Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

:hi: everyone.

I'm looking for some advice and spotted your thread so hope you can help.

I've been TTC #1 for for 5 months. My cycles are pretty regular, anything from 26-29 days but normally the 28 day textbook cycle.

Last month I decided to start tracking when I o and so I bought the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and got peaks on cd11 and cd12 and this month cd15 and cd16 (although, I also started temping this month and it looks like I o'd on cd17). However, for past four months I've started spotting on cd22 and it continues up until AF shows. I went to my doctor who is carrying out blood work to check my hormone levels (I had a cd5 test for FSH and LH that came back clear) and I had my 21 day test yesterday (results not in until after Christmas).

Well, today is cd22 (5-6 dpo) and the spotting has started again. I'm obviously concerned that I seem to have a really short leutal phase. My temps have been pretty eratic and have barely got above coverline since I o'd. I'm so desperate to put an end to this cd22 curse and I've been reading that vitamin b-complex has helped some women increase their leutal phase. I'm wondering how you ladies have found this and if you can offer any advice (e.g. should I take 50mg or 100mg? and should I start it now or wait until af shows? are there any drawbacks for taking it).

Sorry for rambling, it's just so upsetting when I see the spotting each and every month. :cry:

Thanks for listening (or, rather, reading!) :flower:

Wow you were up early happenstance. When does actual full flow start?

Were you in BCP before starting TTC?

B Complex is safe to use and does have good effects so I definitely think it's worth a shot. Good you're having blood tests though to check your progesterone.

There is no harm in starting it now. I take B 100 Complex but you could try B50 and see if it helps and up to 100 if it doesnt.

As long as full flow doesn't start until at least 10dpo I would be too concerned.

Thanks Bean66, that's really helpful (and yes, I was up early. Went to bathroom, noticed spotting and then couldn't get back to sleep so resorted to the dreaded Google! I know, I know, but I couldn't help myself :winkwink:)

No, I've not been on BCP or anything else, always used condoms pre-TTC so never been on any medication. That's why it's so strange as I never had anything like this prior to the last few months. I take it spotting in your LP means chances of conceiving are lower than people that don't spot?

I'm not really sure how many dpo full flow normally comes as I only really started tracking my o last month the CBFM. According to last month, full flow was approx 10-11 dpo (and af arrived rather early at cd25). Not sure about this month as I seem to have o'd later.

Thanks for the advice on B6, I'll nip out to Holland and Barrett and buy some today. How long did it take you to notice a difference with it?

Thanks again for your help! :flower:

hey ladies

just a update.....first month on vit B50

cd9 and still high on CBFM but i have tons of CM - im thinking my body is at least gearing up to OV even if it doesnt. I had ovulation pains last night so a good sign.

usually we bd every day but this month its going to be every other until i am totally sure i have OV'd

xx

Heres a miniupdate for me - o'ed one day early this month, taking b50. Will report back with LP length, or hopefully a bfp!

Just bought my first bottle of Vitamin B-50 complex. :happydance: I'm really hoping this works.

How long did it take before you all noticed a difference? First month or first few months?

Just bought my first bottle of Vitamin B-50 complex. :happydance: I'm really hoping this works.

How long did it take before you all noticed a difference? First month or first few months?

Sorry I don't post much on here anymore but I wanted to reply.

I had an LP around 7 days and the 1st month I took vit b50 my LP went up to 11 days and I had a chemical. The 2nd month I got my bfp. I was truely shocked how much it did for me but it really does work for some people.

Good luck with it. :thumbup: xxx

***major change to cycle *****

ok so first month on vit B50...... normally its a 42 day cycle....

I got PEAK CBFM today at cd10!!! positive OPK, tons ewcm!!!!!!

first time ever peak on CBFM ( second month using) ad the darkest OPK ever!!!

................................fingers crossed!!! the luminous wee is worth it

bd cd7, 9, 10
xxx

nope dont temp due to shifts. ,,,,,,

am very pleased but not 100% banking its my ovulation just in case its a false alert ....without temping i know its not certain

so will prob bd every other day until AF and still use OPK.

dead pleased tho all symptoms point to OV

xxx

nope dont temp due to shifts. ,,,,,,

am very pleased but not 100% banking its my ovulation just in case its a false alert ....without temping i know its not certain

so will prob bd every other day until AF and still use OPK.

dead pleased tho all symptoms point to OV

xxx

Good plan! :thumbup:

So happy for happy! Maybe this will be THE CYCLE!

I had an LP around 7 days and the 1st month I took vit b50 my LP went up to 11 days and I had a chemical. The 2nd month I got my bfp. I was truely shocked how much it did for me but it really does work for some people.

Ebony2010, thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you had a chemical, that must be horrible. But I'm so happy that you finally got your BFP! What stage are you at now? I hope everything is going really well for you.

AF came full force today meaning this month I have an LP of just 6 days (I seem to be getting shorter each month). :cry: I was feeling really awful about it until I read your post - it's given me real hope! Today is day 2 of my vit B50 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's a positive change for me. I still really, really want a BFP but at this point, I'd settle for a (more) normal cycle with a lengthened LP!

Thanks again for posting, I really appreciate it. It's made me feel so much better. :flower::flower::flower:

Happenstance - sorry about your 6day LP. Maybe consider increasing to 100mg day?

Gave you had bloods done? Can't remember sorry?

Ebony2010, thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you had a chemical, that must be horrible. But I'm so happy that you finally got your BFP! What stage are you at now? I hope everything is going really well for you.

