Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Oh struth that's rotten, is it usually like this for u when ur not on the b vits? Big hugs x

I'm still waiting too, my temps just came down yesterday from having that cold so not sure what that means for O. Prob delayed a wee while.

I've been up and down since coming off the pill - my first cycle was 55 days (O'ing at cd44), then I had a 28 dayer and thought I was back to normal, but it seems not! I started staking the b vits mid cycle (about 2 weeks) ago so I don't think it is them.

I went to the drs this morning and she has ordered some bloods but I won't have the results for about 4 weeks - my appointment to take the bloods is in a fortnight and then it take another fortnight for the results. She said she didn't think I had PCOS but wanted to check my hormone levels. At least that has got the ball rolling a little.....!

I guess your illness could have delayed it a bit? I hope that it happens in the next day or two: hugs:

I guess it's fertility herb, well all around female reproductive herb. it's suppose to help follicular phase and tone the uterine lining.

CD45 - still no ovulation.... :-(

Cor, that's one long cycle. :growlmad: Must be very frustrating, especially since your last one was shorter! My longest cycle has been 44 days (I think I ovulated on CD40 - first 'real' cycle after my first post-baby period, and temps were all over the place with regular night-wakes) - long cycles are really hard as you know you have fewer chances to 'try' than most people. :(

I hope your blood test results give you some answers.

My 13.5 month old has stopped breastfeeding at night for the past few days (wakes once, usually, but will now go back to sleep with daddy just lying her back down after a cuddle) so I'm really really hoping that'll have an impact on my luteal phase. She's been feeding 1-2 times at night for the whole time we've been trying (since she was 6 months old) although she has cut down the total amount she feeds, which didn't change my LP. Keeping fingers crossed, though!

Where's everyone else, cycle-wise? I'm on CD7... recent ovulations have been CD21, CD27 and CD28, so still got a bit of time until anything exciting happens. My 50mg B tablets arrived this morning, so I'm adding them into the mix with my 50mg B-complex and agnus castus and hoping 100mg of B6 makes a difference (and doesn't cause the 'tingles' that I've read about).

Where's everyone else, cycle-wise? I'm on CD7... recent ovulations have been CD21, CD27 and CD28, so still got a bit of time until anything exciting happens. My 50mg B tablets arrived this morning, so I'm adding them into the mix with my 50mg B-complex and agnus castus and hoping 100mg of B6 makes a difference (and doesn't cause the 'tingles' that I've read about).

I am on cycle day 9. I usually do not ovulate until cycle day 17 before taking the B complex 100.. after the first month using the b-complex I ovulated cycle day 16 but my period was a day sooner so no increase in LP (which is 11 days) and I also spotted for 3 days starting at 11dpo to 14dpo, which isn't normal for me. I am curious to see what it is going to do this cycle.

Hiya I just thought i'd say hi - some really useful stuff in this thread. Since my m/c in dec I have had a very short luteal phase of 7 days (spotting for 7 days before full af). Gave it a few months thought it was just my hormones needed to settle down but never got any better.

This month decided to start on b100 complex and so far so go 9dpo and no spotting yet i'm so happy!!

What is the most it has lengthened people lp? Good luck all xx

Hiya I just thought i'd say hi - some really useful stuff in this thread. Since my m/c in dec I have had a very short luteal phase of 7 days (spotting for 7 days before full af). Gave it a few months thought it was just my hormones needed to settle down but never got any better.

This month decided to start on b100 complex and so far so go 9dpo and no spotting yet i'm so happy!!

I had a 7 day luteal phase and took b50 complex. The first cycle I had an 11 day luteal phase and I'm on the 2nd at 21dpo... :winkwink: x

I had a 7 day luteal phase and took b50 complex. The first cycle I had an 11 day luteal phase and I'm on the 2nd at 21dpo... :winkwink: x

Congratulations x

Congratulations x

Thank you. Just wanted to give you some hope and I like to still lurk around this thread as it helped me so much. :hugs:

Good luck x

Hi girls...just an update...it has been a while since I posted...but I still check in on all of you!
So this month I stopped the bcomplex after 2 months...1st month was great..no midcycle spotting and oed on cd17...had an 11 day lp. This was a big improvement from previous cycles! Second month on b vits was no quite as good....spotted on and off until cd18 or 19 and oed on cd25,....felt terrible all month. Again an 11 day lp...but once again a cp...that is one blighted ovum and 3 cp's since oct!!!

So this month I stopped the bvits...no midcycle spotting and I am oing today on cd20. This is very similar to what my cycles were before the mirena which I had out a year ago.

Just putting that info out there...although I know bvits seem to help lots of people...not all!
I went to the doctor yesterday...she is sending me for an ultrasound and sending me back to the ob...I am going on thurs to see him and the scan.

Anyway...here's hoping this is the month that little bean will stick!

Lyns...have you oed yet...how are you feeling???
Struth...how are you feeling???

