Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Thats me 4dpo today so really too early to be analysing anything, although its so hard not to!

I tried Agnus Castus last month but had a really crap cycle because I was sick so decided just to stick to the B vits this month. Will go back to it next month tho if we need to. Am getting bloods done on Wednesday too so wanted to get an accurate reading as the Dr said she'd refer us to our local fertility clinic if its too low.

So sorry to hear about your mc's inkdchick, that must've been hard. I have everything crossed AC is the answer for you. Any sign of AF whitglass? Hows the cramping mom23? I'm so hoping this thread is sending out babydust vibes to us all xx

Good luck with your bloods on Wednesday. CD21 I take it? x

CD20...my dr had phoned the fertility folk for advise and they said they like to take progesterone readings 7 days before AF is due, however for me based on last month this was 1dpo! I'm not sure my dr totally understands what they are asking for but decided to take bloods that day and I guessed it didn't matter when the low prog showed.

However I may have screwed things up having an early O this month but figured that if I have low it'll show at 6dpo as well as any other day. Its all very confusing!

How is your cycle goin? Where about are you? xx

CD20...my dr had phoned the fertility folk for advise and they said they like to take progesterone readings 7 days before AF is due, however for me based on last month this was 1dpo! I'm not sure my dr totally understands what they are asking for but decided to take bloods that day and I guessed it didn't matter when the low prog showed.

However I may have screwed things up having an early O this month but figured that if I have low it'll show at 6dpo as well as any other day. Its all very confusing!

How is your cycle goin? Where about are you? xx

They took mine on 3dpo and when I mentioned it to the FS nurse she just dismissed me as though I was stupid and I must have got it wrong. :dohh: apparently its normal for them to not believe you don't ovulate on the magic CD14.. :wacko:

I'm CD12... 6 days to ovulation. Not holding out much hope for this cycle but I'll be trying as normal. :shrug: x

Hi Girls...

Hey Lyns our cycles are close...I am 5dop today! I know it is so hard to not obsess over everything! The last couple cycles I got my faint bfp on 8dpo....so I might try testing on thursday!! I had bad cramping all day yesterday and into the night. I also
think that I have the flu though...I feel terrible today and very achy!! Now it is really hard to tell what's going on!! I did have 2 distinct types of cramps yesterday though...one was like af and one was flu like...hard to know! I still have lots of creamy cm today!

ebony...I think you should give it a good try this month....sometimes these things happen when we least expect it!!!
whiteglass I still have my fingers crossed for you that af stays away!!
indichick...thanks for the info.

Baby dust to all!!!

ohh mom23 crampy and flu like are great signs!

and lyns i think the timing for the tests will be fine, like you said 6 dpo will show like any other day - i know my doc wants to do 7 dpo so i think it's all kinda the same.

ebony you're never out that early! sending big vibes to all of you.

as for me, i spotted 9-12 dpo and since have had lotion like white cm and my cervix is soft..? no different symptoms, i would bet a lot of money that AF is right around the corner. if she doesn't show by thursday morning i'll test! problem is if she does show, then i definitely have a hormonal imbalance- no reason i should spot, stop and start again. must be low progesterone, and i'm on B-100 complex so getting plenty of b vits!

excited to follow you gals through your cycles, 5/6 dpo is an exciting time! :)

ohh mom23 crampy and flu like are great signs!

and lyns i think the timing for the tests will be fine, like you said 6 dpo will show like any other day - i know my doc wants to do 7 dpo so i think it's all kinda the same.

ebony you're never out that early! sending big vibes to all of you.

as for me, i spotted 9-12 dpo and since have had lotion like white cm and my cervix is soft..? no different symptoms, i would bet a lot of money that AF is right around the corner. if she doesn't show by thursday morning i'll test! problem is if she does show, then i definitely have a hormonal imbalance- no reason i should spot, stop and start again. must be low progesterone, and i'm on B-100 complex so getting plenty of b vits!

excited to follow you gals through your cycles, 5/6 dpo is an exciting time! :)

Sounds really promising! Good luck :thumbup: x

Hi ladies...

Well when I put my temp in FF this morning it shifted my O forward a day meaning I'm only 4dpo today??!! Don't really understand why but makes sense as I had EWCM and +ve opk that day, it also means we BD'd on O day and day after which is better than day before and day after, I think. Also not sure what to make of my temps as they look really different, usually they jump up and then dip down but this month it was a small rise and they have climbed up after that?? Hoping thats a good sign!

ebony I totally agree, my dr said that I was fine because I was O'ing on my own and didnt seem to be at all concerned with my short LPs. I had to be pretty insistent that I thought somethig was wrong. These drs and nurses should realise that we are actually pretty well informed and have a fairly good idea of what it happening with our bodies!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies who are testing on thurs! xx

Hi ladies...

