Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Great news Cypress and Mom 23!!! Congrats to you both. Cypress - I have just been over to read your journal - so pleased for you! Mom23 - I'm hoping for a sticky one for you :hugs:

So I have given in today and started taking 50mg B complex. I was going to not take any for this cycle to see how things sorted themselves out. After my last cycle being 28 days with a 9 day LP, I was hoping that it might spontaneously sort itself out. However, I am not on cd27 and I haven't O'd yet so I thought "what the heck" and started with the B complex today - I know I am supposed to take it from the beginning of the cycle but what harm can it do to start it now?

I will update here to let you know how I get on. Globetrecker - will be interesting to see how you get on.

Great news Cypress and Mom 23!!! Congrats to you both. Cypress - I have just been over to read your journal - so pleased for you! Mom23 - I'm hoping for a sticky one for you :hugs:

So I have given in today and started taking 50mg B complex. I was going to not take any for this cycle to see how things sorted themselves out. After my last cycle being 28 days with a 9 day LP, I was hoping that it might spontaneously sort itself out. However, I am not on cd27 and I haven't O'd yet so I thought "what the heck" and started with the B complex today - I know I am supposed to take it from the beginning of the cycle but what harm can it do to start it now?

I will update here to let you know how I get on. Globetrecker - will be interesting to see how you get on.

Hope you ovulate soon. :hugs:

You need a journal so I can stalk you! :haha: x

Hope you ovulate soon. :hugs:

You need a journal so I can stalk you! :haha: x

Well I have been thinking about starting one... :blush:

Maybe I will make a start over the weekend....

Big congratulations Cypress, I hope you have the perfect, happy pregnancy. You give hope to me as I am about to turn 35 (gulp) in the next few months. Can I ask how long it took you to notice a difference?
I'm on B100 complex vits for 6 weeks now and last cycle and I noticed very little benefit. I'm still taking it and I'll know within the week if its improved my spotting and lengthened my LP xxx

Hi happyshopper - Thanks for your good wishes! Please do have hope, lots of it, you're still very young! I just turned 39! I was taking 50mg/day (I'm going to continue taking it too). I noticed a difference the first cycle after I started taking it, ov moved 2 days earlier in cycle, and the next cycle it moved another day, so 3 days in total. It's hard for me to know how much the change is related to B6, or how much simply to my body settling into its cycle (after the pill), or other factors. If you don't notice a difference, perhaps speak to your doctor? (Though I did, and they didn't see it as a problem.) Good luck x

congrats cypress wonderful news. :happydance:
I had to stop taking B6 as it made me feel unwell. SO i ended up having 3 sessions of acupuncture instead this cycle and it looks like it has worked just need to get a test when i can be bothered to confirm it but she has checked me over and is convinced that pregnant is what i am so will let you know .

Okay girls....so update...yesterday again a super duper faint bfp! I am starting to doubt myself. I have decided not to test again until monday and hopefully it will be a nice obvious bfp!!! I am so nervous because of all the "almosts" in the last few months!

My massage therapist ready energy also and when I saw her on wed she told me she can see the baby sitting on my belly...she saw the same think with my other 3 kids. She swears I am preggo! This gives me hope...but still nervous!

Cograts cypress...indichick...anxiously waiting for a bfp!!

Struth....I had a delayed O with my second month of bvits....first month O on cd17 second month O on cd25....I didn't change anything!!!

ebony...better get bding!!! Can't wait to see your crosshairs!

Lyns...how are you feeling...any symptoms yet???

babydust to all...

Okay girls....so update...yesterday again a super duper faint bfp! I am starting to doubt myself. I have decided not to test again until monday and hopefully it will be a nice obvious bfp!!! I am so nervous because of all the "almosts" in the last few months!

My massage therapist ready energy also and when I saw her on wed she told me she can see the baby sitting on my belly...she saw the same think with my other 3 kids. She swears I am preggo! This gives me hope...but still nervous!

Cograts cypress...indichick...anxiously waiting for a bfp!!

Struth....I had a delayed O with my second month of bvits....first month O on cd17 second month O on cd25....I didn't change anything!!!

ebony...better get bding!!! Can't wait to see your crosshairs!

Lyns...how are you feeling...any symptoms yet???

babydust to all...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Thanks... getting +opk's now so we're covering it. x

i wish i had gotten it this morning but no it was neg !, what going on i cant stop eating , i have restless sleep, i got to bed at 7.45 ish cos i cant stay awake after 8pm, and im so lethargic and cant do anything cos i dont have the energy. URGHHHH i just want a BFP now

i wish i had gotten it this morning but no it was neg !, what going on i cant stop eating , i have restless sleep, i got to bed at 7.45 ish cos i cant stay awake after 8pm, and im so lethargic and cant do anything cos i dont have the energy. URGHHHH i just want a BFP now

how many dpo are you???