Congratulations x

Thank you. Just wanted to give you some hope and I like to still lurk around this thread as it helped me so much. :hugs:

Good luck x

how are you feeling ebony????:happydance::happydance:

Hi girls...just an update...it has been a while since I posted...but I still check in on all of you!
So this month I stopped the bcomplex after 2 months...1st month was great..no midcycle spotting and oed on cd17...had an 11 day lp. This was a big improvement from previous cycles! Second month on b vits was no quite as good....spotted on and off until cd18 or 19 and oed on cd25,....felt terrible all month. Again an 11 day lp...but once again a cp...that is one blighted ovum and 3 cp's since oct!!!

So this month I stopped the bvits...no midcycle spotting and I am oing today on cd20. This is very similar to what my cycles were before the mirena which I had out a year ago.

Just putting that info out there...although I know bvits seem to help lots of people...not all!
I went to the doctor yesterday...she is sending me for an ultrasound and sending me back to the ob...I am going on thurs to see him and the scan.

Anyway...here's hoping this is the month that little bean will stick!

Lyns...have you oed yet...how are you feeling???
Struth...how are you feeling???

Hi mom23. Good news your cycles have resolved themselves :thumbup: You're right.. what suits one person is terrible for the next..

Good luck :thumbup: x

Congratulations x

Good luck x

Like the luckiest girl in the world... :cloud9: x

Hi mom23, I am on cd21 at the mo but still waiting to O. My temp went up a little today so if its going to be similar to last month where I had a slow rise over a few days it might be on its way.

I've had pretty much no effect at all from the B vits so in a total quandry whether to up them next month or just stop altogether like you and see what happens. I'm also taking AC and have been reading up a lot on it, apparently it can take a good few cycles to start working so think I'll probably keep going with that for a wee while.

I'm pretty exhausted with this whole thing tho! Babydust xx

Hi! My name is Kami and I'm new here! I joined this board after looking through this thread from Google because I found it so helpful!

We have a son that is 3 and we got pregnant for him first try. I was keeping track of my cycles which ranged from 26 - 36 days in length but I never knew when I O'd or how long my luteal phase was. It was a miracle we got preg first try! Lol!

For TTC #2, its been a bit more difficult. I was just tracking my periods with Opks and such which are hard to pinpoint exact O dates. My cycle in Feb was 26 days and last month around 35 days and now this month it was 28 days with a 10 day luteal phase. I started 100mg b6 complex after I O'd this month and took soy pills on CD 3-8 to ensure ovulation. I O'd on CD 18.

Do you think using the b vitamins even longer will increase my LP? Also, Im getting progesterobe cream from a friend, should that help? Should I take anything else to help ny LP and also thicken my uterine lining??

Congratulations x

Good luck x

Like the luckiest girl in the world... :cloud9: x

That's great ebony...enjoy every moment!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi Mom23 (and all the other ladies!). I'm on cd50 today (I think) and am still waiting to O (I think)! I'm on my hold and the flight/change in time zones has messed with my temps. They.are higher but I'm pretty sure I haven't O'd yet. Still waiting but trying to stay calm and relaxed!

Hi ladies, So this month I drank red raspberry leaf tea, took red clover, and after af drank false unicorn root tincture. I'm happy to say that ewcm has returned and i just got a positive opk on cd 12!!! Earliest ever! I hope this means that my lp phase will also be lengthened. Oh and I also took a single dose of soy, 80mg, on cd 3.

Hi! My name is Kami and I'm new here! I joined this board after looking through this thread from Google because I found it so helpful!

We have a son that is 3 and we got pregnant for him first try. I was keeping track of my cycles which ranged from 26 - 36 days in length but I never knew when I O'd or how long my luteal phase was. It was a miracle we got preg first try! Lol!

For TTC #2, its been a bit more difficult. I was just tracking my periods with Opks and such which are hard to pinpoint exact O dates. My cycle in Feb was 26 days and last month around 35 days and now this month it was 28 days with a 10 day luteal phase. I started 100mg b6 complex after I O'd this month and took soy pills on CD 3-8 to ensure ovulation. I O'd on CD 18.

Do you think using the b vitamins even longer will increase my LP? Also, Im getting progesterobe cream from a friend, should that help? Should I take anything else to help ny LP and also thicken my uterine lining??

Hi Kami - they do say that B vits increase the LP and there are a few ladies on here that it has worked for. I can't comment from my position as I am still waiting to O on the first cycle I am taking them. I spoke to the Dr about them recently though and she said that they won't harm you (as long as you don't take too much). Are you taking the complex though or b6 on its own? They say to take the complex and to take it throughout the cycle.

A 10 day LP is on the border of being fine though - is it always 10 days?

Hi ladies, So this month I drank red raspberry leaf tea, took red clover, and after af drank false unicorn root tincture. I'm happy to say that ewcm has returned and i just got a positive opk on cd 12!!! Earliest ever! I hope this means that my lp phase will also be lengthened. Oh and I also took a single dose of soy, 80mg, on cd 3.

Woo hoo for positive opk on cd12! Lets hope you never find out how long that LP would have been!

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->