This is my 1st cycle on 50mg of vitamin b complex as my luteal phase had dwindled down to 7 days. :wacko:

Anyway... has anyone noticed a difference with ovulation tests? I use the internet cheapies and usually always have a faint line but this month its barely there and you have to wait until it dries to even see it... I just wondered if I'm not showing up on them as well because of the neon pee. :haha: x

Well girls...false alarm...i had a chemical pregnancy again!!! Very disappointing....however the good news is that with the b complex...no spotting and my luteal phase was an extra day..now 10 days!

So that is one blighted ovum and 2 chemical pregnancies since october...enough already!!!

I use okp's and I didn't really notice any difference...i also use the internet cheapies. I did notice that my serge was super dark and obvious..but the rest of the month no big changes.

So here we go again...I'll be intrested to see how the second month on the bvits goes!!!

baby dust to all!!!
Tracey

Oh no Tracey thats awful! I hope you're ok. Silver lining is definitely better luteal phase and no spotting. If it wasn't meant to be this month you're definitely in a good position for next month. Come on the b vits!!

I feel like I'm totally in limbo here...there still appears to be no O for me! I can't figure out if being ill has suppressed my O completely, just delayed it or the b vits have totally messed up my cycle. Am hoping that O is still on the way just a little bit later. Can't bear the thought that we're going to have no chance at all this month just because I had a wee tummy bug.

And ebony I have had no positive OPK at all this month but the reason for that remains to be seen! So Im afraid Im no help with that one.
xx

Oh no Tracey thats awful! I hope you're ok. Silver lining is definitely better luteal phase and no spotting. If it wasn't meant to be this month you're definitely in a good position for next month. Come on the b vits!!

I feel like I'm totally in limbo here...there still appears to be no O for me! I can't figure out if being ill has suppressed my O completely, just delayed it or the b vits have totally messed up my cycle. Am hoping that O is still on the way just a little bit later. Can't bear the thought that we're going to have no chance at all this month just because I had a wee tummy bug.

And ebony I have had no positive OPK at all this month but the reason for that remains to be seen! So Im afraid Im no help with that one.
xx

Do you think you ovulated? did you get the temp shifts? x

well ladies i can't tell you how many women i hear get their BFP's without ever having a positive OPK - including my good friend last month! she was sure she never ovulated, and on 17 dpo tested positive. so hang in there!

well i thought i had my BFP this month because i went from spotting last month at 10 dpo taking only 50mg b6 to NOTHING this month, no spotting no AF at 13 dpo 100mg b6! Although upon further inspection, i had some pink and red tinged CM early this morning (14 dpo), none on my underwear though. so i am almost 100% sure AF is on its way, but the good news is the b6 worked wonders. i have always spotted by at least 11 dpo, even on Vitex. so i guess 100mg is good for me!

Gooooooo b6!!! :)

well ladies i can't tell you how many women i hear get their BFP's without ever having a positive OPK - including my good friend last month! she was sure she never ovulated, and on 17 dpo tested positive. so hang in there!

well i thought i had my BFP this month because i went from spotting last month at 10 dpo taking only 50mg b6 to NOTHING this month, no spotting no AF at 13 dpo 100mg b6! Although upon further inspection, i had some pink and red tinged CM early this morning (14 dpo), none on my underwear though. so i am almost 100% sure AF is on its way, but the good news is the b6 worked wonders. i have always spotted by at least 11 dpo, even on Vitex. so i guess 100mg is good for me!

*positive for pregnancy i mean!!!

Its crazy that a vitamin can do sooo much! :wacko: I'm sorry you think AF is on its way but :happydance: for no spotting.

I suppose with the opk's it can easy to miss the surge :shrug: i'm going on temps and cm. :thumbup:

Nope no temp shift either, they've stayed within my usual pre-O temps. Can only hope its still on its way. I was quite reassured by the fact that I was ovulating on my own and my problem was my luteal phase but now I don't know what to think!

Although I'm encouraged by your cycle this month whitglass, fingers crossed I do ovulate this month and the vits help after that. Btw does your friend think she hadn't ovulated based on her temps or opk?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->