AF came full force today meaning this month I have an LP of just 6 days (I seem to be getting shorter each month). :cry: I was feeling really awful about it until I read your post - it's given me real hope! Today is day 2 of my vit B50 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's a positive change for me. I still really, really want a BFP but at this point, I'd settle for a (more) normal cycle with a lengthened LP!

Thanks again for posting, I really appreciate it. It's made me feel so much better. :flower::flower::flower:

I actually had a MMC so I'm now TTC again and back on the vit b as although my cycle has sorted itself out it was the missing link iykwim.

I'm sorry you only had a 6 day LP. :hugs: B50 did wonders for me and I hope it does for you too. xxx

ebony im so sorry to hear of your loss

im on second day peak. bd today but cant tomorrow with work.

my opk are back to negative which is unusual i normally have a couple of days semi positive

im worried to class this as ovulation for the purpose of testing as i have never ever ovulated so early, i normally have a 42 day cycle,,,,but want to take a preg test just not sure when? ......you think i should wait at least until day 42??

xxxx

Woohoo, I got my first ever positive OPKs the past two days (I have never used them before this cycle). The peak/darkest was yesterday around 6pm and this morning was just barely still positive so I am thinking probably O today! I hope so because this means my O date keeps moving up by two days every cycle since coming off BCP...

It will *hopefully* also translate into a bit longer LP, but no guarantees!

I leave for vacation tomorrow evening and I am leaving the thermometer at home so I won't know for *sure* the length of my LP this cycle but I will assume today is O and then count from there :thumbup:

I hope all of you ladies have a fabulous holiday season and for those TTC I hope you get the :bfp: you are waiting for! If not, on to 2012 which I think will be a very awesome year :happydance:

I am TTC starting after my vacation and after AF so I am very very excited to see if 2012 will indeed be my year! Wooohoo!

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Ebony2010. I can't even begin to imagine what you've gone through. I hope the B-50 works it's magic for you this time too and you get a BFP really, really soon. I'm also glad to know that your cycle has regulated itself and FX that works for me too. Did you have pre-AF spotting too or was it just a short LP that made you decide to take B-50 in the first place?

This feels so odd for me as I was always as regular as clockwork. And then I decide to TTC and everything goes haywire - go figure! :wacko:

Bean66, thanks for the advice on the 100mg. To be honest, if the chemist had sold 100mg I would have chosen that first but it's really hard to find it. Even Boots doesn't do a B-50 complex (or, at least, I could only find low dosage B-complex)!!! I've started on B-50 so I'll see how that goes for now but if after this cycle my LP is still ridiculously short then I'll opt for the higher dose. Also, I went for my 21-day blood test this week but the results won't be back until after Christmas. I've also been referred for a transvaginal ultrasound and on the waiting list for a gyno appointment. The waiting lists are just so long!

I really appreciate all of the advice as it's hard to know where to turn. Nobody other than DH knows we're trying and DH isn't the most informed when it comes to LP defects!!! I've got a hard enough time trying to explain to him what I need OPKs for!!!

Thanks again, :flower::flower::flower:

I actually think b6 is messing with my cycles and I am not even sure I am ovulating.
I never use to spot before but first cycle I started taking b6 I spotted on day 25 and had a 27 day cycle (use to be 33)
Second cycle, no spotting BUT I was taking EPO as well (30 capsules which have now run out and I didn't buy anymore) so I this could be why I didn't spot.
Third cycle, I am now on day 22 and spotting. This is just crazy!!!

ebony im so sorry to hear of your loss

im on second day peak. bd today but cant tomorrow with work.

my opk are back to negative which is unusual i normally have a couple of days semi positive

im worried to class this as ovulation for the purpose of testing as i have never ever ovulated so early, i normally have a 42 day cycle,,,,but want to take a preg test just not sure when? ......you think i should wait at least until day 42??

xxxx

If you are sure you've ovulated I'd wait 14 days and then test. :thumbup:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Ebony2010. I can't even begin to imagine what you've gone through. I hope the B-50 works it's magic for you this time too and you get a BFP really, really soon. I'm also glad to know that your cycle has regulated itself and FX that works for me too. Did you have pre-AF spotting too or was it just a short LP that made you decide to take B-50 in the first place?

This feels so odd for me as I was always as regular as clockwork. And then I decide to TTC and everything goes haywire - go figure! :wacko:

Bean66, thanks for the advice on the 100mg. To be honest, if the chemist had sold 100mg I would have chosen that first but it's really hard to find it. Even Boots doesn't do a B-50 complex (or, at least, I could only find low dosage B-complex)!!! I've started on B-50 so I'll see how that goes for now but if after this cycle my LP is still ridiculously short then I'll opt for the higher dose. Also, I went for my 21-day blood test this week but the results won't be back until after Christmas. I've also been referred for a transvaginal ultrasound and on the waiting list for a gyno appointment. The waiting lists are just so long!

I really appreciate all of the advice as it's hard to know where to turn. Nobody other than DH knows we're trying and DH isn't the most informed when it comes to LP defects!!! I've got a hard enough time trying to explain to him what I need OPKs for!!!

Thanks again, :flower::flower::flower:

Thanks. :hugs:

I took it the first time because I had an LP of 7 days but since the MC I have an 11 day LP but spotting from 9dpoish. I'm on clomid and doing all the right things so I thought trying vit b again would be the only different thing... like the missing link. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->