Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I guess we just have to see what happens tomorrow....! I really hope this is it for you.

FF said your chart was triphasic, didn't it? I'm not sure if you have VIP access but when mine went triphasic I checked the percentages of charts with triphasic patterns with bfps. 79% result in pregnancy, 17% ovulatory and 2% miscarriage.... That is a 4 in 5 chance of bfp - I'd take those odds.

Sorry - I don't want to whip you up in to a frenzy but I'm excited for you.

I know...I do have FF VIP access and did the exact same search. I think I am just being guarded because I have had a long road this time around. With DS, I got pregnant the first month. And then I had a m/c after getting pregnant in November that I think I'm a bit gunshy. It's funny, becuase the first few months when it was negative I was peeing on everything I could get my hands on!

Hey gals, well I'm out for this cycle unfortunately... Damn short LP! Felt different this cycle as well - really felt something was starting to happen - will never know I guess. So on to the next... Man I hate cd1!

Chiclady - Hold out for as long as you can but I think you've got more than a decent chance there!! Still looking 'model' triphasic. I am FX for you...

googly - I'm so sorry to hear it's CD1 again. That just plain sucks. There are no other words, but treat yourself to a big glass of wine guilt free!

Hey gals, well I'm out for this cycle unfortunately... Damn short LP! Felt different this cycle as well - really felt something was starting to happen - will never know I guess. So on to the next... Man I hate cd1!

Chiclady - Hold out for as long as you can but I think you've got more than a decent chance there!! Still looking 'model' triphasic. I am FX for you...

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So sorry the witch got you hon x

Well, I caved and took a test this morning. I'm 13dpo and my chart looks great. I tested with FMU on a FRER and I got a :bfn:. I'm pretty bummed but I am going to take my own advice and remember that I'm not out until AF shows. The funny thing is that I feel in my heart that I'm pregnant this month and it's gotten stronger over the last few days and that's why I'm surprised with this result. I am going to test again on Sunday (16dpo) and hopefully it will be positive then.

My temps are still way up so that's a good sign, but I just feel like it should be positive today. Hmmmm....

Hey Chiclady - everything is still looking good and you are right about not being out yet. Probably best to wait a few days so 16 dpo would be sensible I guess.

I have a really good feeling about you.... I hope I am right x

Hi ladies! Hubby and I are on our first month TTC and I have a very short luteal phase. The last several months of charting reflect a 26 day cycle, ovulation between cd19-21 with a luteal phase of around 7 days. Last cycle I started taking 100mg of B6. it seems to be working great! This cycle I ovulated on cd16 and am currently at 12dpo and cd28! I took a hpt, which came back negative. But I'm super excited to see thaty cycle seems to be getting back to normal. So I think b6 is great so far and would recommend it to not only lengthen luteal phase but make cycles more consistent!

Desirae20 - that is great news! You seem to have had a great improvement with vit b.

Chiclady - waiting to see your temp this morning :coffee:

Temp is down significantly and I had a bit of spotting so I'm pretty sure I'm out. The good news is that I had a 13 day LP (compared to 11 with spotting starting on 9dpo) so the B vitamins did something. Also good news is that my doc is having me come in for bloodwork this cycle since it's been 6 months since my levels were back down to zero after the miscarriage. It's funny, when I was on the pill, I got pregnant the month after coming off. But now I've been off for 9 months and I can't get pregnant. I've got another pack left in my cabinet...maybe I should take those again for a month and then stop again. :) Partly kidding.

Chiclady, I'm new to this site and am not familiar with your situation, but we seem to be having a similar time here. I am also spotting with a temp that dropped today. My dr wants me to come in for a cd21 progesterone test. This was only my first month TTC but saw my dr a while ago and he said that if my progesterone levels are low he would put me on clomid? Is that kinda what's going on with you too? I haven't had the test yet but I want to try to do it on our own first. I'm surprises at how bummed I feel after it only being a month, but it looks like the b6 is doing well for both of us and hopefully it will make the difference soon. How long have you been taking it now?

Chiclady, I'm new to this site and am not familiar with your situation, but we seem to be having a similar time here. I am also spotting with a temp that dropped today. My dr wants me to come in for a cd21 progesterone test. This was only my first month TTC but saw my dr a while ago and he said that if my progesterone levels are low he would put me on clomid? Is that kinda what's going on with you too? I haven't had the test yet but I want to try to do it on our own first. I'm surprises at how bummed I feel after it only being a month, but it looks like the b6 is doing well for both of us and hopefully it will make the difference soon. How long have you been taking it now?