Well when I put my temp in FF this morning it shifted my O forward a day meaning I'm only 4dpo today??!! Don't really understand why but makes sense as I had EWCM and +ve opk that day, it also means we BD'd on O day and day after which is better than day before and day after, I think. Also not sure what to make of my temps as they look really different, usually they jump up and then dip down but this month it was a small rise and they have climbed up after that?? Hoping thats a good sign!

ebony I totally agree, my dr said that I was fine because I was O'ing on my own and didnt seem to be at all concerned with my short LPs. I had to be pretty insistent that I thought somethig was wrong. These drs and nurses should realise that we are actually pretty well informed and have a fairly good idea of what it happening with our bodies!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies who are testing on thurs! xx

I think they just don't like us knowing so much. :haha:

If you have a look at my chart, last month on my 1st month of vit b after ov my temps were quite low and very slow to rise. Maybe its normal on vit b's? :shrug: x

AF arrived this morning right on schedule like i knew she would! so the spotting is definitely an issue, i will be talking to my acupuncturist about it friday. thanks for all the support gals, on to next month!

AF arrived this morning right on schedule like i knew she would! so the spotting is definitely an issue, i will be talking to my acupuncturist about it friday. thanks for all the support gals, on to next month!

I am really sorry to hear that. :hugs: I hope your accupunturist can sort it out for you. I've heard great stories about accupuncture. :thumbup: x

So sorry whiteglass...I hope you can get that nasty spotting figured out for next month! Wishing you lots of babydust!!!

Okay ladies. This thread is far too long for me to wade through so I need advice.

I just started using a CBFM a few months ago and I learned my luteal phase was 10 days. So I started taking 100mg of B-6 last cycle and it made my luteal phase even shorter at 9 days. :dohh: I still breastfeed my daughter so I think this has something to do with it. What should I be taking to help lengthen the phase? Just skimming through people are talking about B-complex. Is that a mix of B vitamins? How many mg are you supposed to take of that? Advice please!!! :D I only have 2 months to get my cycles on track before DH is back from deployment and than we only have 5 months to get pregnant before he deploys again, so the pressure is on here. :cry:

I'm just joining this thread after reading hours and hours on it! I have a short LP averaging about 9 days. Just bought B50 Complex and and actually taking two per day to up it to B100 (imagine that's okay?)

I just saw so many positive outcomes when going through this thread (well, the first 100 pages till I got cross eyed!) Here's what I'm doing after researching the heck out of this forum:

B50 Complex: 2 per day
Baby Aspirin: 1 per day
Multi vitamin
EPO: 3 1000mg tablets per day (morning, noon, night) with stopping when OV, starting back up after AF
Robitussin: 2 days before OV, 2 tsp 3 x's per day
Grapefruit juice: 2 days before OV, 1 cup am, 1 cup pm

Whew. I hope I've got my bases covered and am doing these things right! I'm going to stay and watch this forum through my whole B50 Complex trial to see how things go and hopefully to help others out.

Great thread!

Okay ladies. This thread is far too long for me to wade through so I need advice.

I just started using a CBFM a few months ago and I learned my luteal phase was 10 days. So I started taking 100mg of B-6 last cycle and it made my luteal phase even shorter at 9 days. :dohh: I still breastfeed my daughter so I think this has something to do with it. What should I be taking to help lengthen the phase? Just skimming through people are talking about B-complex. Is that a mix of B vitamins? How many mg are you supposed to take of that? Advice please!!! :D I only have 2 months to get my cycles on track before DH is back from deployment and than we only have 5 months to get pregnant before he deploys again, so the pressure is on here. :cry:

You need to take it in a complex of all the b vitamins. Apparently only taking b6 can make you deficient in the other b's. If you google b complex hopefully it should come up with something, In the uk we get it from a shop called Holland and Barratt and it usually comes in 50mg or 100mg. Personally my luteal phase was down to 7 days and only needed 50mg complex to get it up to 11 days. x

I'm just joining this thread after reading hours and hours on it! I have a short LP averaging about 9 days. Just bought B50 Complex and and actually taking two per day to up it to B100 (imagine that's okay?)

