Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Chiclady - look at that chart of yours.....! Sorry - I know I keep repeating myself but I can't wait until you test in the morning :dust:

hello ladies i really hope you dont mine me joining you on here but i am DESPERATE for some advice

please take a look at my last 2 charts i have had LP of 3days and LP of 7 days average 5 day LP i know this is not good i have been off birth control for over 18 months now (but it was depo)

this cycle i have started taking 70mg of B6 vits hoping to get my LP to 10/11 days

what do you ladies think?
is this enough?
will it even work?

i am so upset about this and wish i had started charting sooner

I did take a look at your charts. I think that I would definitely start the B vitamins this month. I don't have a lot of experience charting and interpreting charts either. Maybe some of the other ladies can help you too!

Chiclady - look at that chart of yours.....! Sorry - I know I keep repeating myself but I can't wait until you test in the morning :dust:

Thanks! I'm thinking I may actually postpone the testing, though. I may wait until Saturday morning - I'm desperate to test, but also desperate to not get a negative. :) Either way, though, the B Vitamins did somehting this month! I had spotting from 9dpo last month! I'm on 11dpo with no spotting!

If you are scared about a bfn - I would wait to test.

I'm a POAS addict and so I was used to seeing bfns but if you find them difficult you are probably best to give it a bit longer.

Great news about the spotting though! :happydance: :happydance:

I'm a POAS addict and so I was used to seeing bfns but if you find them difficult you are probably best to give it a bit longer.

I used to be a POAS addict, but I am mostly in recovery. :) It got hard for the last few months to see the negatives so I stopped testing. now that I'm charting and it looks like a good chart, I feel much more optimistic, but I don't want to have my hopes dashed even though it could still be positive down the road. I mean tomorrow is 12dpo so that could definitely be positive, but I have heard of people getting negatives on 12dpo with FMU and then a positive the next day. I don't know...it's so hard! Maybe if my temp is still up in the morning, I'll take a test.

I used to be a POAS addict, but I am mostly in recovery. :) It got hard for the last few months to see the negatives so I stopped testing. now that I'm charting and it looks like a good chart, I feel much more optimistic, but I don't want to have my hopes dashed even though it could still be positive down the road. I mean tomorrow is 12dpo so that could definitely be positive, but I have heard of people getting negatives on 12dpo with FMU and then a positive the next day. I don't know...it's so hard! Maybe if my temp is still up in the morning, I'll take a test.

You are very strong... i would be crapping myself if I had a chart like that! Understand where you're coming from though. I have never used a HPT yet - on one hand because my LP is so short I never get the chance, but if this lasts, I will hold out as long as possible. I have this thing where I don't want to know if I have a 'chemical' - think it would just mess with my head something rotten. So I will for sure try to hold out as long as possible... still would be hard if my chart looked like that though!

I want to knowwwwwww! FX for you.

Hi Ladies

I've not been on here for ages but just wanted to say big congrats Struth and I hope this is a sticky one for you. Its such a big step to even get this far! Your temps look amazing!

Babydust to all the other ladies too xx

Hey Lyns148, it is good to hear from you - I hope that this little bean is a sticky one too! I'm shocked to have got this far - especially with my early spotting.

How are things with you?

Ill be keeping everything crossed for you struth!

I'm doing ok, although things aren't really working out at the moment. I gave the vitamins one last cycle but they weren't doing anything for me I'm afraid. I went all the way up to 150g but it didn't change my LP at all so this month I have stopped everything to see what my body will do on its own. We're expecting sperm sample results for DH in the next few weeks and should have an appointment with the fertility clinic in the next few months. I'm pretty sad about the way things are turning out for us but I find it really encouraging to come on here and see things working out for some of you guys.

Babydust xx

You are very strong... i would be crapping myself if I had a chart like that! Understand where you're coming from though. I have never used a HPT yet - on one hand because my LP is so short I never get the chance, but if this lasts, I will hold out as long as possible. I have this thing where I don't want to know if I have a 'chemical' - think it would just mess with my head something rotten. So I will for sure try to hold out as long as possible... still would be hard if my chart looked like that though!

