Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

It's been a month since I've been on this thread but I wanted to update since I am pretty sure the b vits helped my luteal phase which helped me get pregnant!

16 dpo, strong BFP after 6 months trying - we're so excited!

good luck to everyone!

Congrats whitglass :happydance:

That is great news - thanks for sharing and giving us hope!

Have a happy and healthy nine months!

Hiya ladies :hi:

Hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread but I read the first several pages then jumped to the last 10!!

I have been ttc#3 for 3 months and my lp has been 10/11 days and I normally O around cd16/17 so this cycle I have been using Vitamin b complex 100g. I am also on my second month of using a cbfm and have been charting my bbt for the past 3 months.

This month i have taken my vit b complex since cd4 and have had lows on my cbfm for cd6, 7 & 8 but on cd9 it went straight to peak and cd10 was peak, cd11 high and today cd12 low. We bd on cd5, 7, 8 & 9. I started spotting (brown tinged cm) on saturday (cd10) and yesterday and today I have have mid cycle bleeding (dark red/brown) like full on AF I'm so confused as I dont know what is happening with my cycle. Surely my cycle hasn't been shortened to 10 days!!!!!

Has anyone had similar things happening whilst on Vit B complex?

:hugs:

I cna't help much but I didn't want to read and run. I've only just started taking the b complex this cycle and am still waiting to see how I go (I have irregular periods and a short LP after coming off the pill - currently on cd59).

It seems like your bleeding is coincided with your O? Some women do get ovulation bleeds so it could be that. I have heard that for some women that the b complex makes their O stronger so it could be something going on there?

I would give it a day or two and see what happens.

Keep us posted as to how you get on.

It's been a month since I've been on this thread but I wanted to update since I am pretty sure the b vits helped my luteal phase which helped me get pregnant!

good luck to everyone!

Whitglass- what does/ type were you taking? Just b6? Congrats!!!

Thats great news whitglass, congrats!! Its lovely to hear when someone has success. I'm with you there holls147, whitglass you need to tell us everything you did this month that gave you that bfp!

mumof2and1dog, I'm not sure about your spotting although mine has been pretty weird this month! Yours certainly sounds ovulation-related and as much as its the worst advice, time will tell! I started spotting at 4dpo (earliest ever) and yesterday I had one episode of bright red bleeding that convinced me I was out but then its just gone back to spotting until now. Haven't got a clue!! My temp dropped again this morning so I'm guessing its just a matter of time now.

Whats your plans for this month mom23? All well with you ebony? Fingers crossed for an O soon struth xx

Thats great news whitglass, congrats!! Its lovely to hear when someone has success. I'm with you there holls147, whitglass you need to tell us everything you did this month that gave you that bfp!

mumof2and1dog, I'm not sure about your spotting although mine has been pretty weird this month! Yours certainly sounds ovulation-related and as much as its the worst advice, time will tell! I started spotting at 4dpo (earliest ever) and yesterday I had one episode of bright red bleeding that convinced me I was out but then its just gone back to spotting until now. Haven't got a clue!! My temp dropped again this morning so I'm guessing its just a matter of time now.

Whats your plans for this month mom23? All well with you ebony? Fingers crossed for an O soon struth xx

Thanks Lyns - no sign yet but I am having my bloods taken tomorrow so hopefully I should know more when the results come back.

What are you up to now? 7dpo? I have my FX'd for you!

good luck to everyone!

congrats whiteglass...that is fantastic news!!! Keep us posted!

Lyns...how are you doing??? I hope the spotting stopped!

Struth....still no O...what's going on????

As for me...I am on day 2 of clomid! This morning my back is killing me...not sure if it is related or not...other than that no noticible side effects yet! I guess time will tell!

Baby dust to all.....

I've have no idea what is going on! I've about given up to be honest!

FX'd to you that the clomid works, that you get a lovely BIG ovulation and a long break from the dreaded AF!

thanks ladies!!!!
i posted all my symptoms in the big thread of early preg symptoms and to sum them up, the biggest ones looking back were a yeast infection starting at 3/4 dpo (which i never ever get) some blood in my nose when i blew it in the morning, major diarrhea the whole two week wait, no spotting except one small brown spot i searched for on 11 dpo that convinced me AF was coming. and no real pms symptoms, and a late period! every other month i had long lists of symptoms, and this month it was only those.

what i did differently was take flax seed oil from O on, use instead cups and didn't chart at all, which i was only doing some months.

i had been taking b vits for a few months at about 100 mg a day, acupuncture and chiropractor for a few months.

right now i feel great aside from sore bbs, dizziness and fatigue starting to kick in.

i wish you girls all the best, please ask me any questions!

thanks ladies!!!!
i posted all my symptoms in the big thread of early preg symptoms and to sum them up, the biggest ones looking back were a yeast infection starting at 3/4 dpo (which i never ever get) some blood in my nose when i blew it in the morning, major diarrhea the whole two week wait, no spotting except one small brown spot i searched for on 11 dpo that convinced me AF was coming. and no real pms symptoms, and a late period! every other month i had long lists of symptoms, and this month it was only those.

what i did differently was take flax seed oil from O on, use instead cups and didn't chart at all, which i was only doing some months.

i had been taking b vits for a few months at about 100 mg a day, acupuncture and chiropractor for a few months.

right now i feel great aside from sore bbs, dizziness and fatigue starting to kick in.

i wish you girls all the best, please ask me any questions!

