Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

hi girls :) can I join you?

I started taking B6 this cycle to try lengthen my LP, I have a 7 month old and I breastfeed which is most likely why my LP is short, it was just 4 days since having little man. Because I am breastfeeding I have started with a very low dose of 50mg a day and have already seen a great increase this cycle because I am currently on 8dpo!! I am hoping that by next cycle I will be within the normal LP length :)

Thanks, Struth!! I just can't believe I was able to bump up ovulation by almost a week. Last month I didn't ovulate until day 18-20 and this month I got a positive opk on cd 12. If I don't get a bfp this month I'll definitely keep up the same fertility cocktail for next month.

Good news ladies, I've finally O'ed!! Thank goodness!! Thats cd25...I'd run out of opk and was waiting for some more but luckily had loads of EWCM this month so we were well prepared with lots of BDing!! Feeling hopeful as its the highest temp I've had from O so hoping thats a good sign. Here's to a very long 2WW!!

Great news about your O holls147, I managed mine on cd15 last month which was 4 days earlier than usual for me but you've done really well!

Fingers crossed for your lp buttonnose, looking good tho! How is everyone else doing? xx

Also...I am having the hardest time adding a ticker to my signature!! Anyone know how I'm supposed to do this? Thanks xx

OK I have my bbcode, I've copied that into my signature but it doesn't look like its working!! Help!!

Hi girls....not much going on here...6dop...today I had some period cramps...here's hoping the little bean is digging in this month!!!
I went to the ob today he gave me a prescription for clomid...so I guess I'll try it next month if I don't get my bfp...I am hoping to never have to use it!!

Lyns...glad to hear you finally oed..it sucks to have to wait so long! fingers crossed for you!!
Welcome to all the new girls...this site has been vey helpful for me...I hope it is for you too!

baby dust to all...

Buttonnose - I hope that you (like holls) doesn't get to find out the length of your LP! But if you do - I hope it is a lovely 14 days!:thumbup:

Lyns - great news about your O! Did you do anything different this cycle? Any idea why it might be delayed?

Mom23 - great news about the prescription too. I do hope that you don't need to use it though. When is AF due?

As for me - still confused I'm afraid. CD54 and I still don't think I have O'd. I have had little pinchin cramps today though - maybe that is it. I am wishing that I had smiley opks as the ones I have are confusing me. I swear my opk on Monday was positive but surely I would have O'd by now if it was?

Fingers crossed for you mom23! This part is so nerve wracking. Are you doing the pineapple core thing? I've got some ready in my freezer!

Struth, pretty sure it was a cough/cold that delayed my O as my temps shot up when I was feeling crappy. Although there are a few things that I've done differently too...still on b100 complex but back on the agnus castus too. I think this may have helped me have such a big temp rise this time, hoping that that means a big O and high prog levels! I really hope your O appears soon, the first sign of mine was little cramps on Monday and it happened on Wednesday so keep BDing so you're covered!

Fingers crossed for all the other LP's...may they be nice and long!!
Babydust xx

well the :witch: got me this morning, I am not as disappointed as I thought I might have been, I mean considering I am only taking 50mg a day I got a 4 day increase, I certainly can't complain at that can I :)

onwards & upwards :)

well the :witch: got me this morning, I am not as disappointed as I thought I might have been, I mean considering I am only taking 50mg a day I got a 4 day increase, I certainly can't complain at that can I :)

Sorry to hear that she got your buttonnose - but you are right in that it was a huge improvement. Are you going to up the dose or just see how you go with 50mg?

I think I might up it too 100mg this cycle, but that will be my limit as they don't recommend any higher as it can affect milk production and well breastfeeding Little Man is my priority at the moment

I'm afraid I am not going to be able to tell if the B-100 Complex helped my cycle this month, as I think I have missed my surge (not 100 percent sure though).