This is my first month taking it. I had a m/c back in December my first cycle after coming off the pill. My doc wants me to come in for Day 3 and Day 21 (or 7dpo) bloodwork. My appointment is set up for Monday at 9 AM. I don't know the next step once those come back...I just am ready to start the next step of our lives. Do you have a chart you want to link up to here? I love a good chart stalk as much as the next guy.

Lol. Yes I do. I am new to the site so let me figure out how to do it and I will post it. :) my dr told me that if my progesterone levels are low he would give me clomid and then once I actually conceive, he would start me on some additional progesterone to lower the risk of m/c. I'm sorry to hear of yours. But the good news is a short lP seems to be a relatively easy fix. I'm assuming your dr will tell you something similar at your apt. And since the b6 looks to be improving your cycle, that's a really good sign.

Temp is down significantly and I had a bit of spotting so I'm pretty sure I'm out. The good news is that I had a 13 day LP (compared to 11 with spotting starting on 9dpo) so the B vitamins did something. Also good news is that my doc is having me come in for bloodwork this cycle since it's been 6 months since my levels were back down to zero after the miscarriage. It's funny, when I was on the pill, I got pregnant the month after coming off. But now I've been off for 9 months and I can't get pregnant. I've got another pack left in my cabinet...maybe I should take those again for a month and then stop again. :) Partly kidding.

Oh..... I really thought this was it for you. I'm so sorry Chiclady :hugs: Has the witch arrived yet?

It is good that your LP has improved so much but I wasn't hoping that the AF was going to stay away for 9 months.

Keep us posted on how the blood work goes.

Hey guys, hi Desirae! And Chiclady - really sorry to hear of your temp drop/spotting - it's quite unbelievable after your chart, and in fact I don't think I'll ever trust a chart again after that - I thought that was it for sure! Sheeeet... I'm sorry...

(of course you're not out for SURE yet.....?)

Anyway i think I have the same progesterone issue as you guys - just waiting for test results now. B complex seems to have helped me add a day or 2 ( from 7 to 9 days) but that's just not going to get it done. Hoping the doc can give me some ideas/way forward...

hi to all. first of all, sorry for my english it's bad. I'm TTC since november... at first I didn't cared about, but when the months went by and I didn't get pregnant I started to taking the temperature and I realized that I had a 8-10 days of phase luteal. I tried with flax oil but it didn't work on me.
Then I found this forum and the experiences with b- complex. I started taking a 100bcomplex the 9 day the past cycle and I had a 12 luteal phase so it works on me! :)
now I'm on my second cycle with bcomplex and I'm on 4 after ovulation day but I'm all day with heartburn and I thinking it can be the bcomplex?
I want to know if you usually make some days off of bcomplex...
thanks for you help
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/lariain

Hey everyone -

I'm definitely out this month. I'm heading in right now for my CD3 bloodwork. I appreciate everyone's cheers and support this month!

So the doctor said that I could have an HSG this month or wait until next month. Because I'm nothing if not impatient, I opted to have it done next Monday. Thankfully, my insurance covers it. I've heard good things about fertility after the procedure.

I also talked to her about the BVitamins and she's fine with me continuing them. I brought my two charts before and after. She said there isn't any harm in taking them at all and it seems to have helped me. All in all, a positive appointment.

So the doctor said that I could have an HSG this month or wait until next month. Because I'm nothing if not impatient, I opted to have it done next Monday. Thankfully, my insurance covers it. I've heard good things about fertility after the procedure.

I also talked to her about the BVitamins and she's fine with me continuing them. I brought my two charts before and after. She said there isn't any harm in taking them at all and it seems to have helped me. All in all, a positive appointment.

Sounds positive Chiclady! What is the HSG? Haven't caught up with that one yet...

Sounds good - and I would have gone with it this month too. Why wait?!

I have heard good things about fertility after a HSG too - doesn't it kind of clean your tubes out?! A lady on BNB had one and got her bfp the next month - of course it could be coincidence but it might also have been the HSG.

Let us know how you go... :hugs:

Sounds positive Chiclady! What is the HSG? Haven't caught up with that one yet...

An HSG is a short procedure that effectively checks for blockages in the tubes. In many cases, women get cleared out of minor blockages and people get pregnant relatively quickly after that. Apparently this is one of the first steps in Fertility workups that my doctor does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->