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well ladies, thats me out this month. Af arrived this morning :cry: I knew it was on the way tho, my temps just kept going down. In a way I'm relieved that cycle is over, it was bound to be a dud because I hadn't been well. Just like the last time that happened, its as if my body just couldn't manage a decent ovulation and everything else went to pot too!

So on to the next cycle, this time I'm upping my b vits to 150g and I've ordered progesterone cream to use after ovulation. Its a last go at doing it ourselves, and if it doesn't work then I'm just going to stop everything and see what the docs say at the clinic. Trying to stay positive, but thats sometimes half the battle!

Struth I was so excited to see your crosshairs, do you still this FF is wrong? How is the clomid going mom23? How are everyone elses cycles going??
:dust:

Congratulations whitglass!

I'm on cycle #8 and pretty sure I'm about to ovulate... then the countdown begins to see if 100mg B6 can help get my LP above the 6 days it's been stuck at whilst on 50mg...

Also been taking EPO this cycle, which I know can help you produce more fertile cervical fluid... well, mine's been going steadily backwards... a few cycles ago I was getting 10 days of EWCM, last cycle it was 4 days... and now, only today (and a + OPK and very fertile cervix, so I think ov is imminent). Ah well, I've conceived twice before with no fertile CM at all...

I'm focusing on hoping my LP increases by even just a day, as I know getting pregnant is incredible unlikely with the super-short LP I currently have.

struth - I guess the next few temps will give more of a clue as to whether you've ovulated. Fingers crossed!

ebony!!! congratulations to you too! you are two weeks ahead of me we definitely have to be bump buddies now! :)

Hi ladies,

I have been temping now for a few months and it seems that I may have a short luteal phase of 9 days. O am not too sure if its right as I don't do OPKs and my CBFM didn't tell me much this month! I am going to wait until next week as af is due then bit if Im not pg then I think it will be worthwhile me joining you girlies in taking b6.

Have you got any advice for me?

Congratulations to all the bfps on here :hugs:

Emma x

Well ladies, thats me out this month. Af arrived this morning :cry: I knew it was on the way tho, my temps just kept going down. In a way I'm relieved that cycle is over, it was bound to be a dud because I hadn't been well. Just like the last time that happened, its as if my body just couldn't manage a decent ovulation and everything else went to pot too!

So on to the next cycle, this time I'm upping my b vits to 150g and I've ordered progesterone cream to use after ovulation. Its a last go at doing it ourselves, and if it doesn't work then I'm just going to stop everything and see what the docs say at the clinic. Trying to stay positive, but thats sometimes half the battle!

Struth I was so excited to see your crosshairs, do you still this FF is wrong? How is the clomid going mom23? How are everyone elses cycles going??
:dust:

Sorry to hear that AF got you Lyns. Hope that this cycle is the one for you and that you don't need the clinic :hugs:

And bless you for getting excited for me - it wasn't to be though! FF took away the crosshairs this morning! Good job I didn't get my hopes ups again, eh? So I'm back to waiting (yawn) - I get my blood results on Weds though so hopefully I will know more then.

Hi Girls....well cd6 here...one more day of clomid to go! So far no big side effects...I had a sore back the second day but that has gone away. Something else interesting...af was gone yesterday...no spotting today at all...usually I have spotting and the odd cramp until at least cd10...one month it lasted until cd19(actaully that was my second month on bvits!!!). So I am hoping this is a good sign. I am hoping for a nice strong O around cd15! Only time will tell!

I am sorry that af got you lyns...what is your plan now???

Struth...I was so excited for you when i saw the crosshairs...sorry to see they are gone today!! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you!

Welcome to the new girls!

Baby dust to all.....

Well ladies, af turned up so I have just ordered myself some vit b complex 100mg and also got some rasberry leaf tea bags so heres hoping it helps next month. Hope you are all well x

Hi Girls....well cd6 here...one more day of clomid to go! So far no big side effects...I had a sore back the second day but that has gone away. Something else interesting...af was gone yesterday...no spotting today at all...usually I have spotting and the odd cramp until at least cd10...one month it lasted until cd19(actaully that was my second month on bvits!!!). So I am hoping this is a good sign. I am hoping for a nice strong O around cd15! Only time will tell!

I am sorry that af got you lyns...what is your plan now???

Struth...I was so excited for you when i saw the crosshairs...sorry to see they are gone today!! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you!

Welcome to the new girls!

Baby dust to all.....

Thanks mom23, this month I've gone up to 150mg vit B complex. I read somewhere that for shorter LPs you need quite a high dose of vitamin B so Im hoping that might help. I've also ordered some progesterone cream to use after O so hope that'll extend my LP too.

I got a letter from the assisted conception unit saying I'm on their 6 month waiting list. 6 months!! Bit gutted but I guess if we're still needing it by then there's definitely something up. I so hope we're lucky in the next few months and don't need it at all!

Pinky12, good for you trying out the vit B. For some girls it seems to work really quickly so I've everything crossed for you! I drink the raspberry leaf tea too, its supposed to be really good for toning your uterus. Never thought I'd be drinking tea for that!!

Hope everyone is well. Babydust to all xx xx xx

ebony!!! congratulations to you too! you are two weeks ahead of me we definitely have to be bump buddies now! :)

Definately. When you start a pregnancy journal let me know and I'll stalk you with our matching vit b baby bumps! :haha: x

Hi ladies,

Well my vitamin B complex turned up today so here goes! I also got some rasberry leaf tea which is quite nice.

Hope you are all ok :hugs:

Emma x

So glad for this thread! Bumping it so that others can enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->