Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi All! I came across this great thread about a week ago and have spent a lot of time reviewing everyone's comments. My DH and I have been TTC for 7 months. I started tracking my temp two months ago and discovered I have a short luteal phase. Currently I have 8-9 day luteal phase. I have been taking b6 complex for two months and haven't seen any improvement yet. It's been a tough few months as my heart wants a child so badly but my mind is being much more rational! The 2WW is driving me crazy every month! I hope that by sharing my story I won't obsess so much!

How much vit b complex are you taking?

I have a 7-9 day luteal phase :dohh: x

Hi ladies - I thought I would update you on my situation!

Well I'm now on CD8 and my temps have finally dropped. Strange. I have read around, however, and temps can stay elevated during AF and seeing as my AF is used to be 7 days prior to the pill I guess that might be it? Anyway, I'm just waiting to O now....

I have been umming and arring about vit b complex for my short LP and spotting. I have bought some (they are in the cupboard and are calling to me) but seeing as I have only been off the pill for three months AND saw such a huge improvement to my cycle last month (from 55 days to 28) I thought I would see what happens this month if I just take my pregnacare conception tablet and nothing else. If my short LP/spotting continues I might then try it.

I guess I don't want to confuse my body too much - it could be that the pill is still messing me around and I don't want to mess it up even more if my body is trying to regulate on its own.

Has anyone else been in my situation? And if so, how long did you leave your body to regulate itself?

Hi ladies - I thought I would update you on my situation!

Well I'm now on CD8 and my temps have finally dropped. Strange. I have read around, however, and temps can stay elevated during AF and seeing as my AF is used to be 7 days prior to the pill I guess that might be it? Anyway, I'm just waiting to O now....

I have been umming and arring about vit b complex for my short LP and spotting. I have bought some (they are in the cupboard and are calling to me) but seeing as I have only been off the pill for three months AND saw such a huge improvement to my cycle last month (from 55 days to 28) I thought I would see what happens this month if I just take my pregnacare conception tablet and nothing else. If my short LP/spotting continues I might then try it.

I guess I don't want to confuse my body too much - it could be that the pill is still messing me around and I don't want to mess it up even more if my body is trying to regulate on its own.

Has anyone else been in my situation? And if so, how long did you leave your body to regulate itself?

Thats true. Don't they say it usually takes 3-6 months on average to have your cycles back to normal :shrug:

If you wanted to try vit b complex just do the 50mg like me... it seems to be enough for me and it might just hurry those cycles along :shrug: x

I'm excited for your Ebony!

It is the 50mg I have in the cupboard so I think I will use it next cycle (if there is a next cycle!) should me LP still be short this cycle. Thanks Ebony.

I'm excited for your Ebony!

It is the 50mg I have in the cupboard so I think I will use it next cycle (if there is a next cycle!) should me LP still be short this cycle. Thanks Ebony.

Thanks... well i'll be keeping an eye on your chart. :thumbup: x

Hi Ebony,

Taking the Sanatogen mother to be multivits which includes 2.6mg of B6 and 50mg extra of holland and barrett vit B6 daily. x

Hi Ebony,

Taking the Sanatogen mother to be multivits which includes 2.6mg of B6 and 50mg extra of holland and barrett vit B6 daily. x

If you read quite a bit of the beginning of this thread you really need to by taking the vitamin b complex from holland and barratt and not just vit b on top of your prenatals as it can make you deficient in the other vit b's which may be why you have not noticed a difference in your cycle. I would recommend the vit b complex from holland and barratt called b50 and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck x

Ebony,

I was taking just 100mg of B6 but noticed my vision bluring a bit after a month, so I switched to a B-100 complex and vision returned to normal within a few days.

Hey everyone,

Notice the convo on acupuncture....I just got my BFP after my first month doing acupuncture!!

I wanted to update you all and ask a question....I got my 2nd HCG results in and they are 66 (I'm 12dpo) and my progesterone was 22 which they said was great! Progesterone was at 17 on Monday.

So I don't know if it was the BVits but I took them. My question is, can I keep taking the huge amounts of BVits now that I am pregnant?