Sunday I started seeing the fertile mucus...Tuesday night I had an almost positive, but couldn't test wed in the morning only at night and got the same results almost positive. By thursday the line was light and today the line is non existent. Guessing I missed my surge, as before B-100 Complex I would get my positive on cycle day 17, first cycle using B-100 Complex I got it on cycle day 16 and I am now on cycle 17 and nothing :(

I'm definitely thinking I just missed it though because normally I get my almost positive at night and the next morning (not with morning urine of course) I get my positive and by the late afternoon its already gone. Seeings how I couldn't test Wednesday morning, my guess is I missed it but who knows :shrug:

Four day increase is awesome

I started taking B6 this cycle to try lengthen my LP, I have a 7 month old and I breastfeed which is most likely why my LP is short, it was just 4 days since having little man. Because I am breastfeeding I have started with a very low dose of 50mg a day and have already seen a great increase this cycle because I am currently on 8dpo!! I am hoping that by next cycle I will be within the normal LP length :)

Hello from another breastfeeding mummy! I breastfeed my 14 month old daughter... on cycle #8 of trying for #2 now and my LP is stubbornly stuck at 6 days. :nope: I've been trying 50mg B6 for a bit with no luck, and have gone up to 100mg this cycle, so we'll see what happens. I have little hope of getting pregnant for a long time with such a short LP presently, so am focusing on hoping it increases rather than hoping I'm pregnant so I don't drive myself nutty! :wacko:

Hi girls....just a little update....af got me yesterday morning!!! Which of course sucks...
With this cycle af came at 8dpo....terrible lp. I think the bvits must have been helping a little....both bvit cycles it was 11dpo. However prior to the bvits it my lp was 10 days. So complicated!!
Anyway, I am going to start the clomid tomorrow...we'll see how that affects this cycle!

How's everyone else???? Struth I checked your chart...do you think you oed???
Lyns...any symptoms yet??? fingers crossed for a bfp!

baby dust to all.....

Aw thats rotten mom23. Looks like the b vits were working for you after all! Hopefully the clomid will be the answer tho. I'm hoping thats what I'll get when I eventually get seen. Did they think it will sort you out?

I'm on 5dpo at the moment. Not feeling too hopeful as I had some weird spotting yesterday, although its eased this afternoon. Also had really sore bbs, which I've never had before but know this can be a side effect of the agnus castus. Nevertheless its all I think about all day every day!! Temp dropped yesterday and back up a little today so fingers crossed its even higher tomo!!
xx

Hi girls....just a little update....af got me yesterday morning!!! Which of course sucks...
With this cycle af came at 8dpo....terrible lp. I think the bvits must have been helping a little....both bvit cycles it was 11dpo. However prior to the bvits it my lp was 10 days. So complicated!!
Anyway, I am going to start the clomid tomorrow...we'll see how that affects this cycle!

How's everyone else???? Struth I checked your chart...do you think you oed???
Lyns...any symptoms yet??? fingers crossed for a bfp!

baby dust to all.....

What a bummer - sorry to hear that AF got you and that she was early. I have a positive feeling about you and clomid though - I hope that it works for you!

Thanks for checking my chart - I'm not sure whether I have O'd or not. I had an opk on Friday which looked quite dark (there is a pic on my journal) but I'm not sure whether it was positive or not. I have put it in FF as + for now to see what happens. I've had a temp rise today so I guess I will find out in the next two days! I'm not completely convinced though. We'll see....

Baby dust to you lyns - let us know how you get on....!

Hiya ladies :hi:

Hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread but I read the first several pages then jumped to the last 10!!

I have been ttc#3 for 3 months and my lp has been 10/11 days and I normally O around cd16/17 so this cycle I have been using Vitamin b complex 100g. I am also on my second month of using a cbfm and have been charting my bbt for the past 3 months.

This month i have taken my vit b complex since cd4 and have had lows on my cbfm for cd6, 7 & 8 but on cd9 it went straight to peak and cd10 was peak, cd11 high and today cd12 low. We bd on cd5, 7, 8 & 9. I started spotting (brown tinged cm) on saturday (cd10) and yesterday and today I have have mid cycle bleeding (dark red/brown) like full on AF I'm so confused as I dont know what is happening with my cycle. Surely my cycle hasn't been shortened to 10 days!!!!!

Has anyone had similar things happening whilst on Vit B complex?

:hugs:

It's been a month since I've been on this thread but I wanted to update since I am pretty sure the b vits helped my luteal phase which helped me get pregnant!

16 dpo, strong BFP after 6 months trying - we're so excited!

good luck to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->