Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Struth... to be honest I havn't got to the end of my 1st cycle on vit b50 complex yet but I have noticed a difference already. Its like its woken something up in there... I usually have the odd small twinge at ovulation but this month I've had cramps, spotting, ewcm for longer... I'm on even on my 2nd day of +opk and usually I see them get darker then lighter but never totally positive. So I really think it is doing alot for me. I just need to see if I can get that lp lengthened. x

FX'd for you Ebony! I might hand around and see how you get on over the next few days!

Hi everyone,

I got my BFP this morning at 9dpo, and I'm pretty scared and excited!

I have been taking B6 and B12 for a few months now, so I'm guessing they helped.

My LP is generally okay in length but I do get some spotting before AF and have tested borderline low for progesterone in the past.

Lisa, did you say that your progesterone was higher the cycle you had lower temps? Because that's what I'm worried about. I got a BFP but my temps are lower than they have been all of the BFN cycles I've charted. Wtf....:shrug: It's Sunday so I can't get into my OBGYN yet but I'm worried as my temps are so low....

I decided to put 1/2 tspoon of OTC progesterone cream on to help, as well.

Here's hoping the B6 is helping me get enough progesterone for a sticky bean!

:dust: to everyone

I'm afraid that I don't know any of the answers to your questions - but congrats to you!

I hope you get the answers that you need and that your bean is a lovely sticky one :dust:!

Congratulations Allie, wishing you a perfect and healthly preganancy. How long have you been trying? Also, did you get any spotting this cycle?
I am feeling pretty low today as I have started spotting at 9DPO. This is the first month on B-100 vitamins and it didn't make any difference to the start date. Does it take a while for it to work?
xxx

Congratulations Allie thats wonderful news! And hope for the rest of us using b vits.

I'm totally confused...didn't appear that I O'd this month so was expecting AF to come as usual. But now on cd 30 with nothing at all. Usually AF comes on cd27 but am guessing thats dependent on O'ing, had no spotting either but must be related to O'ing as well. Have no idea how to figure out whats going on!!

I was sure O was going to happen this month as I had plenty of EWCM. Does anyone know if that would happen without O'ing??!

Luckily I've managed to avoid being too upset about the lack of O this month as it was my 30th yesterday!! xx

Hi everyone,

I have been taking B6 and B12 for a few months now, so I'm guessing they helped.

My LP is generally okay in length but I do get some spotting before AF and have tested borderline low for progesterone in the past.

Lisa, did you say that your progesterone was higher the cycle you had lower temps? Because that's what I'm worried about. I got a BFP but my temps are lower than they have been all of the BFN cycles I've charted. Wtf....:shrug: It's Sunday so I can't get into my OBGYN yet but I'm worried as my temps are so low....

Congratulations! :yipee:

How much b6 & b12 were you taking? x

Congratulations Allie, wishing you a perfect and healthly preganancy. How long have you been trying? Also, did you get any spotting this cycle?
I am feeling pretty low today as I have started spotting at 9DPO. This is the first month on B-100 vitamins and it didn't make any difference to the start date. Does it take a while for it to work?
xxx

I think I've read it can take a few months for some people to notice a difference. Did you go straight onto B100? x

Congratulations Allie thats wonderful news! And hope for the rest of us using b vits.

I'm totally confused...didn't appear that I O'd this month so was expecting AF to come as usual. But now on cd 30 with nothing at all. Usually AF comes on cd27 but am guessing thats dependent on O'ing, had no spotting either but must be related to O'ing as well. Have no idea how to figure out whats going on!!

I was sure O was going to happen this month as I had plenty of EWCM. Does anyone know if that would happen without O'ing??!

Luckily I've managed to avoid being too upset about the lack of O this month as it was my 30th yesterday!! xx

Firstly... happy birthday for yesterday!!!!!!!!

I've read that vit b can delay ovulation. :shrug: Did you temp or do opk's? x

Hi everyone,

I'm in the US so the numbers I'm using are for the US scale.
I'd never gotten higher than an 8 on progesterone tests... on my BFP cycle it was a 15 at 7dpo, at 9dpo it was 22 but my temp had been down for 2 days quite low. It actually stayed down until the progesterone suppositories caused it to rise (doc put me on them just to be safe). So, yes, having low temps may not mean your progesterone is dropping... its not exactly an exact science unfortunately! :dohh:
And congrats on the BFP!!

