Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

HI! I'm new to this thread but not new to short luteal phases. This month I was only 10days. I bought some b6 today, but I didn't get the b6 complex... Is that bad? Should I just take b6 complex? So confusing, all of this! Also, are you supposed to start taking it on cycle day 1 or later in the cycle? Thanks! :)

Welll AF is due tomorrow on Easter Sunday on my 7 day lp. How wonderful. Hoping that it'll hold off and at least give me one extra day or two so I know that something that I'm taking is working. I know the B50 hasn't been in my system long enough to do anything yet but it's going to be a crappy day tomorrow if I get it.

Any news Partyof5 (I loved that series too!). Has the dreaded AF stayed away? I hope so x

HI! I'm new to this thread but not new to short luteal phases. This month I was only 10days. I bought some b6 today, but I didn't get the b6 complex... Is that bad? Should I just take b6 complex? So confusing, all of this! Also, are you supposed to start taking it on cycle day 1 or later in the cycle? Thanks! :)

Hi holls147! 10 days isn't too bad - they say than 10 and above is ok so you are just about on the borderline. From what I have read you are supposed to take the vit bs as a complex rather than b6 on its own. I think that some women do take it on its own though :shrug:

I started taking it mid cycle but from what I have read it is best if you have taken it from the beginning as it works throughout your cycle to make sure that your O is a good strong one and hence enough hormones are produced to lengthen your LP. I started taking it mid cycle though.... mind you, I am still waiting for O on cd43 (nothing to do with the vit b - just my wonky cycles).

Thanks, Struth! I may go broke buying all of these herbs! lol

Crap, crap, crap! AF just arrived, right on schedule. So upset. . . Hoping that after taking the b50 for a whole cycle will be beneficial next month. I hope I see a change soon. Why oh why is it only 7 days!

Partyof5, hang in there! unfortunatly the b vitamins didn't help lengthen my 7 day luteal phase at all...I can't remember, but have you seen a doctor about it yet?

Crap, crap, crap! AF just arrived, right on schedule. So upset. . . Hoping that after taking the b50 for a whole cycle will be beneficial next month. I hope I see a change soon. Why oh why is it only 7 days!

Sorry to hear that AF got you Party of 5 - did you start taking them mid cycle? I'd give them another cycle and if there is still not change then maybe you could consider uping the dose of 100mg?

Sorry to hear that :cry: - *big hugs* I know just how you feel, having had a 6 day luteal phase (period arriving like clockwork at 7dpo) for the last 7 months. :nope:

It seems that the effects of Vitamin B can take a while to 'kick in', so hopefully it will make a difference to you next cycle. I've taken it for 2 cycles, but with a 1-cycle gap in between (needed to have a bit of 'space' from ttc so just took agnus castus for that cycle while we took a small step back) so am also helping that taking it for longer will have a good effect.

I'm on CD3 now, so we're at a similar place. When do you tend to ovulate? I've had 7 periods since my daughter was born (I'm breastfeeding, so had a while with no periods) and was generally ovulating around CD27, although last cycle was a surprise CD21. I was reading back on this thread to 8ish months ago when 3 girls got their BFPs within days of each other... maybe that'll be us soon?!

Was wondering if other luteal phase defect-ers also have very light periods?

My recent periods have lasted 4 days and been pretty light... I can rarely even record a 'medium' on ff, and I think that's me being a bit optimistic...!

I'm on CD3 now and have had 2 days of light bleeding and 1 of spotting. :(

I'm assuming that having a very short LP (6 days) means there's not much time for the womb lining to build up properly. I'm hoping that as my LP increased (trying to be positive!) my womb lining will start getting thicker... cos there's no way there's enough there at the moment each cycle for an egg to implant in.

Was wondering if other luteal phase defect-ers also have very light periods?

My recent periods have lasted 4 days and been pretty light... I can rarely even record a 'medium' on ff, and I think that's me being a bit optimistic...!