I just saw so many positive outcomes when going through this thread (well, the first 100 pages till I got cross eyed!) Here's what I'm doing after researching the heck out of this forum:

B50 Complex: 2 per day
Baby Aspirin: 1 per day
Multi vitamin
EPO: 3 1000mg tablets per day (morning, noon, night) with stopping when OV, starting back up after AF
Robitussin: 2 days before OV, 2 tsp 3 x's per day
Grapefruit juice: 2 days before OV, 1 cup am, 1 cup pm

Whew. I hope I've got my bases covered and am doing these things right! I'm going to stay and watch this forum through my whole B50 Complex trial to see how things go and hopefully to help others out.

Great thread!

Good luck with your vit b trial. This thread is way too long isn't it! :wacko: :haha: x

Hi Girls...welcome to the new ones!

I think you are best taking advice about exactly what to take from the other girls...I am taking a b complex 100mg/day - this is my second month. The first month was great...O moved up to cd17...no spotting midcycle...I usally spot cd12-cd17...and a 10 day lp instead of 9. I did have a cp...but i had one in jan also and a blighted ovum in sept without b vits!. Well this month...lots of mid cycle spotting and a delayed O at cd25.....but the great news is that I think I have a super duper faint bfp at 8dpo!!!! I am having tons of symptoms again...lots of creamy cm, off and on sore boobs and nausea! I have a good feeling about this one...I am praying it sticks! I'll test again tomorrow and hope for a darker line!

Lyns...how are you feeling???

ebony...better start bding...looks like O is coming!!!

whiteglass...how are you feeling????

lots of babydust to all!!!

Hi all - just popping in to report my further success with 50mg vit B6. I had a 9-day luteal phase before, but after taking B6 daily I've gone to an 11-day and then a 12-day luteal phase (ovulation moved earlier in my cycle). And after ttc 6 months, I've just got my BFP, so I'm super excited! I am convinced that the B6 helped, because I think the egg implanted on 11 or 12 DPO (day post ovulation), so if I'd still had a 9-day LP, even if it was fertilised but hadn't implanted yet, it might have got flushed away before having a chance to implant.
I should say, however, that I have no scientific proof that my lengthened LP was connected to the B6! But it may be.
Good luck to everyone, and thanks so much for all the advice on this thread!! (I've tried a million things to help conceive, my journal contains a long list of what I've tried if it might help anyone.) xxx

Big congratulations Cypress, I hope you have the perfect, happy pregnancy. You give hope to me as I am about to turn 35 (gulp) in the next few months. Can I ask how long it took you to notice a difference?
I'm on B100 complex vits for 6 weeks now and last cycle and I noticed very little benefit. I'm still taking it and I'll know within the week if its improved my spotting and lengthened my LP xxx

Hi Girls...welcome to the new ones!

I think you are best taking advice about exactly what to take from the other girls...I am taking a b complex 100mg/day - this is my second month. The first month was great...O moved up to cd17...no spotting midcycle...I usally spot cd12-cd17...and a 10 day lp instead of 9. I did have a cp...but i had one in jan also and a blighted ovum in sept without b vits!. Well this month...lots of mid cycle spotting and a delayed O at cd25.....but the great news is that I think I have a super duper faint bfp at 8dpo!!!! I am having tons of symptoms again...lots of creamy cm, off and on sore boobs and nausea! I have a good feeling about this one...I am praying it sticks! I'll test again tomorrow and hope for a darker line!

Lyns...how are you feeling???

ebony...better start bding...looks like O is coming!!!

whiteglass...how are you feeling????

lots of babydust to all!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: Good luck! I hope its a sticky bean. :happydance:

The bding has begun... wait for meeeeeee!!!!!! :haha: x

Hi all - just popping in to report my further success with 50mg vit B6. I had a 9-day luteal phase before, but after taking B6 daily I've gone to an 11-day and then a 12-day luteal phase (ovulation moved earlier in my cycle). And after ttc 6 months, I've just got my BFP, so I'm super excited! I am convinced that the B6 helped, because I think the egg implanted on 11 or 12 DPO (day post ovulation), so if I'd still had a 9-day LP, even if it was fertilised but hadn't implanted yet, it might have got flushed away before having a chance to implant.
I should say, however, that I have no scientific proof that my lengthened LP was connected to the B6! But it may be.
Good luck to everyone, and thanks so much for all the advice on this thread!! (I've tried a million things to help conceive, my journal contains a long list of what I've tried if it might help anyone.) xxx

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: That is great news! :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->