Thanks ebony!! I do both but didn't get a +ve opk and there was a smallish rise in temps briefly that went back down within a day so FF hasn't given me an ovulation day. Its only my 2nd month temping but last month I had a definite temp rise that stayed up.

Was still waiting for O but had no more CM so guessed it wasn't coming and stopped taking my AC and EPO just in case. Very weird, but will let you know what happens. Am hoping there will be something over the next few days!!

I will have my fingers crossed for your LP this month xx

Thanks Ebony. Before starting on the 100mg on CD1 I was taking about 25mg. I will keep going for another month, it can't do any harm. xxx

Thanks Ebony. Before starting on the 100mg on CD1 I was taking about 25mg. I will keep going for another month, it can't do any harm. xxx

Good luck! :thumbup:

I love your comment in your sig about hoping for a bfp before you go bankrupt. :haha: They say having kids is expensive but they never warn you about ttc! :dohh: x

congrats Allie....hopefully there will be lots more bfp coming our ways!!!
lyns...very strange that you haven't oed yet this cycle with the bvits....sometimes our bodies do strange things...maybe you'll get a bpf out of the blue!!!'
As for me...cd9 - I had ewcm yesterday..but not today...I am hoping to 0 sometime in the next week...last cycle was cd17!! I am holding steady with the bcomplex...100mg of b6.
baby dust to all!!!

Hello again ladies - Lyns, what cd are you? And when do you usually O?

Mom23 - FX'ed for your O over the next few days!

As for me - I'm having a strange time. Cycle 2 after the pill and I O'ed on cd19. I then started spotting at 7dpo with AF arriving at 10dpo giving me a 9 day LP. So I'm thinking low progesterone and am considering vit b 50.

However, my AF then only lasted 2 days (one day light to mid flow and then one day of spotting). From what I've read that can be low progesterone too, right? Anyone have any experience of this?

Even odder though is that despite AF arriving, my temps have hardly dropped below the coverline. In fact they shot up again today (have a look at my charts) to way above where the coverline was (coverline was 97.15 and temp today was 97.53).

I'm so confused. I was on the pill for about 7 years but prior to that I had heavy, long AF of about 7 days. I have never in my life had a 2 day AF :shrug:

Hello again ladies - Lyns, what cd are you? And when do you usually O?

Mom23 - FX'ed for your O over the next few days!

As for me - I'm having a strange time. Cycle 2 after the pill and I O'ed on cd19. I then started spotting at 7dpo with AF arriving at 10dpo giving me a 9 day LP. So I'm thinking low progesterone and am considering vit b 50.

However, my AF then only lasted 2 days (one day light to mid flow and then one day of spotting). From what I've read that can be low progesterone too, right? Anyone have any experience of this?

Even odder though is that despite AF arriving, my temps have hardly dropped below the coverline. In fact they shot up again today (have a look at my charts) to way above where the coverline was (coverline was 97.15 and temp today was 97.53).

I'm so confused. I was on the pill for about 7 years but prior to that I had heavy, long AF of about 7 days. I have never in my life had a 2 day AF :shrug:

That is strange that your temp has shot up... it does look strange. Have you thought about testing? Do you feel preggers? I'm not trying to get your hopes up but if my temp shot up like that I'd test to at least rule it out. x

:rofl: I thought the same and so tested with FMU! It was a :bfn: which I expected but had to do it just to get that thought out of my head!!! :haha:

Having said that - I would only be 12dpo...

Oh - i'm so confused! I guess I just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. I'm guessing that my temp will drop. It's just a bit odd isn't it?

:rofl: I thought the same and so tested with FMU! It was a :bfn: which I expected but had to do it just to get that thought out of my head!!! :haha:

Oh - i'm so confused! I guess I just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. I'm guessing that my temp will drop. It's just a bit odd isn't it?

Great minds think alike! :thumbup: :haha:

I think you will have to wait unfortunately and see what your temps do. :dohh: If you just carry on with a new cycle then if you are pregnant then its just a big shock and a great surprise! x

Great minds think alike! :thumbup: :haha:

I think you will have to wait unfortunately and see what your temps do. :dohh: If you just carry on with a new cycle then if you are pregnant then its just a big shock and a great surprise! x

Makes perfect sense. I'm certainly learning how to be patient with my TTC journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->