Oh, and progesterone cream...I have some OTC progesterone cream that I'm taking and have been since my BFP. That may be contributing to my progesterone levels...it's one from GNC and is made from wild yams? I rub 1/2 tsp on me morning and night (after seeing the above post I really hope I never forget).

:hi: Allie! is this the one you get?
https://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181122

Hi! Yep, that is the one I WAS taking, but yesterday when I went to get more I noticed the formula had changed. It no longer says USP progesterone on it. :growlmad:

So, I completely panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to find anything and I would cause an MC!

In the end I found Emerita ProGest at a local health food store. I have a feeling it's better as it seems to be used more and actually lists how much progesterone is in it. I'm doing 1ts a day which is 80 mg.

My big fear now is that I'm not going to rub it in the right spots and I won't have even absorbtion. Sigh.

I hate progesterone worries!!

Ebony,

I was taking just 100mg of B6 but noticed my vision bluring a bit after a month, so I switched to a B-100 complex and vision returned to normal within a few days.

Really? Oh no! Yes... very early posts on this thread say it can be dangerous and can make your defincient in other vitamin b's which obviously was the case with you.

Glad you are ok now. x

Ebony,

Really? Oh no! Yes... very early posts on this thread say it can be dangerous and can make your defincient in other vitamin b's which obviously was the case with you.

Glad you are ok now. x

Thanks Ebony! It was really odd! :) I have an appointment with an OBGYN on Thursday and was looking over my previous blood tests and noticed my Thyriod might be out of wack as well. So let's hope the Dr. has some great suggestions for me!:happydance:

Hi Ebony,

If you read quite a bit of the beginning of this thread you really need to by taking the vitamin b complex from holland and barratt and not just vit b on top of your prenatals as it can make you deficient in the other vit b's which may be why you have not noticed a difference in your cycle. I would recommend the vit b complex from holland and barratt called b50 and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck x

Thanks for that, will go and get some tomorrow x

Ebony,

Glad you are ok now. x

Thanks Ebony! It was really odd! :) I have an appointment with an OBGYN on Thursday and was looking over my previous blood tests and noticed my Thyriod might be out of wack as well. So let's hope the Dr. has some great suggestions for me!:happydance:

Good luck with your appointment! x

Hey everyone,

Notice the convo on acupuncture....I just got my BFP after my first month doing acupuncture!!

I wanted to update you all and ask a question....I got my 2nd HCG results in and they are 66 (I'm 12dpo) and my progesterone was 22 which they said was great! Progesterone was at 17 on Monday.

So I don't know if it was the BVits but I took them. My question is, can I keep taking the huge amounts of BVits now that I am pregnant?

Oh, and progesterone cream...I have some OTC progesterone cream that I'm taking and have been since my BFP. That may be contributing to my progesterone levels...it's one from GNC and is made from wild yams? I rub 1/2 tsp on me morning and night (after seeing the above post I really hope I never forget).

:hi: Allie! is this the one you get?
https://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181122

Hi! Yep, that is the one I WAS taking, but yesterday when I went to get more I noticed the formula had changed. It no longer says USP progesterone on it. :growlmad:

So, I completely panicked thinking I wouldn't be able to find anything and I would cause an MC!

In the end I found Emerita ProGest at a local health food store. I have a feeling it's better as it seems to be used more and actually lists how much progesterone is in it. I'm doing 1ts a day which is 80 mg.

My big fear now is that I'm not going to rub it in the right spots and I won't have even absorbtion. Sigh.

I hate progesterone worries!!

oooh I have this one at home already... thanks! H&H 9 months.... :hugs:

Hi all i started taking vitamin B complex 50 from holland and barrett but it gave me hot flashes so i had to stop but i did take them on top of mr pregacare vitamin whi also has vit b in. which vitamins are you taking as well as the vitamin b's if any???

hello ladies, i have been off for a while... now i am back again... decided to get in touch with you guys again... i am still struggling the TTC journey... but i decided to relax and not think about it anymore...

my concern is still one thing - my progesterone is still low and medication is not helping... can i still get pregnant with low progesterone?? i have tired everything to increase but for nothing... my gynae now decided to give me injections in my next cycle.... injections to help increase progesterone. has anyone tried them??

hope you all girlies are ok.. i didnt have time to go through your posts yet but i ll try to read a bit and get back in touch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->