I'm on CD3 now and have had 2 days of light bleeding and 1 of spotting. :(

I'm assuming that having a very short LP (6 days) means there's not much time for the womb lining to build up properly. I'm hoping that as my LP increased (trying to be positive!) my womb lining will start getting thicker... cos there's no way there's enough there at the moment each cycle for an egg to implant in.

Mine have been really light (although I have only had two of them in 4 months). The last one I spotted for 3 days, had one day of bleeding and then spotted for couple more. Prior to BCP I would have 7 full days of full on bleeding. I so wish I had never been on BCP!!! Lol!

I'm a newbie to this thread - hello!

We're on cycle #8 of trying for our 2nd child... we have a 13.5 month old daughter who was born in March 2010 - before her I had a MMC at 12 weeks in January 2009.

I have a bit of a whopper of a luteal phase defect... it's been 'stuck' on 6 days since my first post-birth period in September 2010 (I breastfeed). I've been taking agnus castus and 50mg vit.B6 which so far has had no effect whatsoever. I'm upping that to 100mg this cycle and just hoping i'll at least have a LP 1 day longer... it's really disheartening to see no improvement at all in 7 cycles. Before I was pregnant the first time my LP was 10-11 days, so on the edge of OK. But now it's shrunk!

We really hoped for a close age gap between our first two children, but are trying hard to stay positive and think of all the good things of a slightly larger age gap. I just worry that it's going to take us a long long time, given that I've seen no improvement in my LP at all.

Good to read some 'success stories' on this thread, and congratulations to everyone who's recently got good news!

Hi 254! Welcome to the thread!

Just a quick question - are you taking B6 or B complex? I have read on here that you are best to take the B complex as the B vitamins interact with each other and you can become deficient in the other B vits if you only take B6. It might be worth trying the B complex?

Also, how long have you been taking them? I only ask as I have read that it can take them a few cycles to kick in.

I hope that they work for you and push that LP longer!

Hi! From Derbyshire too! :hi:

Yeah it could take a while t obuild up in your system but good luck with the 100mg. Hopefully that gives your cycle that push to lengthen your lp. :thumbup: x

I agree, before bcp mine were really heavy and at least 5 days but now they're barely 3 days and pretty light, it must all be connected! Ive been drinking raspberry leaf tea to try and thicken my lining but not sure if it's made any difference.

I'm currently on cd15 and was hoping to O today but have developed a pretty nasty cold thats sent my temps way up so think this might delay things again this month. So disappointing. I'm trying agnus castus again so was hoping to be able to tell the difference from last month but I'm not going to have a clue now!! Aargh!!
Xx

254, yes my periods have also been light since my lp dropped from 9 to 7 days. So light I'm not sure if I should lable it light or spotting and they usually last 3 or 4 days at most. Mine started today and happily I can say that it's a heavy flow (at last!). Not sure if the b100 (I'm taking 2 doses of the b50) that's doing it or the maca that I started at the beginning of the cycle. Maybe something's working after all. We'll see how many days it actually lasts though.

I haven't been to the doctor yet. Wanted to see if I could do it naturally at first.

I think I'll give it a few more cycles and see what happens.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the amount of blood? Mine has definitely increased. Could this be a good thing?

I so wish I had never been on BCP!!! Lol!

I hear you on that one. Before birth control my husband sneezed and I was pregnant. My third daughter was conceived with the pull out method. Now that we are trying to complete our family (we have 3 girls and hoping for a boy but will be happy with a healthy baby) it is taking an extremely long time. We have been trying for 6 months (been off birth control for 8 months).

Has anyone taken false unicorn root after ovulation or period to help lengthen lp phase?

Oh struth that's rotten, is it usually like this for u when ur not on the b vits? Big hugs x

I'm still waiting too, my temps just came down yesterday from having that cold so not sure what that means for O. Prob delayed a wee while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->