Well its sounding good. Is AF late? x

Big congratulations Cypress, I hope you have the perfect, happy pregnancy. You give hope to me as I am about to turn 35 (gulp) in the next few months. Can I ask how long it took you to notice a difference?
I'm on B100 complex vits for 6 weeks now and last cycle and I noticed very little benefit. I'm still taking it and I'll know within the week if its improved my spotting and lengthened my LP xxx

Hi happyshopper - Thanks for your good wishes! Please do have hope, lots of it, you're still very young! I just turned 39! I was taking 50mg/day (I'm going to continue taking it too). I noticed a difference the first cycle after I started taking it, ov moved 2 days earlier in cycle, and the next cycle it moved another day, so 3 days in total. It's hard for me to know how much the change is related to B6, or how much simply to my body settling into its cycle (after the pill), or other factors. If you don't notice a difference, perhaps speak to your doctor? (Though I did, and they didn't see it as a problem.) Good luck x

Thanks Cypress, my spotting started this cycle on 7DPO so starting to think B 100 complex isn't working. Ill see what happens in the next couple of days and if it gets worse, a trip to the doctor may be in order. Take care xxx

im not sure about that girls its been a bit heavier all day but my boobs are still a little tender whoch has normally gone by now if af and now its a lot lighter so i dont know if its now on its way out or whats happening but will see tomorrow and ive needed a pad all day so its heavier than i thought spotting would be.
Will let you all know how i get on x
I am 14 dpo today, 3 days late for period !

im not sure about that girls its been a bit heavier all day but my boobs are still a little tender whoch has normally gone by now if af and now its a lot lighter so i dont know if its now on its way out or whats happening but will see tomorrow and ive needed a pad all day so its heavier than i thought spotting would be.
Will let you all know how i get on x
I am 14 dpo today, 3 days late for period !

Good luck :thumbup: x

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask a quick question. I have been taking b-100 complex with little effect for the past 2 months. However, I have just switch to a slow release vitamin and my pee doesn't look so luminous in the mornings. Is there much difference between normal and slow release tablets?
Thanks in advance xxx

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to ask a quick question. I have been taking b-100 complex with little effect for the past 2 months. However, I have just switch to a slow release vitamin and my pee doesn't look so luminous in the mornings. Is there much difference between normal and slow release tablets?
Thanks in advance xxx

I think with the non-slow release you pee alot more of it out than with the slow release.

Did you go straight onto 100mg or did you start at 50mg? I was just wondering because I'm on the 50mg and it made a big difference to me. Have you tried anything else or was vit b the first thing you tried? x

I went straight to B100 complex but the last 2 months I have been taken soy as well. It seems soy has had the most impact as I got to 9DPO last month without spotting. Last month I started B100 complex but it didn't improve the spotting anymore than the soy did on its own. I will try this new brand and see what happens next month. Thanks for getting back to me xxx

I went straight to B100 complex but the last 2 months I have been taken soy as well. It seems soy has had the most impact as I got to 9DPO last month without spotting. Last month I started B100 complex but it didn't improve the spotting anymore than the soy did on its own. I will try this new brand and see what happens next month. Thanks for getting back to me xxx

Good luck. :thumbup: I thought about trying agnus castus if vit b's stop working for me. x

Hi ladies...sorry I've been a bit awol. Just back from a few days away where there was no internet access, so frustrating!!

Unfortunately its been another rotten month. I was feeling fairly positive having little crampy twinges and then my bbs started to feel a bit sore (which they NEVER do) but then spotted at 7dpo and then AF arrived at 9dpo giving me another 8 day luteal phase...aaargh!! So gutted, plus was on holiday with my pregnant friend who is blooming and doing lots of tummy rubbing, so jealous!!

Had my bloods taken so due to get results of that next week but in the meantime not sure what to change. Considering (a) upping b vits to 150mg (b) adding AC again and seeing if that helps, and/or (c) trying some acupunture. Anyone have any ideas?????

Only good thing was O moved forward to cd15 instead of cd19 so hopefully that'll stay the same this month.

How's everyone else doing? Congrats to the bfp's!! Cypress I recognise you from earlier in the thread, so pleased you've got yours!! How're you feeling? Mom23 have you tested again today?? Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi ladies...sorry I've been a bit awol. Just back from a few days away where there was no internet access, so frustrating!!

Unfortunately its been another rotten month. I was feeling fairly positive having little crampy twinges and then my bbs started to feel a bit sore (which they NEVER do) but then spotted at 7dpo and then AF arrived at 9dpo giving me another 8 day luteal phase...aaargh!! So gutted, plus was on holiday with my pregnant friend who is blooming and doing lots of tummy rubbing, so jealous!!

Had my bloods taken so due to get results of that next week but in the meantime not sure what to change. Considering (a) upping b vits to 150mg (b) adding AC again and seeing if that helps, and/or (c) trying some acupunture. Anyone have any ideas?????

Only good thing was O moved forward to cd15 instead of cd19 so hopefully that'll stay the same this month.

How's everyone else doing? Congrats to the bfp's!! Cypress I recognise you from earlier in the thread, so pleased you've got yours!! How're you feeling? Mom23 have you tested again today?? Fingers crossed for you xx

Awww so sorry its been rotten to you again... :hugs:

If I was you I'd carry on as normal until you see the test results as it might then give you insight as to what needs to be done. :shrug:

Thats good about ov moving forward. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->