I think the 'chemical' thing is another reason I sort of want to hold off. I had a m/c in December and although I was 6 weeks along, I think another loss would be really hard to handle, especially since I'm coming up on what would have been my EDD. But you ladies will be the first to know! Of course! who knows, I may break down and test tomorrow AM....

Googly - One other thing! Is that a temp rise that I see? Maybe it was implantation yesterday! FX!

Googly - One other thing! Is that a temp rise that I see? Maybe it was implantation yesterday! FX!

Yeah a smidge... :shhh: Just hope AF holds off a couple more days at least to give it a chance (if it is anything...) I'm about 50/50 on hope/pessimism right now!

(I think they call it 'managing expectations' :D)

Hi Ladies

I've not been on here for ages but just wanted to say big congrats Struth and I hope this is a sticky one for you. Its such a big step to even get this far! Your temps look amazing!

Babydust to all the other ladies too xx

Hey Lyns148, it is good to hear from you - I hope that this little bean is a sticky one too! I'm shocked to have got this far - especially with my early spotting.

How are things with you?

Ill be keeping everything crossed for you struth!

I'm doing ok, although things aren't really working out at the moment. I gave the vitamins one last cycle but they weren't doing anything for me I'm afraid. I went all the way up to 150g but it didn't change my LP at all so this month I have stopped everything to see what my body will do on its own. We're expecting sperm sample results for DH in the next few weeks and should have an appointment with the fertility clinic in the next few months. I'm pretty sad about the way things are turning out for us but I find it really encouraging to come on here and see things working out for some of you guys.

Babydust xx

Am so sorry to hear that the vits didn't work for you honey. It must be so frustrating. It sounds like they are going to check everything out for you though hon. I hope that there is something straightforward that can be done to sort your LP out (or better still that your body just sorts itself out this cycle).

You never know it could just surprise you - I was so sure I was out as I was spotting at 7dpo again this cycle.

I think the 'chemical' thing is another reason I sort of want to hold off. I had a m/c in December and although I was 6 weeks along, I think another loss would be really hard to handle, especially since I'm coming up on what would have been my EDD. But you ladies will be the first to know! Of course! who knows, I may break down and test tomorrow AM....

Completely understand the chemical thing (despite being a POAS addict). I would rather not know.

I was wondering will taking B6 help with a hypothyroid?

So i decided not to test this morning...my temp went down - not a lot, but enough to shake my confidence since it was two drops in a row. I need some good chart stalkers to take a look to see if I'm out or not.

So one thing I was thinking is that I actually woke up to pee early at 4:15 this morning and I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep another three hours before I needed to be up for the day. So I took my temp then. When I go to the BBT adjuster based on the time I usually take it, it would be .25 degrees higher. I've adjusted it in my chart, but I may not leave it there. What would you girls do?

I would leave it as the adjusted temp - I often wake up an hour early but still use the temp from the time I should have woken (7am). I take my temp when I wake (6am - why I don't know!) but then lie in bed for an hour dozing or just resting. My temp is always higher at the correct time (7am) and I record the temp taken at the correct time. It seems to fit better with my other temps.

My temp doesn't seem to be affected too much by early waking or a trip to the toilet a couple of hours before my temp time. I know people are different but I think worrying about getting three hours and doing it as soon as you wake is counterproductive. The main thing seems to be taking it at a consistent time.

Plus look at my chart - it goes up and down but the trend is that the temps are higher. That is the important thing. Let's hope you get a small rise tomorrow.

Just out of interest, what was the unadjusted temp?

Unadjusted, my temp was 98.11. So definitely not a huge drop, and still way above the coverline, but this was the first time I got up to go to the restroom and didn't use my 5:30 wakeup temp.

I guess we just have to see what happens tomorrow....! I really hope this is it for you.

FF said your chart was triphasic, didn't it? I'm not sure if you have VIP access but when mine went triphasic I checked the percentages of charts with triphasic patterns with bfps. 79% result in pregnancy, 17% ovulatory and 2% miscarriage.... That is a 4 in 5 chance of bfp - I'd take those odds.

Sorry - I don't want to whip you up in to a frenzy but I'm excited for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->