Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

.....i never really know when i have ovulated as i don't temp.

BUT today i am going to make the call i ovulated cd11 as i started getting high cbfm on cd8, OPK positive cd9, peaked and positive opk on 10.

im still going to try to bd every other day till period but for the purpose of fertility friend cd 11 is ovulation day......

i cant wait to see how vit b affects the cycle.

fingers crossed to everyone out there!!

i am now off till new years eve!!! wooooo hoop

Hi Ladies - I'm new here and have spent the past week lurking in here and reading this entire thread!!! Wow, it's a lot of great information and very encouraging :)

I recently started taking B 100 on CD 2, I'm now on CD 4. My cycles are typically 25 days with an 11/12 day LP, I do chart and use OPK's. I'm really excited to see if the B complex makes any difference this cycle, although I'm nervous about O'ing early and missing our window as we will be staying with family over Christmas and I'm not a fan of BD'ing in other peoples houses hahaha!!

Anyway, I wanted to jump in and say thanks and Merry Christmas :)

I didnt start my B100 complex till after O so i dont think it will have much of an effect on my cycle but it has really made me feel great, a lot more energy. Def gonna stick with it!!

hey all! I'm new to BnB. This is CD1 of our 5th cycle tic #1 and I just learned about LPD. My LP is 10-11 days with a temp drop occurring around 9DPO so I started taking 100mg of B6 in addition to the 2mg in my prenatal. Hopefully that will have some immediate effect!!

Good luck bearcub! Give it a few months, and if you don't see a result, try 200 mg or you can also consider using a progesterone cream. I'm doing both because I'm an impatient girl!

Wow, I see lots of new faces!! I am back on the TTC wagon, just started my Pharmacopia of supplements today :) hopefully we all get our BFP and sticky beanies soon! Baby :dust: to everyone! Here we come 2012 babies!!

Wow, this is a lucky thread! Congrats on so many BFP's!

I started taking B100's 6 days ago at 2dpo. Hoping to make my lp a bit longer and/or my O a bit faster. Haha. But like was mentioned, it can't hurt and it might help, so why not.

Very pleased to have found this thread. It took me days to read it, but was heartwarming to see so many ladies having good results. Sometimes TTC seems like a hopeless job.

Derina, it does indeed seem hopeless. Trying to keep the faith it will happen sooner rather than later, and that it WILL HAPPEN.

Afm, my update is another bfn this cycle, but my LP is went from 11 to 12 days last cycle, and now its 13 this cycle. I was however taking progesterone cream, so that may have had something to do with it.

This time around, I may stay at b50 or go up to b100. I'm happy with the 13 day LP, but I did spot starting at 10 or 11 dpo. Still deciding what to do.

Hi ladies. I've been taking B6 for the past couple of months and got my :bfp: yesterday :happydance: I only had an 8 day LP last cycle so I really think the B6 has helped. I'm 9dpo today and temperature went up today and had a darker line on my test today so all looking good.

I just wonder what everyone is going to do once they get their BFPs? Are you all going to keep taking the B6 or lower the dose or stop it completely?! I'm taking 100mg and have read conflicting advice on the internet. I expect this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread but there's too many pages for me to look through!

:dust: to all of you and keep thinking positive! B6 does work!

I just wonder what everyone is going to do once they get their BFPs? Are you all going to keep taking the B6 or lower the dose or stop it completely?! I'm taking 100mg and have read conflicting advice on the internet. I expect this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread but there's too many pages for me to look through!

:dust: to all of you and keep thinking positive! B6 does work!
B6 helps with morning sickness

"However, the dose commonly recommended for easing nausea and vomiting is much higher – 10 to 25 mg, three times a day. To reach this amount, you'll need to take B6 supplements"

https://www.babycenter.com/404_does-vitamin-b6-help-relieve-morning-sickness_2519.bc

Definitely keep taking it at least through the first 12-16 weeks - there have been instances if women who stop taking it, then miscarry. Not to scare you. Should be fine for the baby, and docs prescribe it for ms all the time.

Thanks for the congratulations and advice girls :flower: I'm going to keep taking it and just mention it to the doctor when I go and see them, hopefully this week. I'll let you know what they say!

Hi girls,

I just registered in this forum, because I am extremely confused and need some support and advice. My husband and I started trying for a baby 3 months ago and I had some routine tests done. It turns out I have:

1. High prolactine (32 in November, 35 in December - maximum is 24)
2. High total testosterone (53 in December - max is 49)
3. Rucurrent UTIs
4. Short lutheal phase (7 days); 22 days cycle

I have scheduled a physical exam, a head MRI to rule out high prolactine microadenomas. In the meantime, I am constantly seeing ob gyns who have completely different opinions. One said I should only take Vit B6 and try to conceive for another 18!? months (I'm 29 and cannot wait that long). The other one wants to put me on multiple drugs like Clomid and ..forgot the other one.

I know this is too much info, so I'll try to summarize my questions:

1. Do you think I should just take Vit B6 (B complex ideally) to regulate my prolactine and my short lutheal phase or should I seek a second opinion?

2. Has anybody here managed to eventually get pregnant will all these issues?

3. If my prolactine level is high does this automatically mean my progesterone is low? How about my estradiol? Sorry for the stupid questions, I did some research but too much infomration just made my brain hurt.

Thanks for your advice, good luck to all of you!

Congrats Puss, that's fantastic!
Altruism - I honestly can't advise you, but wish you all the luck in the world. Welcome to BnB :)

Welcome altruism.

In my opinion, taking b6 can't hurt, so I don't see any reason not to try it.

As for the high prolactin and testosterone, I have no idea how those are best treated, or how that affects estrogen or progesterone. Is there any way you can talk to a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in these hormonal conditions?

Thank you for the quick replies and the warm welcome!

I am in the process of looking for the best reproductive endocrinologist in the area, will keep you posted with results. I also started taking vitB6, let's see how it goes..

Good luck to all of you!

Update: upped my dosage of b complex from b50 to b100 this cycle, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to ovulate early. The first cycle I charted, I was not yet using b complex, and I started getting highs on my monitor on cd 15, and I ovulated on cd 18. The next cycle, I used b50, got my first high on cd 13, and ovulated one day earlier, on cd 17. This cycle, I'm taking b100, got my first high on cd 10, and got a + opk tonight on cd 13. I expect to get a peak tomorrow in cd 14, and ovulate by cd 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->